British Speedway Forum

I will certainly not be going on Friday. I will let them run a few meetings before attending again with my readmission ticket. Why is everyone getting so upset and mentioning refunds. Full details were in the programme and on the back of the ticket.

Why is everyone getting so upset and mentioning refunds. Full details were in the programme and on the back of the ticket.

Because fans can gracefully accept a postponement or abandonment if it had rained or there had been a series of crashes leading to lengthy delays or ambulance issues.

Different story entirely when a superstar meeting in a shiny new stadium has been hyped up for many months, encouraging spectators to travel from much further afield than your forum-name suggests, only to be postponed in farcical circumstances a few minutes after it was supposed to have started because of track conditions the home promotion have since had the nerve (or abject stupidity) to admit weren't raceable.

Do you understand now why plenty of folk who spent hundreds of pounds as a family or car-load to attend on Saturday remain so upset at having their time, fuel, food/drink and hotel bills wasted even if they'll eventually get a refund or another meeting for their admission ticket ? !! ... good, if you do ... hopelessly narrow-minded in your own world if you don't !!

It's happened hundreds of time before and if the sport keeps going will happen hundreds of times again.

It's happened hundreds of time before and if the sport keeps going will happen hundreds of times again.

Even by the ostrich-headed standards of many folk too near the sharp end of speedway, that wretchedly lazy attitude takes some beating.

It shows no evidence of having learnt anything much from the first time it happened before, never mind the 100th, 200th or umpteen hundredth time it's already happened before.

Equally, it shows no willingness to learn from past clangers to reduce the risk of them happening again in the future.

It simply trundles along, hand-in-hand with that other cop-out of shrugging your shoulders amid the chaos and proudly declaring "that's speedway".

• Like 1

APPARENTLY track curator Colin Meredith is happy with the track now and that a full practice will be held tomorrow and he is confident it will be okay for Friday.

When you watched the four practice sessions did you honestly think the track was unraceable?

Doesn't really matter what I thought because both a rider (Chris Harris) and one of the clowns who was promoting the meeting (Dave Gordon) have both declared publicly that it wasn't raceable ... and it's those quotes that will matter in any eventual settling of the blame.

For my part, it was awkward enough to wonder whether it could really cope with being raced upon rather than just used for warm-up laps.

If they don't run a full meeting test before this they are asking for trouble. If it goes ahead on Friday there will be unforseen issues with things they haven't fully tested.

Edited by damosuzuki

I don't know how successful you have been in the past when claiming compensation from abandoned speedway meetings but asking for compensation from the same person you are referring to as a clown might not be that clever.

I haven't mentioned at any stage that I'm looking to claim compensation so you've got that end of the stick wrong.

What I do know is that I'll think very very carefully before ever devoting any of my time, fuel or food/drink costs, never mind any admission money into Belle Vue's coffers while either David Gordon or his fellow clown Chris Morton remain in charge.

What do you want then?

Firstly, more respect for the general public from those two clowns for the frustrations they've already caused.

Secondly, any single shred of evidence from either of them that they'll really learn from this clanger (or any of their previous ones) to avoid plunging into another humdinger in the future.

Both those requests won't cost them a single penny in cash ... all they cost is some humility and effort to improve on their currently gormless standards and they're perfectly achievable but only if there's a willingness to do so.

Edited by arthur cross
  • Like 1

Did the moisture come up to the surface overnight after the two riders practiced on it Friday, if they said it was OK, something happened between then and Saturday night ......

Did the moisture come up to the surface overnight after the two riders practiced on it Friday, if they said it was OK, something happened between then and Saturday night ......

In the past we've been told track work is a fine art and it takes weeks if not months to lay a track. BV tried to do it in a week, that went wrong so they tried to do it in less than a week again. BV need to stop rushing, take there time and if it takes 4 weeks then it takes 4 weeks. Better than having a messed up track.

Without going through the whole thread to pick the quotes out individually, a few on here have blamed the riders for "not wanting to give it a go."

Two words that might help you work out why the riders were unwilling to race on the track for you.....

Darcy Ward.

Just a thought, of course.

• Like 2

Without going through the whole thread to pick the quotes out individually, a few on here have blamed the riders for "not wanting to give it a go."

Two words that might help you work out why the riders were unwilling to race on the track for you.....

Darcy Ward.

Just a thought, of course.

think eyes will be on the riders now, once they do a gp on a "dodgy" surface

think eyes will be on the riders now, once they do a gp on a "dodgy" surface

Depends if they are advised to call off that GP by the FIM, but try to go ahead with it anyway.

• Like 2

I would have thought they'd have run a few low profile meetings to ensure everything was in order then held the Grand Opening. It was the logical common sense thing to do, as such you reap what you sow.

Leicester started with a low profile challenge against sheffield . sold out 5000 crowd . when you are opening a new track theres no such thing as a low profile start , of the 6000. who turned up at BV . at least 5000 would have attended just to be there on the first night . the Mistake by BV management was to try and provide a 1st class lineup , becuase if they had not had that their would have been no rider revolt . lesser riders would just have got on with it .,

• Like 4