British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
keepturningleft

Speedway Legends Book

Another excellent book from the Chaplin/Summerville stable, except, that many of the the articles are merely reprints from Classic Speedway and Vintage speedway magazines.

I would imagine that the target audience for the book would be pretty much the same people who subscribe to Clasisc Speedway, therefore I am of the opinion that we have been slightly duped here.

There is nothing in the advertising blurb to inform potential buyers that many of the articles in the book are reprints (along with many photo repetitions), and this I believe should have been made crystal clear on the Amazon page at least.

If you have never bought a copy of Classic Speedway/Vintage speedway magazine, I couldn't recommend this, and the other books in the series highly enough.

I do/have, subscribed to those magazines however and have therefore seen most of these articles in the book.

Subsequently and sadly, I have packed the book up and sent it back to Amazon.