British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

Fours Festival Weekend

I agree. It's very good value

• Like 1

So far so good but what about the camping weekend prices? I can't see anything about this anywhere. Does that include caravans and motor homes - ie: Truckfest etc. We used to be able to book to arrive Friday stay till Monday so is this going to be the same.

Seems to be a good idea, it is a shame they do not do the same with the SWC and run the semi and final on the same weekend. Fans can attend individual meetings or spend a whole weekend being with and enjoying festivities with other speedway fans. Just hope the weather is good.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Must admit it does seem for once they've priced something very sensibly!

It makes the event very supportable and it should be a good crowd on both days, weather permitting of course.

So in conclusion

1 Good race track

2 Decent location

3 Reasonable Speedway pricing

4 Overpriced food outlets

Only real downside being that Peterborough get a free pass to the final, totally wrong and will take solace that if they win it will be a very hollow victory having not had to qualify!

• Like 3

Must admit it does seem for once they've priced something very sensibly!

It makes the event very supportable and it should be a good crowd on both days, weather permitting of course.

So in conclusion

1 Good race track

2 Decent location

3 Reasonable Speedway pricing

4 Overpriced food outlets

Only real downside being that Peterborough get a free pass to the final, totally wrong and will take solace that if they win it will be a very hollow victory having not had to qualify!

Like 1966 you mean ? :wink:

• Like 3

So far so good but what about the camping weekend prices? I can't see anything about this anywhere. Does that include caravans and motor homes - ie: Truckfest etc. We used to be able to book to arrive Friday stay till Monday so is this going to be the same.

£10 a night but hook costs a bit more. No one can complain about these prices.

Entertainment is £5 a head.

Edited by marky

£10 a night but hook costs a bit more. No one can complain about these prices.

Entertainment is £5 a head.

Can you share a link please to this information as I seem to have missed it - don't do Twitter by the way is that the source? Thanks.

Can you share a link please to this information as I seem to have missed it - don't do Twitter by the way is that the source? Thanks.

You shouldn't have to be on Twitter to access the majority of Twitter feeds. For example, to access the SpeedwayGB feed just drop this into your browser:

https://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB

They also have access to their Tweets on the web-site: http://www.speedwaygb.co/homepage

Hope this helps.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

Like 1966 you mean ? :wink:

Definitely, I don't agree with free passes to finals in any sporting events.

Edited by Super Blue

So £45 for entry, Saturday night entertainment and camping correct? If so, you can't really fault that and even as an EL snob who lives 180 miles away I'm seriously tempted. Stop at Coventry on the way on the Friday for Bees/Aces too.

I wonder if they'll try and avoid a clash with the SWC meeting (or at least too big a clash) so we can try and watch that, somehow!

So £45 for entry, Saturday night entertainment and camping correct? If so, you can't really fault that and even as an EL snob who lives 180 miles away I'm seriously tempted. Stop at Coventry on the way on the Friday for Bees/Aces too.

I wonder if they'll try and avoid a clash with the SWC meeting (or at least too big a clash) so we can try and watch that, somehow!

Maybe a big screen to show the SWC would work.

• Like 2