British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Plymouth Remain Open!

Who do we thank for this wonderful news?

Are there people from the rump of the old promotion still involved, or is the new consortium formed by new people?

The BSPA's help is being praised -- which is good to see, they get too much blame for other stuff, often outwith their control -- but what exactly have they done to bring the Devils back to the tapes?

Fantastic news for speedway and I really hope Plymouth can attract some good sponsors as well as a solid fanbase.

You know it annoys me when fans harp on about RIP British Speedway just because they say there team isn't good or there Elite League team is weaker than a Polish league top team.

This is what it really comes down to and I hope the fans of other clubs don't forget it.

• Like 2

Many congratulations to all at Plymouth Speedway at the success of keeping the club running!

Track closures are always bad news for sport and its a relief that the Devils can continue to ride in 2016.

Fantastic effort by the fans and those organising the fund raising efforts. :cheers:

• Like 1

Yeh just been reading it on our site. That is wonderful news, not just for our Kyle but everybody. But they really do need to push the boat out to attract fans in.. But it is now in the fans hands. And when it comes to riders, stick to a ceiling.

Seriously, do you think anyone will take any notice of what you say?

You advise them to push the boat out, but stick to a ceiling..........how does that work Einstein? :party:

Quite simple push the boat out to attract fans.Nothing to do with overspend on riders wages

Certain clubs seem to be able to cut their cloth accordingly whereas others can't help themselves and blindly go after on track success regardless of the longterm consequences.

Edinburgh are a prime example.

Nobody can question their record when it comes to gathering silverware in the modern era with five league championships since the new millennium.

However, how many times have Harkess & Campbell been out with the begging bowl? Is the the thought of not being top dog too much for them to bear?

They are incredibly lucky to have such a loyal support who have dug deep on numerous occasions - they even have a fans trust now who are doing some fantastic work in the background.

I hope things at Plymouth improve but the cost base for PL clubs nowadays suggest that crowds of 400/500 are going to be nowhere near enough to sustain racing at that level.

• Like 1

Really pleased to see Plymouth are continuing.

I was told on Thursday at Sheffield that things looked promising re Plymouth.

Last year I took a friend who had no been to Plymouth to see Plymouth v Berwick as this was the only Friday that I could get there.

Super meeting with excellent racing from both sides.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

Certain clubs seem to be able to cut their cloth accordingly whereas others can't help themselves and blindly go after on track success regardless of the longterm consequences.

Edinburgh are a prime example.

Nobody can question their record when it comes to gathering silverware in the modern era with five league championships since the new millennium.

However, how many times have Harkess & Campbell been out with the begging bowl? Is the the thought of not being top dog too much for them to bear?

They are incredibly lucky to have such a loyal support who have dug deep on numerous occasions - they even have a fans trust now who are doing some fantastic work in the background.

I hope things at Plymouth improve but the cost base for PL clubs nowadays suggest that crowds of 400/500 are going to be nowhere near enough to sustain racing at that level.

Somerset are certainly able to 'cut their cloth accordingly' as you put it as they have been pretty successful in recent years but have remained a very stable operation.

Somerset are certainly able to 'cut their cloth accordingly' as you put it as they have been pretty successful in recent years but have remained a very stable operation.

It helps if you/your family own the land though.

• Like 4

Friday's planned 4TT meeting has been postponed.

Great news Plymouth remain open, I now hope the people of the city really get behind the club so it can move forward. It really is a case of support your local club or lose it. Im looking forward to a visit down there later in the year.

• Like 2

good news on plymouth staying open...

i am planning a visit there next friday.. back to where i spent a lot of time defending the un-defendable haha