British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barraider

Rye House Vs Plymouth Sat 19th March 7pm

Looking forward to seeing how the Gjedde goes in this one!

I make Plymouth favourites for this one. Potentially strong top three, will probably out score our top trio. Reserves will be key, need Morley to be on top of his game as I get the feeling he'll be carrying Karger this year.

Really want ben too do well this year, nice lad and cracking attitude. Really needs a good year at pl level imo, if he's going to progress.

• Like 1

Think this should run out a close home win. Kennett should go near a max and the reserves should run riot at home. Rye has never been a happy hunting ground for Nielsen and i feel Perks may be out of his depth?

I think the Rye 2-5 are a little under-rated and should all put in 6-8 every week and deliver the consistency recent Rockets teams have lacked.

Excited to see how Gjedde goes though along with Kurtz & Holder Jnrs.

Really want ben too do well this year, nice lad and cracking attitude. Really needs a good year at pl level imo, if he's going to progress.

On paper (NL average) he is the best of the PL number seven riders this year. Has had a fair few goes at the PL, has to make it stick this year and I hope he does, would've benefitted from having an established name in the number six slot next to him though.

Think this should run out a close home win. Kennett should go near a max and the reserves should run riot at home. Rye has never been a happy hunting ground for Nielsen and i feel Perks may be out of his depth?

I think the Rye 2-5 are a little under-rated and should all put in 6-8 every week and deliver the consistency recent Rockets teams have lacked.

Excited to see how Gjedde goes though along with Kurtz & Holder Jnrs.

Nielsen isn't too bad at Rye, tends to lose a lot of points due to bike troubles. Of course he wasn't in the best of form during his short time as a Rocket but he should be the reserve in the meeting picking up the most points. Looking for one of the second string riders to step up and be a real second heat leader this year, we're going to have some long nights if this doesn't happen IMO, one poor performance in the main body and a misfiring reserve and we could be on the wrong end of some hefty defeats home and away.

Excited to see how Gjedde goes.

On tonight's evidence I wouldn't be

Charlie won't trouble Rye tomorrow unless he has a dramatic change overnight. He seemed low on confidence and think it will be a few meetings before he finds some form.

Charlie won't trouble Rye tomorrow unless he has a dramatic change overnight. He seemed low on confidence and think it will be a few meetings before he finds some form.

The four Rockets in the Lakeside meeting hardly covered themselves in glory either. I wasn't there, so can only go by the updates. It's very early in the season, so they've hardly had any laps, let alone competitively. It'll take a few meetings until they're up to speed.

Edited by Shads

I take your point Shads.A bit early to judge riders form atm.

However 2 points concern me re Charlie last night. Had his front wheel in the air more often than normal.Barely getting it down before the pit gate each race.

Seems very low on confidence. Never looked likely to challenge for a 2nd place in his races. Also constantly looking over his left shoulder for the guy behind him.

Totally accept he needs a few meetings to dial in after his lay off.

Impossible to call this. Plymouth look to have a decent side but if the Rye top five perform as we know they should then then that could well be enough. Big meeting and big season for Ben Morley now back at home but Peter Karger is the real concern for me. Apart from who his Dad is i know little about him but i hope he gets off to a good start.Interesting to see what the track is like as it was very dusty at practice even with only one rider on the track.

Lots of positives to take away from tonight. The revamping of the stadium seems to be going well.

The presentation has stepped up a notch with a proper parade and rider introduction.

Also good to see the team led by Peter Schroeck walking around the track to thank the fans after the meeting.

The new toilets are a vast improvement with hot water. If only there were more of them.

On the track it was business as usual for Edward, with solid back up from Leigh Lanham & Cameron Heeps. Ben Morley did all that was expected of him, but the Danish lads had a disappointing evening.

Robbo was the star of the night banging in a 5 ride maximum. I didn't know he could gate!

All in all a successful evening for the new promotion. Good to see a decent crowd in even though it was bitterly cold

Edited by Shads
  • Like 5

Welcome back Robbo great performance.

Well done to all the boys tonight.

• Like 2

Agree , a promising start to the season, well done to Robbo and all the team. Fingers and feet still numb !

Good to see the track improvements taking shape, sure there were teething problems (starting tapes) but I feel confident things will come together.

• Like 1

No speakers (or seats) in the PermaTemp stand was a bit of a (temporary) pain but at least we've got lights in there now.