British Speedway Forum
SCB

No Woffinden....

Tai has ridden for GB since 2010 (I think) and I'd imagine been our top scorer in all but a couple of those SWC's. He's ridden his nuts of while representing GB and that to me means more than him missing the BF this year. I'm a huge Scotty Nicholls fan and actually sponsored him for a season but let's not kid ourselves, he never rode for Team GB for all those years because he wanted a weeks holiday rather than riding for a team he knew had zero chance of winning. Tai, Middlo and others publicly asked him to return and he had no interest. Now it's on his home track, we have a decent chance of getting on the podium he fancies it again? Come on people...

Another thing people should realize, is when Tai turns up to represent GB he's prepared. You never hear him complaining of not being 'dialed in' or 'used to European tracks' or not got their 'set up right' any other crap excuse we've had to listen to for over a decade. For all their bulldog spirit, I've had enough of Bomber (and I think hes a legend by the way) etc being ill prepared yet again for big meetings, trailing half a lap behind race after race... Even the Latvians and Yanks have put up better shows than us in recent times, it's embarrassing.

Yes it's a shame Tai's not going to be in the BF this year but that's the way modern sport is these days. No different from top players not playing in the FA Cup. Once such a highly regarded competition now way down the list of a premier league clubs priorities. It's a shame and I think he's should be seeded through to the final, but I can't say I really blame him.

• Like 6

Rosco should now announce tai will Not be picked for team GB for the sake of British speedway.

If he doesn't then he should resign as no rider is bigger than the country they are representing and if a rider turns down the British final he should be left out of the national team.

He's already announced that he's not getting involved with arguments but will pick the best riders available for Team Gb as we are there to win, not just make up the numbers.

Edited by grachan

Tai has ridden for GB since 2010 (I think) and I'd imagine been our top scorer in all but a couple of those SWC's. He's ridden his nuts of while representing GB and that to me means more than him missing the BF this year. I'm a huge Scotty Nicholls fan and actually sponsored him for a season but let's not kid ourselves, he never rode for Team GB for all those years because he wanted a weeks holiday rather than riding for a team he knew had zero chance of winning. Tai, Middlo and others publicly asked him to return and he had no interest. Now it's on his home track, we have a decent chance of getting on the podium he fancies it again? Come on people...

Another thing people should realize, is when Tai turns up to represent GB he's prepared. You never hear him complaining of not being 'dialed in' or 'used to European tracks' or not got their 'set up right' any other crap excuse we've had to listen to for over a decade. For all their bulldog spirit, I've had enough of Bomber (and I think hes a legend by the way) etc being ill prepared yet again for big meetings, trailing half a lap behind race after race... Even the Latvians and Yanks have put up better shows than us in recent times, it's embarrassing.

Yes it's a shame Tai's not going to be in the BF this year but that's the way modern sport is these days. No different from top players not playing in the FA Cup. Once such a highly regarded competition now way down the list of a premier league clubs priorities. It's a shame and I think he's should be seeded through to the final, but I can't say I really blame him.

Oh so he hasnt ridden in world cups to raise his profile and further his career then? He has done it for the greater good of British Speedway has he? Just typical of another rider getting ideas above his station but we shouldnt really be surprised

I've not laughed so much in a long time reading this thread. Some of the posts are just ridiculous!

Get a grip people, Tai has other priorities this year namely his third World Championship.

Riding in our national INDIVIDUAL event is not the same as representing TEAM GB at the SWC. It's his personal choice not to do it. What has the British Final got to do with the SWC? Bugger all that's what.

Tai has repeatedly stated he's proud to represent Britain, he year on year talks about how he's looking forward to representing Britain and never once has he commented that he would like to ride for Australia so FFS stop banging on about him being an Aussie!

Tai was born here to British parents but was brought up in Aus. so has an understandable (by grown up people) strong affection for Australia, and THAT IS IT. Good grief.

What a load of mother hubbard! He has managed ok to win two world titles as well as competing in the British final which is only regarded as an 'individual' meeting by the likes of snobs like you! It is THE BRITISH FINAL which leads to a British CHAMPION being declared clearly fans of clubs like yours have there heads way too high in the clouds to acknowledge that and that is the reason the competition is regarded in such a joke manner these days..all about attitude and im afraid Tai is showing a poor and misjudged one on this at the moment but he's ok he has enough of a brown nose army to worry about what others think

Maybe he finally going admit he's an Aussie ...let's hope so .

As Scott Nichols stated at the beginning of last season, an English world champion with an Australian flag tattooed on his back, he now dosent need domestic speedway, I wont miss him.

• Like 1

I see all of the "Little Englanders" are out in force. Get over yourselves. Meanwhile, in the real world, most folk recognise that the British Final is shat, its been shat for years, and Woffinden being there or not doesn't make it any more or less shat. The funny thing is that most of the hypocrites will be there waving their little British flags when he wins races at the WTC later this year, he will suddenly become British again if he scores points to get us onto the podium.

• Like 5

Was wondering when the silly little Englander tag was going to come out, Woffinden is world champion and as such should promote the sport in this country at a time when speedway needs all the publicity it can get. He benefited massively thanks to British speedway going back to his NL days through to being world champion. First he turns his back on the league, then the national championship, I now wouldn't pick him for the national side, much prefer to go with up coming riders who have that real passion for GB. As for workload if speedway is too taxing he cab always get a real job in the real world. Another thing as a world champion and ambassador for the sport his image takes the sport back to pre Ivan Mauger days, he looks a mess.

• Like 5

I see all of the "Little Englanders" are out in force. Get over yourselves. Meanwhile, in the real world, most folk recognise that the British Final is shat, its been shat for years, and Woffinden being there or not doesn't make it any more or less shat. The funny thing is that most of the hypocrites will be there waving their little British flags when he wins races at the WTC later this year, he will suddenly become British again if he scores points to get us onto the podium.

Why do you think the British final is 'shat'?

Rosco should now announce tai will Not be picked for team GB for the sake of British speedway.

If he doesn't then he should resign as no rider is bigger than the country they are representing and if a rider turns down the British final he should be left out of the national team.

Comedy post of 2016 so far! Congratulations :t:

• Like 2

Oh so he hasnt ridden in world cups to raise his profile and further his career then? He has done it for the greater good of British Speedway has he? Just typical of another rider getting ideas above his station but we shouldnt really be surprised

He didn't just ride to raise his profile. He rode out of his skin. Dislike him as much as you want but you cannot knock his effort when representing GB.

• Like 2

What a load of mother hubbard! He has managed ok to win two world titles as well as competing in the British final which is only regarded as an 'individual' meeting by the likes of snobs like you! It is THE BRITISH FINAL which leads to a British CHAMPION being declared clearly fans of clubs like yours have there heads way too high in the clouds to acknowledge that and that is the reason the competition is regarded in such a joke manner these days..all about attitude and im afraid Tai is showing a poor and misjudged one on this at the moment but he's ok he has enough of a brown nose army to worry about what others think

So if the British Title isn't an INDIVIDUAL event (not meeting), what is it???

Snobs like me? WTF are you banging on about? I support Poole so I'm a snob? What a crock of crap!

I think it's you talking mother hubbard HS!

He didn't just ride to raise his profile. He rode out of his skin. Dislike him as much as you want but you cannot knock his effort when representing GB.

Woffinden doesn't represent anybody but himself

• Like 1

Have a look at what he did in 2014 as world champion and get back to me.

• Like 1

Have a look at what he did in 2014 as world champion and get back to me.

no need to . like i said represents nobody but himself , if your'e too dim to see that. tough

Oh yea Im the one with the blinkers on hahahaha