British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sayfutdinov On Sgp -" I'll Be Back"

What does it matter if Tai had a lead over Emil at the time of Emil's accident?.

F!...a few GP's ago Rosberg led Hamilton by 43 points. Now Hamilton is leading.

All sport has its ebbs and flows but I am sticking to my belief that Emil would have won had he remained injury free.

• Like 1

What does it matter if Tai had a lead over Emil at the time of Emil's accident?.

All sport has its ebbs and flows but I am sticking to my belief that Emil would have won had he remained injury free.

What does it matter? Well it's a discussion point. Rather than just "my belief", if you don't like it maybe don't post on a "discussion forum" :oops:

That really does seem to be a rather OTT response to some reasonable discussion/debate.

My point was if you take Emil injury away you have to take Woffys and that means Emil would have probably only been able to drop about 3-4 points a GP in the last 3 GPs. Thats a lot, for anyone!

Edited by SCB

These points are so right do you think Lee and Carter could of won a title? the old saying is though you can only beat what is put in front of you on a given day and hope the luck is with you.Emil if he is determined he could still do it at the week end he showed he still has the class so fast when he hit the front..How many people thought Crump/ Gollob maybe would not win a title but they did they stuck at it but this is where Tai has a massive advantage the first title to win for me is the hardest.

Carter could certainly have won at Bradford in 85 had he qualified. Would have needed some luck with the draw, as gate 1 was a huge advantage pre interval.

Lee - could have achieved anything had he not gone off the rails. 83/84 he was as good as any rider in the world, albeit not as consistent as hans, but for sure could have been a threat til late 90s if he was focused.

Tai - a few seasons back people would have laughed if you'd said he would have two titles in the bag before emil or Darcy won one, now he's well on the way to title 3 and will almost certainly be regarded as the greatest ever British rider.

Emil - I really hope he rejoins the series and wins a title, what a waste otherwise. as naturally talented as any rider since Lee.

Emil really does need to win a individual world championship. He surely doesn't want to go down in history as another Russian that nearly won a world championship. Plechanov nearly did it, Chlinovsky almost did, Emil nearly has.... but to be the first of your nation must be a big prize.

What does it matter? Well it's a discussion point. Rather than just "my belief", if you don't like it maybe don't post on a "discussion forum" :oops:

That really does seem to be a rather OTT response to some reasonable discussion/debate.

My point was if you take Emil injury away you have to take Woffys and that means Emil would have probably only been able to drop about 3-4 points a GP in the last 3 GPs. Thats a lot, for anyone!

Well...pardon me all over the place :shock:

Seriously though I meant no offence, but I thought expressing a point of view was what this forum was about :cheers: .

It matters because of the momentum.

Emil had a sizeable lead, however as it began to reduce he was beginning to feel the pressure till eventually Tai overhauled him.

The momentum was all with Tai, even with him losing quite a few pts from the crash at Cardiff as SCB has explained.

These points are so right do you think Lee and Carter could of won a title?

Lee did. In fact he won two if you count longtrack titles.

taken from Sppedway GP website

Russian racer Emil Sayfutdinov has insisted he wants to make an FIM Speedway Grand Prix comeback, but admits he has work to do first.

The former world No.3 is still widely regarded as one of the sports top stars and spearheads Russias challenge in tonights Monster Energy FIM Speedway World Cup Race Off.

Russia arrive in Manchester at full strength with brothers Grigorii and Artem Laguta in the pits and available for selection tonight.

Sayfutdinov, who scored 18 points in Event 1 at Vojens on Saturday, will be a major threat to Denmark, Australia and USAs hopes of joining Great Britain, Poland and Sweden in tomorrows Final at the National Speedway Stadium.

The Salavat-born star hasnt appeared in the individual World Championship since 2013. But another big performance in tonights Race Off will only strengthen calls for him to return, and Sayfutdinov insists hed still love to get back into the SGP big-time.

He said: I want to do it and I want to be back. But I need to have everything around me and we will see. First of all, I need to keep winning and after the World Cup we will see.

There are many things I need to organise. For sure, I need to get some new sponsors, but we will see. I dont want to speak yet because I dont know what the situation would be with wild cards. We will see.