British Speedway Forum

2016 Fixtures

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note. The fixtures were released last year on 19th January.........

There's obviously a lot of head scratching over rider availability , as long as we get them before March

There's obviously a lot of head scratching over rider availability , as long as we get them before March

More than likely. I'd rather they took their time to help avoid the constant clashes and missing riders than rush them.

There's an increasing number of riders who ride both leagues these days so the problem is intensifying.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

So, with Scunthorpe's home PL fixture on 5th September versus Redcar, the day before Wolverhampton v Poole in the EL, listed as the latest official 2016 fixtures on the BSPA website, is this the earliest scheduled finish ever to a league season for the top two divisions?

(Appreciated that re-arrangements will subsequently take the season past these dates)

• 2 weeks later...

So when are we going to get dates for ELRC PLRC, British Final and semis, British under 21 and Premier Pairs. Would have assumed that promoters have left dates available for these dates, and tried to make sure riders are available.

Just a guess but I think the Premier League Pairs might be Friday July 8th at Somerset.

• Like 2

PLRC 11th Sept at Sheffield.......probably.

Final round of Polish Division 1 fixtures scheduled for 11th September which may rule out a few of the PL riders contracted to Polish League 1 clubs from that date, with currently only Gdansk not scheduled to ride that day.

(Polish League 1 play-off matches then scheduled for the next four Sundays up to 9th October)

I would hope that this years event would be held at the National Stadium (Belle Vue), It would be a shame not to use it now it's been built.

Stick with tradition , Sheffield is a great venue for the PLRC

• Like 3

Stick with tradition , Sheffield is a great venue for the PLRC

Fingers crossed mate. I'm just waiting for the date, so i can put a week off in at work as usual for that weekend :cheers:

• Like 1