Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

TheScotsman

Members
  • Posts

    5,847
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

TheScotsman last won the day on July 30 2017

TheScotsman had the most liked content!

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Flatlands of Norfolk on the trail of the lonesome pine.

Recent Profile Visitors

3,466 profile views

TheScotsman's Achievements

Enthusiast

Enthusiast (6/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

2.5k

Reputation

  1. So the blueprint would resolve the points I made earlier? e.g. - Guest riders everywhere - seriously? - Last minute match cancellations - seriously? - Match presentation - seriously? - Fixture planning (!!) - seriously? - Track preparation - seriously? - etc
  2. I'm sure many mean well. But do they have answers to the micky mouse levels of team speedway? - Guest riders everywhere - seriously? - Last minute match cancellations - seriously? - Match presentation - seriously? - Fixture planning (!!) - seriously? - Track preparation - seriously? - etc
  3. You BV posters keep trying to make out that speedway is a serious sport, especially "tier 1". Those days are long gone and have been for years.
  4. Indeed it has. The point (well 14 points actually) is documented in the records and history books. I assume Mitch has kept his better engine for Friday.
  5. Mitch rode a blinder when he was there a couple of weeks ago - 14 points with 4 wins. Didn't have a lot to beat mind but saw off Kerr, Cairns & the new hero.
  6. Since it's such a love in about having the British Final on telly, I must say I thought it was a bit of a bore. 3 hours plus was well dragged out. Lambert was always going to be head and shoulders above everyone else. It was pretty much him against a bunch of Championship standard riders - some of them reserve level. Maybe if the format had been cut down to 10 riders or so (and Lambert brought along for some exhibition rides!!) it might have been better. It was probably not a good event for a live tv relaunch. Maybe should have kept that for a League Riders Championship or something. And there didn't seem be much pushing of the sport, i.e. regular (?!) league speedway across the country etc. And I didn't hear much about the bikes - 500cc / no brakes / no gears on a loose shale surface. But there was a bit of random stuff like - changing setups and changing coils. And there was just no atmosphere at all. So If I was new to the sport (as opposed to someone who started watching decades ago but gave up attending 8 or 9 years ago, even though I have a track about half an hour drive away) I don't think I would be bursting a gut to watch another one or try to find somewhere to watch it live.
  7. Of course they would. And not have paid him for any of his 9 points on the night. And made him walk home. What about all the other home riders who got passed on the 2nd bend? Who's the knobhead?
  8. As usual expect Johnny Kidd's boys to plunder the points.
  9. How often does Kyle Newman last a whole season?
  10. My prediction? It'll be Baltic!! May the best home team win.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy