British Speedway Forum
SCB

No Woffinden....

what it boils down to is he dont want to ride at scunny or glasgow on a sunday ,i have thought for a long time he dont give a toss about british speedway since he made it big,have often wondered what i would do if i was a boss of a big company and he came asking for sponsorship looking the way he does i would chase him right out the door .cant wait to hear mr pearsons take on it on sky just hope he wipes the brown stuff off his lips after talking to tai ..

• Like 1

Talking of a pile of poo ..first of all he only British because it suits him and the doors that is had opened lets made that clear ..the moment he no longer needs us he turns his back on uk speedway just when it needs him more than ever

Ermmmmm I will try and explain this as simply as I can for you...here goes, HE IS BRITISH BECAUSE HE WAS BORN IN BRITAIN.

Are it explain it to you as simply as I can ,just because you were born somewhere does not mean that you represent them at sport etc I could give you a endless list of sportsman who do not represent the nation they were born ...Using your logic Chris Froome must be a Kenyan

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Talking of a pile of poo ..first of all he only British because it suits him and the doors that is had opened lets made that clear ..the moment he no longer needs us he turns his back on uk speedway just when it needs him more than ever

Ermmmmm I will try and explain this as simply as I can for you...here goes, HE IS BRITISH BECAUSE HE WAS BORN IN BRITAIN.

And as far as I'm aware it's up to everyone to make there own decisions on how they run there live's/sporting careers, tai has for wotever reason decided against competing in the British Final,which has wotever anyone wants to say, lost its appeal. Then it's totally up to him.

agree with every word of that..BUT theres some dodgy comments coming out today from the woffy family on "two" twitter accounts

that's showing a piece of arrogance imo. the earlier comment of "done more in 3 yrs than anyone will in the next 10"..(that's an incentive for young rob lambet if I ever seen one..PLUS "hes done more for british speedway than anybody in the last 15 yrs"..

Cant deny hes successful, but is speedway here in a better state than 15 yrs ago? really? lowest crowd levels in my lifetime (I'm 48), to my knowledge he has nothing to do with the national stadium, if he walked down any road in the uk who would recognise him?

lets not go overboard here..i have always praised him when I believed he deserved it, but I simply cant believe 1 day of

devotion to the UK is much to ask for. Agree with BW and others about a lot they say, I think he could be the first 7 time world champ, and in all honesty "if" the brits won the world cup who would complain? just think hes lost a bit of respect today (it wont bother him, nor should it), but I'm just one person who wont purchase another £25 piece of clothing from his merchandise now

Are it explain it to you as simply I can just because you were born somewhere does not mean that you represent them at sport etc I could give you a endless list of sportsman who do not represent the nation they were born ...

as I quoted on another page.....jesus was born in a stable, it doesn't make him a horse!

Are it explain it to you as simply I can just because you were born somewhere does not mean that you represent them at sport etc I could give you a endless list of sportsman who do not represent the nation they were born ...

Yes your right, but tai has chosen to show allegiance to the country he was born in and yet you are saying he's not even British. I quote " he's only British cos it suits him" no he's only British cos he was born here ffs which bit of that do you not understand.
  • Like 1

We do not all know that. Post something which proves it. Good luck!

Have a look at the last Gp and what he choose to sing ...there you go ..no luck needed

Yes your right, but tai has chosen to show allegiance to the country he was born in and yet you are saying he's not even British. I quote " he's only British cos it suits him" no he's only British cos he was born here ffs which bit of that do you not understand.

So as I said do you think Chris Froome is a Kenyan ? I never said Woffy was not British I said he has choose to do so at Sport because it suited him but at heart he is a Aussie

Edited by orion

i personally think woffy imo loves riding for GB. i think he adores Australia, which is fine, i love new york, but on

this part of the discussion, i have no gripes with his nationality......just gutted bout todays decision!

• Like 1

Have a look at the last Gp and what he choose to sing ...there you go ..no luck needed

So as I said do you think Chris Froome is a Kenyan ?

The one where he won the World Championship? Yep he sung the Aussie national anthem :rofl:

WTF has Chris Froome got to do with Tai? Nothing.

i personally think woffy imo loves riding for GB. i think he adores Australia, which is fine, i love new york, but on

this part of the discussion, i have no gripes with his nationality......just gutted bout todays decision!

Pretty good post fella.

As I said in a previous post, I am saddened by this move on Tai's part.

I also have to say how uncomfortable I am with his ebay auctioning of medals.

It is entirely his decision of course.

And BWitcher may be right in his thinking that ANYTHING that moves him closer to a third World Championship is acceptable.

I'm just not so sure at all.

But, among others, selling his Garry Stead Benefit medal for profit.

Just seems grossly misjudged.

No doubt Pearson will come out with a Press Release to offer absolution.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Andy Murray - British when he's winning on English soil - Scottish at all other times.

Tai Woffinden - British at all times. Fin.

• Like 1

As I said in a previous post, I am saddened by this move on Tai's part.

I also have to say how uncomfortable I am with his ebay auctioning of medals.

It is entirely his decision of course.

And BWithcer may be right in his thinking that ANYTHING that moves him closer to a third World Championship is acceptable.

I'm just not so sure at all.

But, among others, selling his Garry Stead Benefit medal for profit.

Just seems grossly misjudged.

No doubt Pearson will come out with a Press Release to offer absolution.

agree bout the medals, shame they couldn't go to a speedway museum

He only chose to be a brit because he wasnt good enough for the aussie side at the time.

• Like 1

He only chose to be a brit because he wasnt good enough for the aussie side at the time.

Add to that the wildcard sponsors etc .

After living out here in aus tho, i dont blame him for taking preferance to aus over the uk 😁

Tai Woffinden chose to align himself to Britain for one reason, and one reason only. He wanted to ride at international level, if he had chosen to take the Austrailan Citizenship route, he would not have got that opportunity, he would have been way down the pecking order to get into the Aussie team, and would have had an equally poor chance of getting into to GP's as an Aussie, there were just to many good Aussie riders at that time.... He chose Britain, purely because we were woeful at the time, and had a far far better set of opportunities with The UK.. He's not the only sportsman that has chosen a flag for convenience, he won't be the last. He just doesn't do a very good job of disguising his loyalties when it comes to where he really wants to be.. I don't buy the burn-out story, that's just a load of old twaddle.. Why didn't he just say he didn't want to race in the British Final, because it would hamper his application for Australian Citizenship.. At least we would of known.. And before you harp on about the SWC, if his application for Aussie Citizenship wascgoing well, he may well have pulled out of that as well and have been picked to represent Australia!!

• Like 3