British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

Fours Festival Weekend

Come on now , you shouldn't expect to much from him , not sure if he's still taking the medication . but it looks as if he could do with another bucketful.

He may seem to post some crap but he sure knows how to reel people in easily.

more garbage from the son of gob !

• Like 1

It's Speedway, so Peterborough replace Plymouth on Saturday. The top team in each group qualify for the final on Sunday + one wildcard team. If Peterborough top their group the wild card entry goes to the highest scoring second team, If Peterborough don't top their group they become the wildcard entry.

Should be the 3 group winners plus highest scoring runners up, No need for wild card entry . what's the point of Peterborough fighting for a place in the final on Saturday knowing if they don't qualify they will still be in the final on sunday

But this is Speedway, The BSPA by using the "wildcard" option can have "a get out of jail card". If Peterborough win their group, they qualify on merit, If Peterborough finish as highest scoring second place team, again the BSPA can say they chose Peterborough(as the wildcard) on merit as the second highest scorers. But if Peterborough don't win their Group or finish as highest scoring second placed team, they still have the option to put Peterborough in the final as the Wildcard, all done in the "Best Interests of the sport"

If they announce that the Top 3 + Plus highest scoring Second place team qualify for the final, there's the risk of the home team not being in the final, and the perceived loss of income from not having the home team in the final.

I personally don't think the crowd for Sunday's events, would be significantly affected if Peterborough didn't make the finals, but it's a risk I don't think the BSPA would be willing to take.

• Like 1

Surely most people will buy the weekend tickets so I don't see the crowd being any lower even if panthers bomb out

But this is Speedway, The BSPA by using the "wildcard" option can have "a get out of jail card". If Peterborough win their group, they qualify on merit, If Peterborough finish as highest scoring second place team, again the BSPA can say they chose Peterborough(as the wildcard) on merit as the second highest scorers. But if Peterborough don't win their Group or finish as highest scoring second placed team, they still have the option to put Peterborough in the final as the Wildcard, all done in the "Best Interests of the sport"

If they announce that the Top 3 + Plus highest scoring Second place team qualify for the final, there's the risk of the home team not being in the final, and the perceived loss of income from not having the home team in the final.

I personally don't think the crowd for Sunday's events, would be significantly affected if Peterborough didn't make the finals, but it's a risk I don't think the BSPA would be willing to take.

There should not be any argument about it , 3 group winners +best runner up to final otherwise the whole competition would be a waste of time and a joke , lets give all the teams a fair chance and an equal chance .

• Like 4