British Speedway Forum

And after being a wobbler at first Sam Ermolenko became a world champ,so I am not sure what your point was saying he was a wobbler at first

Let's not forget, Sam didn't even take up speedway till his 20's, within just over 3 years of first ever having a go on a speedway bike he was in a run-off for the World Title.. you don't do that without 'natural talent'.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Let's not forget, Sam didn't even take up speedway till his 20's, within just over 3 years of first ever having a go on a speedway bike he was in a run for the World Title.. you don't do that without 'natural talent'.

Yes,but some people back them were in teams within weeks of taking up the sport.It was easy back then :P:rofl:;)

Come on, be fair, give him time to get training.

For what? i am sure i can hold my own NOW you Witcher are beginning to piss me off bigtime rubbish Stirrer or what why don't you pop out of the closet and bring your bum bandit the doctor with you.??

Yes,but some people back them were in teams within weeks of taking up the sport.It was easy back then :P:rofl:;)

Very true :)

Although that was the bottom end of the teams. Whatever era, the top end always has class riders.

For what? i am sure i can hold my own NOW you Witcher are beginning to piss me off bigtime rubbish Stirrer or what why don't you pop out of the closet and bring your bum bandit the doctor with you.??

Calm down,calm down,calm down lad.You can't say things like that nowadays!!!!!

Sidney, why do you always try to ruin interesting threads?

There has been a lot of sensible, civil discussion on this thread where a few of us have learned new things. I researched and learned more about Scott Autrey and admitted my initial opinion about him was incorrect, I did so because others advised me as such on here. I was WRONG about him.. see it's easy to admit that.

Unfortunately, despite being shown you are completely wrong about Moran (no shame in that) you decide to go into rant mode, start making threats etc. There's no need, you love your speedway, so do the rest of us.. we all have certain memories of certain riders that influence who we think were better BUT what we have to do is sit back and actually look at the cold hard evidence, like I did with Autrey and accept our memories can play tricks.

Now have a sit down, read back through the thread at the difference between the two and you'll see why Ermolenko was the better rider.

Less ranting, more discussion Sid, you'll enjoy it more :)

Edited by BWitcher

And after being a wobbler at first Sam Ermolenko became a world champ,so I am not sure what your point was saying he was a wobbler at first

He won his title in a poor era,and dress it up as much as you like he averaged 4.25 is that right ?Per Jonsson had to beg to get a work permit fair play to Bob Radford for that though.

He won his title in a poor era,and dress it up as much as you like he averaged 4.25 is that right ?Per Jonsson had to beg to get a work permit fair play to Bob Radford for that though.

He averaged 4.25 in 4 meetings, 12 months after first ever getting on a bike.

More than Michael Lee managed to average from 5 meetings in 1991 in what you call a 'poor era'.

Edited by BWitcher

It doesn't matter what he averaged at first Sid.Some hit the ground running and others take time.I think it took Simmo quite a while before he got a good average.he steadily improved rather than burst onto the scene like Lee or Collins.Even one of my all time favourite riders,Tommy Jansson got quite a low average in his first season for Wembley.Not looked it up but I think it was under 3.......

Sidney, why do you always try to ruin interesting threads?

There has been a lot of sensible, civil discussion on this thread where a few of us have learned new things. I researched and learned more about Scott Autrey and admitted my initial opinion about him was incorrect, I did so because others advised me as such on here. I was WRONG about him.. see it's easy to admit that.

Unfortunately, despite being shown you are completely wrong about Moran (no shame in that) you decide to go into rant mode, start making threats etc. There's no need, you love your speedway, so do the rest of us.. we all have certain memories of certain riders that influence who we think were better BUT what we have to do is sit back and actually look at the cold hard evidence, like I did with Autrey and accept our memories can play tricks.

Now have a sit down, read back through the thread at the difference between the two and you'll see why Ermolenko was the better rider.

Less ranting, more discussion Sid, you'll enjoy it more :)

My god you NEVER admit you wrong,but i am happy you did say Lee had achieved more than your sudden Sam FAIR PLAY thanks for that as BLAKEY would say that has made my day that has!!

It doesn't matter what he averaged at first Sid.Some hit the ground running and others take time.I think it took Simmo quite a while before he got a good average.he steadily improved rather than burst onto the scene like Lee or Collins.Even one of my all time favourite riders,Tommy Jansson got quite a low average in his first season for Wembley.Not looked it up but I think it was under 3.......

Ermolenko hit the ground running more than most riders.. How many others were in a run-off for a World Title 3 years after first getting on a speedway bike and with only 12 months experience of racing in Europe?

• Like 1

He averaged 4.25 in 4 meetings, 12 months after first ever getting on a bike.

More than Michael Lee managed to average from 5 meetings in 1991 in what you call a 'poor era'.

Eleven years after he had been WC,GROW UP.

My god you NEVER admit you wrong,but i am happy you did say Lee had achieved more than your sudden Sam FAIR PLAY thanks for that as BLAKEY would say that has made my day that has!!

Where have I said Lee achieved more?

You've just made that up entirely. I didn't say it, quite simply because he didn't achieve more.

Where have I said Lee achieved more?

You've just made that up entirely. I didn't say it, quite simply because he didn't achieve more.

No you did THANKS have a check me old mucker!

Eleven years after he had been WC,GROW UP.

What's that got to do with it?

Sam was averaging 7.7 19 years after a run-off for the World Title.

He was beating Maciej Janowski and Darcy Ward 28 years after a run-off for the World Title, 20 years after he was World Champion and 8 years after he'd retired.

No you did THANKS have a check me old mucker!

Quote it.