British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

Could It Be The Gp Race Of The Year

Could it?

Fantastic race, close racing for 4 laps from all four riders. Just wish Matei Zagar could consistently race at this level all through the year. He's a clean rider that deserves a world championship and he aint going to get a team of pairs medal so its got to be the individual.

www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4696/sgp-gold-matejs-gorzow-magic

if the link doesn't work go to speedwaygp.com, its todays highlight.

Hey Joe...that's a good one! I don't remember a better final last year and had to watch it twice tonight and might have one more look. I agree Zagar is a clean rider and a favorite of mine.

This is only my second post so I will kind of introduce myself. I live in a village in New York State US with a population of 5,000. (Please don't judge us all negatively by Trumps popularity) I'm new to speedway in the last two years and truly love the sport. Hoping to come to Europe this summer for the world cup. Is it realistic to try and make all four events....do many people do it?

Thanks for listening....

Hi New Yorker, and welcome to the forum.

During the 2015 GP year there have been many very good races but that one with Zagar, Woffinden, Hancock and Zmarzlik is really good.

Re your visit, I would imagine doing all four events is feasible, don't know if many do it. Go to Denmark for the Sunday qualifier, then to Sweden for the Tuesday qualifier to see the US team. If Greg Hancock is on form they should qualify for the final qualifier at Belle Vue Manchester on the Friday night, and stay in Manchester for the final Saturday. The Belle Vue track is brand new - not been raced on yet and is looking good.

This link should show you the old Belle Vue track (last season was 2015) in the foreground. The new track is just a few hundred yards above it, and top of the picture and slightly to the right is a large vehicle auction site where the famous Hyde Road stadium was. On that page is a link to other (better) photos of the new track. Enjoy

Sorry, I tried to post a link but it wont show. Do a search for....... New Belle Vue National Speedway Stadium ..... should throw up something of interest.

Joe

Please don't judge us all negatively by Trumps popularity

Hi New Yorker

Haha - When meeting people for the first time the UK, a friend of mine from USA, would introduce himself by saying "I didn't vote for George W. Bush"

Thanks for the information Joe. I will have to think this through before I come of course. And hello Falcon Hammer....it was VERY TOUGH being an American during the Bush years! Then a doink like Trump comes along and all you can do is scratch your head.

This might seem unbelievable to you guys (and ladies) across the Atlantic but I don't know one person that follows speedway. The vast majority haven't heard of it. Hancock is from the other side of the country about 3000 miles away. I watch it only on YouTube because I only have basic cable.

My favorite riders: GP Iverson....a class act Polish leagues....Janusz Kolodziej would I be wrong thinking he might finish top eight in the GP if he rode like he did at the end of last year? And in the SWC of course Emil.

I would have thought Kolodziej might have been an obvious replacement for Hample in the SWC if he was on the team.

Thanks for the information Joe. I will have to think this through before I come of course. And hello Falcon Hammer....it was VERY TOUGH being an American during the Bush years! Then a doink like Trump comes along and all you can do is scratch your head.

This might seem unbelievable to you guys (and ladies) across the Atlantic but I don't know one person that follows speedway. The vast majority haven't heard of it. Hancock is from the other side of the country about 3000 miles away. I watch it only on YouTube because I only have basic cable.

My favorite riders: GP Iverson....a class act Polish leagues....Janusz Kolodziej would I be wrong thinking he might finish top eight in the GP if he rode like he did at the end of last year? And in the SWC of course Emil.

I would have thought Kolodziej might have been an obvious replacement for Hample in the SWC if he was on the team.

Just curious NYer......................how have you got in to speedway?

It's truthfully quite a minority sport here in the UK but with a higher profile in Scandinavian and in Poland.

As you've indicated yourself the profile is pretty non existent in the US so how have you came across it?

All I really know is that this is the scariest speedway race I've ever watched! I had up to this point got 7 out of 8 head to head bets right and needed Woffy to beat Zmarzlik to win £12,500. I nearly had a heart attack when all 4 were within 2 foot on bend 2 of lap 3!

Best Speedway GP race? Probably not. One of the top 10, easily. Can I watch it over and over? Yes I can!

Hey Joe...that's a good one! I don't remember a better final last year and had to watch it twice tonight and might have one more look. I agree Zagar is a clean rider and a favorite of mine.

This is only my second post so I will kind of introduce myself. I live in a village in New York State US with a population of 5,000. (Please don't judge us all negatively by Trumps popularity) I'm new to speedway in the last two years and truly love the sport. Hoping to come to Europe this summer for the world cup. Is it realistic to try and make all four events....do many people do it?

Thanks for listening....

I assume you see your Speedway at Owego, NY?

Just curious NYer......................how have you got in to speedway?

It's truthfully quite a minority sport here in the UK but with a higher profile in Scandinavian and in Poland.

As you've indicated yourself the profile is pretty non existent in the US so how have you came across it?

Hello Joseq7......Nice to hear from you. I was just watching something on youtube and speedway just happened to pop up. I started watching highlight videos and individual races and soon sorted out the GP series the leagues and also the Speedway European Championships. I watch all the GPs sometimes the next day but the Australlian final was on youtube that same evening for me.

Still trying to understand the equipment and wonder if there is any talk of tightening up the racing through the equipment. As you probably would agree there is nothing more exciting than a close speedway race but one with no passing is a yawner.

I assume you see your Speedway at Owego, NY?

Hello andout......My initial reaction to your post was that I was going to tell you that they race super modified stock cars at Owego. BUT I thought I better consult Google......They have a speedway track there also called Champion Speedway!! I still want to come to Europe this summer for the world cup but that speedway track is only about an hour and a half from me and will deffinately go there this Spring. That kinda shows how sometimes things are right under nose and......somehow I thought speedway was only on our other coast. Thanks for enlightening this unenlightened American!

Hi New Yorker

I too googled Owego speedway and was very suprised to find it actually was speedway as I love. i imagined it was going to be small car racing, but no! it was motorcycle speedway as we have in the UK.

You drag yourself to Europe this summer, and bring some of those riders with you.

Joe