British Speedway Forum
SCB

No Woffinden....

Of course Tal chose to be British rather than Aussie because it was easier to get into the GB team....

Everyone know his natural talent would never have got him in the Aussie team as they are so good and even now after two world titles he would stuggle to get a place I am sure....

Are you really serious in that statement.

There were only 2 of the Aussie team in the gp's last year, the best 2 they had (after the sad departure of DW) and he thrashed both of them.

Edited by Joe Hatton
  • Like 1

Tai said he is giving it a miss this year, he never said he is never going to do the final again, he wants to become a 3rd time world champion ..for me its the timing of the semis.....he cant do the semis as its gp week so maybe feels he shouldtn be seeded into the final, which i believe is also a gp week,If he was seeded straight through then all you Tai haters would feed on the fact of "why?. he didnt do the semis.. give it to some one who rode in them"

To me Tai cant win whatever he does...

No. British speedway should be saying he's never doing the British final again !!.

No. British speedway should be saying he's never doing the British final again !!.

Why?

They didn't tell Peter Collins he couldn't ride again.

They didn't tell Mark Loram he couldn't ride again.

Why?

They didn't tell Peter Collins he couldn't ride again.

They didn't tell Mark Loram he couldn't ride again.

Peter Collins (1977) was seeded directly thru' to the inter-Continental Final (by-passing the British Final stage of the World Championship qualifying system) by the then authorities. A totally different scenario.

• Like 2

Peter Collins (1977) was seeded directly thru' to the inter-Continental Final (by-passing the British Final stage of the World Championship qualifying system) by the then authorities. A totally different scenario.

Tai Woffinden is already in the Grand Prix, therefore doesn't need to ride in the British qualifying rounds, nor does he need to earn a wild card for the British GP.

Exactly the same situation.

Tai Woffinden is already in the Grand Prix, therefore doesn't need to ride in the British qualifying rounds, nor does he need to earn a wild card for the British GP.

Exactly the same situation.

The British Final was once one step along a long qualifying system to reach the then World Final. Riders had to take part in it to stand any chance making the big night. The British authorities took the unprecedented decision to seed Peter thu' to the Inter-Continental Final. It wasn't Peter's decision but one he obviously was very happy to accept. Tai's decision not to compete is purely down to himself (whatever his personal reasons maybe) The circumstances regarding the World Championship are very different now to what it once was.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

I don't follow the Grand Prix so am not familiar with the qualification system. Are you therefore saying that a British rider is required to ride in the British Final to stand a chance qualifying for the next year's GP series if not already in it?

To be honest I'm not 100% sure anymore, they seem to change it from year to year.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Peter Collins skipped the British Final the moment he didn't 'need' to ride in it. No different from what Tai is doing now.

No Chris Froome isn't a Kenyan because he was born to British parents, just as Tai Woffinden was.

Your ignorance of the matter really is childlike.

Woffinden didn't and doesn't qualify to race for Australia. There was no choice involved.

As for showing some allegiance to Australia, that is 100% natural as he spent the majority of his childhood there and considers it 'home'.

Maybe I am wrong but I am sure if Chris Froome as was born in Kenya would be allowed to represent them if he choose to do so ..hence in sporting terms he would be classed as Kenyan ..so no ignorance at all .

As for child like your Sticking up for anything Tai just because he rode for Wolves is akin to a 13 year old girl and hence why anything you say on subject is not important

Maybe I am wrong but I am sure if Chris Froome as was born in Kenya would be allowed to represent them if he choose to do so ..hence in sporting terms he would be classed as Kenyan ..so no ignorance at all .

As for child like your Sticking up for anything Tai just because he rode for Wolves is akin to a 13 year old girl and hence why anything you say on subject is not important

Woffinden wasn't eligible for Australia.

It's that simple.

That is where your childlike ignorance comes in. You've been told this many times, I've no doubt you actually know this, but prefer to ignore it to try and score points.

Anyway, I hope the posts keep coming in from yourself and others abusing Woffinden for this decision as you are effectively abusing Peter Collins as well, you can't have one without the other... unless of course the real reason is nothing at all to do with being upset he is missing the British Final but purely a xenophobic hatred because Woffinden has the country he spent his childhood in close to his heart.

As for your references to Wolves.. the keyword there is 'rode'.. he doesn't anymore, he's left Wolves in the lurch so why that would make me show allegiance to him is beyond me. If a rider is worthy of criticising, I'll criticise them, regardless of whom they rode for, Wolves riders are no exception.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

To be honest I'm not 100% sure anymore, they seem to change it from year to year.

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Peter Collins skipped the British Final the moment he didn't 'need' to ride in it. No different from what Tai is doing now.

Apologies but I made an edit in between posts!

Apologies but I made an edit in between posts!

I've seen it and it confirms my point.

the best thing would be to put him on ignore along with all the halfwits who cannot debate their argument without the need for abuse of anyone who doesn't agree with them

Oh, the irony.

• Like 3

If the country's overall abilities speedway wise were reversed, IE the UK had a plethora of GP quality riders, but little domestic speedway and Australia were in the doldrums speedway wise, lots of opportunities, but nobody to step into those opportunities, would Tai, as he was living in Australia at the time, May well have gone for Aussie Citizenship, to quickly progress to the GP circus..... And left the UK well alone...

Tell me if you think that scenario is in the realms of fantasy or not...?

Surely that, in itself, indicates that winning the British title isn't as significant as some people are trying to make us believe.

The reason for the seeding would, presumably, have been to give a British rider a better chance of being World Champion.

The thinking is not so different really.

• Like 1

If the country's overall abilities speedway wise were reversed, IE the UK had a plethora of GP quality riders, but little domestic speedway and Australia were in the doldrums speedway wise, lots of opportunities, but nobody to step into those opportunities, would Tai, as he was living in Australia at the time, May well have gone for Aussie Citizenship, to quickly progress to the GP circus..... And left the UK well alone...

Tell me if you think that scenario is in the realms of fantasy or not...?

Spot on... I remember at the time no one knowing would he ride for the GB or Aus ...it was quite clear that he could have got Aussie citizenship and gone that path