British Speedway Forum
Hamish McRaker

Any Takers For The Elite League?

You accept you don't know the financial arrangements and then go on to say it won't cover expenses.....you seem to contradict yourself !!

I don't know for sure because I've never seen exact figures, but you hear stories that the TV deal isn't as lucrative as you think and also the riders pay rates are much higher in the Elite League. But if anybody has the definitive answer of how much say a TV appearance is worth to a club and if it leads to better sponsorship deals I would be interested to hear it.

The one thing in this debate that is very evident is the financial element.

In Football the goal is to get to the top league to reap the monetary rewards.

In Speedway you appear to need to have money to compete in the top league.

There-in lies the problem, if a higher position in any of the leagues gave increasing prize money then the motivation would be there to constantly strive to improve and step up to the next level.

Given that Speedway is a declining sport in this Country with no money the product is never going to get any better!

Sponsorship and big sponsorship is the only answer and personally I don't see that ever happening.

Just be happy you have some Speedway to watch in whatever league your team is in, I'm more than happy with what I have in Ipswich, though it would new nice to win the odd major trophy every now and then!

Your silliest reply yet.

You are right - it is.

He isn't worth a proper Reply.

You are right - it is.

He isn't worth a proper Reply.

You asked a question, I answered it.

I attend the sport more than you do.. FACT.

I haven't boycotted it because a rule was made fairer.. FACT.

Not sure what else you want me to add? I thought you were all about honesty and the truth?

• Like 1