British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Colts 2016

Is boxall elegible to ride NL as would be good to have our no7 as our no1 in NL

Should imagine Rob Shuttleworth and David Holt will be in side, also matt williamson who is a local lad.

I think Lee Payne is a belle Vue asset so how about this

Boxall

Shuttleworth

Williamson

Widman

Payne

Holt

Bickley (of he can get special dispensation)

Edited by Phil The Ace

I would hope that Matt Willy is in Cradley's plans after his progress over the last few years, and with him just becoming a Wolves asset it would make sense for him to get some more laps around Monmore.

I like Lee Payne, he will be a huge asset to the team he signs for (or stays with!). I think Boxall's PL average rules him out of the NL, though I think the Holt is nailed on after not being released to sign for Buxton last year

Good to see BV back in the league, I will be looking for the fixtures to see if I can get a visit to the new stadium in this season

1.Williamson - local lad

5.Payne - owned by bv
6.Holt - owned by bv?

Edited by jubileeclip

Should imagine Rob Shuttleworth and David Holt will be in side, also matt williamson who is a local lad.

Boxall

Shuttleworth

Williamson

Widman

Payne

Holt

I was told a rider who rides in either EL or PL, can not ride in NL next year (assuming an average of over 4.00 PL), but have not seen it confirmed elsewhere. Either way, it would rule out a number of potential #1's.

Boxall

Shuttleworth

Williamson

Widman

Payne

Holt

That team would score 50+ everywhere! Holt looks a certainty, I wouldn't be surprised if Williamson's average priced him out of Cradley's team, Boxall's PL average is too high and can't do NL, I doubt they'll let Bickley in, Widman I assume will be at Smallbrook and if Payne joins then I wonder where Stoke's heat leaders will come from.

I was told a rider who rides in either EL or PL, can not ride in NL next year (assuming an average of over 4.00 PL), but have not seen it confirmed elsewhere. Either way, it would rule out a number of potential #1's.

Previously that's only applied to PL riders. If it includes EL as well now it would probably only exclude Stefan Nielsen from the NL.

Edited by Islander15

Its not true that an EL rider cant ride NL in 2016, and is only true in the PL if a PL rider has an average over 4, even then if the rider does Not have a PL spot he can ride NL even if his PL average is above 4.

As an example of the EL, NL; Max Clegg is riding EL & NL with Wolves and Cradley, he is also riding PL with Edinburgh, but that's because his PL average is under 4. There is nothing preventing a rider riding two or three Leagues, so long as his averages allow it.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Scratch that re Williamson, with Morris coming back to Cradley Matt will obviously be elsewhere so BV would make sense

Need an out and out number one, speak to branford, you never know he has nothing else.

Junior

• Like 1

Need an out and out number one, speak to branford, you never know he has nothing else.

Junior

Raiders have 7 spaces open still.

Junior

And that's definitely his level.

And that's definitely his level.

Your right he did have a great year,

Over 10 average in the NL

Member of the mighty monarchs winning team and average around 3.5

Even had a ride for Swindon in the PL and more than held his own.

And all that with a torn rotor cuff after August.

Junior

Edited by junior fan

Your right he did have a great year,

Over 10 average in the NL

Member of the mighty monarchs winning team and average around 3.5

Even had a ride for Swindon in the PL and more than held his own.

And all that with a torn rotor cuff after August.

Junior

But nobody wants him.