British Speedway Forum

There are lots of things wrong with Speedway at present. The Play Offs I don't like but I can live with them. I still think they are very wrong and very unfair to the Team that actually wins the League.

Double Points I hate and detest - more unfairness. I get upset and angry every time the Black and White Helmet emerges from the Pits.

Question: Why should I pay good money to get myself upset watching what I consider Officially sanctioned cheating? I can't help it - that is the way I see it.

I don't like/agree with cheating - one of my principles - ergo I won't attend.

You may not agree with me - but - I hope you can understand where I am coming from Spin King.

Sadly your argument has no credence at all once you introduce fairness into the equation. You quite happily attended the sport for decades when a more UNFAIR system was used.

The tactical rule is now the FAIREST it has EVER been in the sports history.

Edited by BWitcher

Sadly your argument has no credence at all once you introduce fairness into the equation. You quite happily attended the sport for decades when a more UNFAIR system was used.

The tactical rule is now the FAIREST it has EVER been in the sports history.

why is the double fairer than the tac sub?

why is the double fairer than the tac sub?

Don't ask Colin - it really isn't worth it.

curious, I started goin in 71. never ever heard of anybody complain about the tac sub like I do this

mickey mouse rule

• Like 3

It's not even a debate WK.

The current tactical rule is fairer than any other tactical system the sport has had. There is no argument against that.

Now if you said you didn't like double pts because you thought it was cheapening the sport, you may have a case. However, when you claim it is unfair, you are wrong.

curious, I started goin in 71. never ever heard of anybody complain about the tac sub like I do this

mickey mouse rule

The claim from WK is that the rule is 'unfair'.

In the old days a team gets 6 pts ahead, away team can replace a weaker rider with a top guy to pull it back... home team works hard, gets 6 ahead again.. the away team can do it again! Then potentially a 3rd time..

The current system, a tactical can be used once, a team has to be 10pts behind to do it, the races in which they can do it are restricted.

It's quite simply the fairest it has ever been towards the winning team... which is what WK wants. He advocates fairness.

Now please note, I'm not saying it is 'better'. I preferred the old tac sub as most people do.. BUT the old tac sub was more unfair.

• Like 2

The current tactical rule is fairer than any other tactical system the sport has had. There is no argument against that.

Now if you said you didn't like double pts because you thought it was cheapening the sport, you may have a case. However, when you claim it is unfair, you are wrong.

No I'm not!!

Their should be NO Tactical Rides and NO Tactical Substitutes. Teams should stand or fall on the number of points they score on the Track. There should be no other amendments to Rules to fiddle closer Results.

NOW THAT WOULD BE FAIR!!

The claim from WK is that the rule is 'unfair'.

In the old days a team gets 6 pts ahead, away team can replace a weaker rider with a top guy to pull it back... home team works hard, gets 6 ahead again.. the away team can do it again! Then potentially a 3rd time..

The current system, a tactical can be used once, a team has to be 10pts behind to do it, the races in which they can do it are restricted.

It's quite simply the fairest it has ever been towards the winning team... which is what WK wants. He advocates fairness.

Now please note, I'm not saying it is 'better'. I preferred the old tac sub as most people do.. BUT the old tac sub was more unfair.

I have NEVER argued for that. (See my above Post).

No I'm not!!

Their should be NO Tactical Rides and NO Tactical Substitutes. Teams should stand or fall on the number of points they score on the Track. There should be no other amendments to Rules to fiddle closer Results.

NOW THAT WOULD BE FAIR!!

Apologies, that should have said when you claim it is MORE unfair.

Of course all tactical systems are unfair to the winning team... however, the fact remains we now have the least unfair system the sport has ever had. Strange that you choose to boycott the sport at this time.

Apologies, that should have said when you claim it is MORE unfair.

Of course all tactical systems are unfair to the winning team... however, the fact remains we now have the least unfair system the sport has ever had. Strange that you choose to boycott the sport at this time.

Even more unfair if the Winning Team loses because of it.

I ha boycotted the Sport as you put it for over two years now. I always hated Double Points, but I carried on for years getting upset and did nothing about it. I finally decided to make a stand on something I believe in.

So - why is it strange?

Even more unfair if the Winning Team loses because of it.

I ha boycotted the Sport as you put it for over two years now. I always hated Double Points, but I carried on for years getting upset and did nothing about it. I finally decided to make a stand on something I believe in.

So - why is it strange?

How many years were you attending speedway?

How many years were you attending speedway?

Over 50.

I watched from a club that rarely lost at home. (in those days). weekly heat 8 id see the big guns come in..i actually loved the tactical side of which a manager don't have to his disposal today. a manager also had a free hand with gates as well. but just because teams

could throw in the big guns, it didn't really make one ounce of difference. we still won huge amount of home games 51-27

or 48-30, very rarely had tight finishes, and if we did have a tight finish, it was only cos the opposing side were pretty decent..

this rule of 6pts for a win always feel like the joker on its a knockout!...has it done anything to enhance league speedway? if

you change a rule, then change it for the better

• Like 1

I watched from a club that rarely lost at home. (in those days). weekly heat 8 id see the big guns come in..i actually loved the tactical side of which a manager don't have to his disposal today. a manager also had a free hand with gates as well. but just because teams

could throw in the big guns, it didn't really make one ounce of difference. we still won huge amount of home games 51-27

or 48-30, very rarely had tight finishes, and if we did have a tight finish, it was only cos the opposing side were pretty decent..

this rule of 6pts for a win always feel like the joker on its a knockout!...has it done anything to enhance league speedway? if

you change a rule, then change it for the better

Precisely.

Over 50.

So you're most certainly not a man of principle who stood up for what you believed in then.

You spent the overwhelming majority of those years watching the sport with a far more unfair system than is in place now but didn't feel the need to boycott it.

So, basically you are boycotting the sport over a rule that has been made fairer.

if you change a rule, then change it for the better

I agree with all you say Colin, but the discussion is about fairness.

WK wants fairness.

The changes have made it fairer and he's abandoned the sport.

Over 50.

I do think if any paying customer in any walk of life is unhappy with the product, he has his/her right to abstain.

clearly TWK loves this sport, but this rule bugs him. for me I detest the rider sharing. its stupid, no other word for it.

absolutely crazy to represent 2 clubs...guesting is a separate issue..

mickey mouse rule

Maybe they never had the internet back then . in the old days nothing was unfair :D

Edited by orion