British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Live Bands At Speedway Meetings

The match went ahead, Rebels won 48-30. The original staging date of 14th April was rained off.

Yes sadly I went to the original rained off date (well set off but turned back when heard it was off..) but didn't make the restaging... :-(

Now on this topic (which cunningly could be why I raised it in the first place!!!), gig-going fans can combine Speedway with rock music in a unique 'double header' at Central Park in Sittingbourne on Good Friday (March 25th.)..

The SLYDE Kings' match vs. Eastbourne Eagles (start time 6.30pm) in the Good Friday Chase (itself a part of a 'double' of matches that day, the first leg being at Arlington at mid-day..) is followed by, not one but TWO live bands in the main Grandstand large bar after the action.

The bands are Mean 'n My Lady and The Grimms.

It's free for the bands for those who've been at the Speedway!

Full details on the Kent Speedway website.

Apparently the Wild Angels were Gene Vincent's backing band on his tour of the UK in 1969.

I've now found a link to the LP cover I mentioned above - evidence of a band being present at a speedway track, if not playing live at a meeting.

https://www.discogs.com/Wild-Angels-Live-At-The-Revolution/master/575009.

There was a band photographed at Rye House in 69 or 70 - and I suspect this is them. . .

There was a band photographed at Rye House in 69 or 70 - and I suspect this is them. . .

Yes my late brother in law had this album and I always loved it and especially the cover!

But surely that's Arlington rather than a pre-league Rye House?

Yes my late brother in law had this album and I always loved it and especially the cover!

But surely that's Arlington rather than a pre-league Rye House?

I dont remember the 'grandstand' in the background at RH - but I do remember clearly a band coming and having that type of photo taken. Course they might have had a session at Arlington as well...

I thought there was something about this Wild Angels cover that seemed a bit...off. Take a closer look at the crowd. Granted it looks like a warm afternoon but do you see any sign of team colours on display? Any programme boards being held? Strange.

Is there any case to be made for the Weir Stadium at Rayleigh? Edit: no there isn't now that I've had another look :D

Edited by daveallan81