British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayPortal

Isle Of Wight Wightlink Warriors 2016

Will travel to IOW on a Tuesday, but complain about a Sunday meeting at Rye House?

Last time I was at Smallbrook was for a PL meeting against Berwick in October, possibly in their last season before closing. There were no more than 150 people there. I hope the crowds pick up once the holiday season starts.

Sorry to say, but I don't think speedway is sustainable on the island

IOW closed at the end of the 2013 season but left the PL after the 2008 season. That's 5 seasons in the NL since you've last been down. But hopefully the new promotion's new initiatives can attract better crowds.

IOW closed at the end of the 2013 season but left the PL after the 2008 season. That's 5 seasons in the NL since you've last been down. But hopefully the new promotion's new initiatives can attract better crowds.

Bloody hell, 2008! Didn't realise it was that long ago.

Does any other BSF member find the IoW website difficult to follow?

Yes, the clearly have put a lot of work in, but as you say it's hard to use.

It feels clunky, and the man with the crash helmet makes it hard to read.

Like Teaboy says they've put a lot of work in so I don't want to knock it but tbh I used the portal website instead of the official website.

I have had another try at negotiating the IoW website and guess what? As the old saying goes "...I got nowhere FAST!..."

Here's the IoW website Link...http://www.iowislanders.co/

Edited by Guest

I hadn't realised IOW had changed their race night to Thursday's. Any reason why they've changed it from Tuesday?

Hi teaboy279, yes it will be available on the evening of Thursday May 5th, time to be confirmed

Many thanks

Andy

Cheers mate.

Hi teaboy279, yes it will be available on the evening of Thursday May 5th, time to be confirmed

Many thanks

Andy

Cheers mate.

think iow need to make changes out with compton and smart strengthen reserves and bring in another 7 point rider that can do all and more than the present no 1

Warwick 7.01...

Doubt he will want to race this year

Joe has signed for the IOW on a temp basis till Benji Compton recovers from a broken scaphoid.

Good luck joe. Can only help us with Joe getting more rides

Edited by Phil The Ace

Wight Warriors take on the Mildenhall Fen Tigers in the second home national trophy meeting of the season at the Andrew Younie Stadium Smallbrook this coming Thursday.

Here is Warriors promoter and team manager for the meeting Barry Bishop with his thoughts looking at the match ahead.

Brought to you by Wessex Marine, Wight Warriors and Speedway Portal.

http://www.speedwayportal.com/#!wight-warriors-media-channel-home-page/pbcfz

Edited by Andy Wightlink Warriors