British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barncooseboy

Bring Back Castrol R

Maybe you bumped into a fencer and it reminds you of her perfume

Hope he treated her well.

• Like 1

I have been using second hand castrol R in my mower for years , i use it my strimmer and hedge trimmer as well . my mrs said to me your'e a bit obsessive mowing the lawn . I said I dont think I am , she says yes you are ,mowing the lawn 5 times a day is obsessive in anyones book !!

I'll bet you go round the lawn 4 times anticlockwise too

Edited by ancient mariner
  • Like 1

I'll bet you go round the lawn 4 times anticlockwise too

When pi##ed he ties the mower to a stake in the centre of the lawn and by hanging on and going round in ever decreasing circles, anticlockwise, manages to cut the whole lawn, sometimes before falling over.

When my son was about 4 and had his first Bike a little technomoto .I suggested to my wife remodelling the garden . I drew a plan with an oval raised border and a nice wide shale path round the outside . the plan was looking like getting approved by her indoors , until the boy saw the drawing and blurted out , Mum dad's building me a speedway track !!

• Like 5

When my son was about 4 and had his first Bike a little technomoto .I suggested to my wife remodelling the garden . I drew a plan with an oval raised border and a nice wide shale path round the outside . the plan was looking like getting approved by her indoors , until the boy saw the drawing and blurted out , Mum dad's building me a speedway track !!

Had you been successful, the story may have hit the silver screen! 'Field Of Dreams' comes to mind!

We use Castrol / Morris R in my son's Jawa and GM on Grasstrack, and in my Pre-75 Jap however it doesn't smell the same to me as back in the 70s. Maybe we build up a tolerance to the smell over the years ? Or as we get older does our sense of smell deteriorate like eyesight and hearing ? :lol:

and bladder retention .

• Like 2

Not sure what you mean. Up until their demise, Rayleigh riders were mainly using 2 valve Jawas, apart from dear old Terry Stone and all the riders used castor based oil. The non use of castor based oil is a relatively recent thing, possibly started by Gary Havelock who I think was sponsored by Mobile to use synthetic oil. I even think there is a synthetic oil which offers a castor oil smell. For me it is an important part of speedway enjoyment, but then I would be considered an old f4rt!

Nothing wrong with us old farts :lol:

and bladder retention .

I wish my sense of smell had gone when Apu downstairs cooks his god-awful curries :cry:

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with us old farts :lol:

I wish my sense of smell had gone when Apu downstairs cooks his god-awful curries :cry:

i'm with you on curries mate. britains favourite dish or not . i refuse to eat anything that looks like it's already travelled through someone's digestive tract.

• Like 5

My son has always used castrol R and still does , when his engines go for service theres very little sign of wear , and no sign whatsoever of clogging . the oil gets thinner as it gets hot . and when it is replaced after 5 races its almost as clean as when it went in . the reason why some riders are using synthetic is the cost , with Castrol R now £15 a litre its an expensive game . Jawas need 500 ml for max 7 races £1.15 a race . Gms have 800ml capacity but still need to be chucked after 7 races , so thats nearer £2 a race .part of the reason for the lack of smell even when an engine is running Castrol R , is that modern engines have much better piston rign to Bore clearance , so all the oil gets scraped back down the bore to recycle . old japs had poor tiolerance so quite a bit of oil remained in bore and got burned . even a fully restored jap or jawa will smoke like a kipper and that smoke is the sweet smell of burning castor

He won't be using it this season though 😉

Could have held the WC there, Team GB doing a spot of bonding- round for a barbeque, Rosco living in your spare bedroom.

Could have held the WC there, Team GB doing a spot of bonding- round for a barbeque, Rosco living in your spare bedroom.

I did have the whole of team Viking round more than once

He won't be using it this season though

Well he might If you buy it for him . come to think of it , I better save some of the used stuff for the mower and strimmer ,before he uses it in the chain oiler .