British Speedway Forum
Sings4Speedway

Fours Festival Weekend

Won't be there, hope it runs smoothly or it will take forever and that there's two nice dry days. £45 or £50 for two days I think.

They have to keep admission prices sensible not to think about any big financial profit returns and accept they may have to run at a loss on the initial year and the B.S.P.A. should be prepared to bankroll any losses suffered. It's a fine line between success and failure and a small loss on the first year business wise I would consider a success. FROM SMALL ACORNS TALL OAKS WILL GROW Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 2

Even with the extra racing I think £50 for two days speedway, at PL level, is a bit steep. At least you`ve put some kind of figure on what could be expected to be the admission price, all we need now is the BSPA to do the same.

many times the catchphrase "speedway is a £10 sport" has been qouted on here.

£50 for the 2 days would effectively be that in this case. Given the status of the meeting as well it doesnt seem unreasonable to me

• Like 1

Must be a good reason why they haven't announced admission prices

maybe just waiting to see what kind off demand there is for it,,, I hope anyone that has booked hotels/camping etc. have ticked the 'don't stay, don't pay' option, like me :)

I've seen people have already booked hotel rooms at £100 a night. On top of £50 a head for admission that's an expensive weekend

• Like 1

That's probably peanuts to some people Shads. Unfortuately I'm not one of those.

The main body of supporters are just ordinary hard working people who do not earn mega bucks and when pricing this event it should be taken into account.

I was thinking about 20 quid for each day. Any more than that when you then add in two programmes and two lots of parking plus travel to Peterborough twice as that would be cheaper than me staying anywhere. Add all that up and I think that's probably out of my price range. Maybe they should price it including programme and parking.

There will only be the one programme surely. They won't know who is there on the second day until after the Saturday, so the second programme would just be blank race pages, as they won't be able to print the second programme with all the riders filled in, in time.

• Like 1

Instead of moaning about the cost, why don't people start saving?

Put away a measly sum of £40 away per month and you'll be ready to go.

Say no to the night out at the bingo, I put away £800 per month.

That's probably peanuts to some people Shads. Unfortuately I'm not one of those.

We're only 70 odd miles away, but that's a 300 mile round trip for both days plus admission for the missus and me. I ain't bleedin camping, that's for tramps. This for a meeting my team doesn't have a hope in hell of winning or even qualifying for the final. Doubtless my Berwick supporting missus will want to go. She'd turn up to the opening of a letter if she knew the Bandits would be there.

Add to that one of us will have to stay sober for the drive home!

Instead of moaning about the cost, why don't people start saving?

Put away a measly sum of £40 away per month and you'll be ready to go.

Say no to the night out at the bingo, I put away £800 per month.

You probably still live with mum & dad and don't have to find £500+ a month for the mortgage plus other living costs. If I had the choice of saving for 2 days of speedway, or putting it towards a week on a sun soaked foreign beach, the holiday wins every time. Many people live on the edge, just making do. Your assumption that everyone has spare cash to save is naive Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

Shads,,,

thats a bit harsh saying that 'camping is for tramps',,, you could get a hotel room with breakfast for £50, that means ye can both get p!ssed on Saturday, and 1 of ye can on Sunday :)

Edited by ruffdiamond

I've seen people have already booked hotel rooms at £100 a night. On top of £50 a head for admission that's an expensive weekend

I have done Cardiff on less than £100 a head for accommodation and tickets..................

We're only 70 odd miles away, but that's a 300 mile round trip for both days plus admission for the missus and me. I ain't bleedin camping, that's for tramps. This for a meeting my team doesn't have a hope in hell of winning or even qualifying for the final. Doubtless my Berwick supporting missus will want to go. She'd turn up to the opening of a letter if she knew the Bandits would be there.

Don't knock camping......................we took (alibi it is the vehicle the company him indoors works supply him with) a small motorhome to Cardiff last year and it cost us £40 for two nights with electric included................there were a few riders (spectators obviously) camping at the site we stayed at too...............have also done camping in a tent at different events I have been to (not all speedway related) and had a great time so don't rule it out............

RP

Peterborough nightlife is pretty good, Edwards and Flares are the two main places I would go.

If you're feeling really saucy then make sure you visit the red room in Edwards, all hell breaks loose in there!

and now you have a lifestyle of a king ..