British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Horror Crash On Sunday-they Both Walked Away

So to confirm, I'm a speedway rider I have an engine failure. Rather than pulling onto the centre green I should roll around on the racing line, possibly even come to a stop on the racing line. That's all fine then? If someone hits me they're excluded?

So what if a rider is right behind me and I just shut off? Who's fault?

Your not likely to shut of for no reason are you. That happened so quickly and under the letter of the ref Dudek should have been excluded for causing the stoppage.

Got to love starman. Thats two folk hes argued with now that agree that dudek should be excluded.

• Like 1

Your not likely to shut of for no reason are you. That happened so quickly and under the letter of the ref Dudek should have been excluded for causing the stoppage.

You see, I'm a bit of a prick. So if shutting off and having someone tun into me gets them excluded I'm going to do it! Call it team riding if you like.

Got to love starman. Thats two folk hes argued with now that agree that dudek should be excluded.

I don't think he realises yet that Kildemand was excluded and Dudek was allowed in the re-run.

You see, I'm a bit of a prick. So if shutting off and having someone tun into me gets them excluded I'm going to do it! Call it team riding if you like.

But you couldn't guarantee that riders behind you would run into you as Kildemand did (both NKI and KK avoided Dudek in this instance), so if you did shut off when in front and they avoided you, then you would certainly look a pr1ck - or more of a pr1ck than you already were for shutting off deliberately.

I think this is one of those situations where common sense should prevail.

For example, we've all seen scenarios where a rider has hit a rut mid-bend and lost control but managed to regain it and stay upright. However, the loss of control has caused someone behind to lay the bike down or take evasive action where they've come off the bike. Technically the rider behind has caused the stoppage by parting company with his bike, but common sense tells you that the primary cause was the rider in front who lost control and he should be excluded. I think most people would accept and agree with that.

Therefore, in this case I think Dudek should have gone as his EF was the primary cause of the stoppage regardless of the sequence of events that followed.

• Like 1

Is this debate still rumbling on???

Dudek had an engine failure. The primary cause of the stoppage was his engine failure its not rocket science. The secondary cause was Kildemand being unsighted and hitting him.

By the way some people are talking is that if you get an engine failure you just cruise round on the racing line hoping someone smacks into you. Then the person that smacks into you is excluded and you can get in the re-run!!

Im sure some people dont actually watch the sport or have no idea.

someone having an engine failure does not cause a race to be stopped,

someone crashing into someone else because they are not aware of what is happening in front of them does stop a race.

the fact that dudek was clearly signalling from the exit of bend 4 and trying to keep out of the way shows kildemand was not aware or looking, he is a reckless rider at the best of times imo, he even moved over more to the right which made it worse, and you can see him lift his head at the last second. pk rightly excluded.

you need to understand the sport a bit more then if you believe that the engine failure wasnt the PRIMARY cause of the stoppage.

just answer me one question. Who should have been excluded if the rider in 2nd hit Dudek as he was closer?

Understand the term primary cause of the stoppage and then you will understand why Kildemand shouldnt have been excluded.

Of course Kildemand wasnt aware he couldnt see!! He pulled out to get a faster line into the bend or do you simply think he intentionally raced into another rider at full speed???

I also believe Kildemand can be reckless but that has no bearing on this incident!

If Dudek didnt have an engine failure would the race have been stopped?? No, so therefore his engine failure led to the stoppage thus making him the primary cause

Im sure some people dont actually watch the sport or have no idea.

Indeed there are and you're evidently at the front of that particular queue.

• Like 2

Indeed there are and you're evidently at the front of that particular queue.

Obviously i am.

read the thread buddy far more people think Kildemands exclusion was wrong then dont. Others are merely sit on the fence.

Tell me in you own words what the term ' primary cause of the stoppage' means.

Once you have done that then please explain how the primary cause was Kildemand hitting Dudek

Thank You in advance

• Like 1

How the hell can anybody say that Kildemand should have seen him? He has another rider directly between him and Dudek and is strangely looking left past the rider in front not right as that's the direction you turn on a Speedway track.

Personally having been run into by men on motorcycles many times over the years I wouldn't be keen to shut off and hope it happened again as a racing tactic. It could bloody hurt!

Of course the cause of the stoppage is Dudek's engine failure, if it hadn't happened there would have been nothing there for Kildemand to run into.

• Like 2

How the hell can anybody say that Kildemand should have seen him? He has another rider directly between him and Dudek and is strangely looking left past the rider in front not right as that's the direction you turn on a Speedway track.

Personally having been run into by men on motorcycles many times over the years I wouldn't be keen to shut off and hope it happened again as a racing tactic. It could bloody hurt!

Of course the cause of the stoppage is Dudek's engine failure, if it hadn't happened there would have been nothing there for Kildemand to run into.

100% spot on

Cant understand peoples line of thinking, or they simply dont know what primary cause of the stoppage means

Like Star Lady say's Kildemand morally isn't at fault,but technically is

IMO No, Dudek slows and impedes all the field, 2 change line to avoid him, the guy at the back who has the least view doesn't see him till the last second.

The raising of the hand is purely etiquette unless written into the rules in the last 10 years, there's nothing to stop him rejoining the race if the bike restarts unless the rider infringes any other track rules, ie leaves the track, impedes another rider, is lapped etc

IMO No, Dudek slows and impedes all the field, 2 change line to avoid him, the guy at the back who has the least view doesn't see him till the last second.

The raising of the hand is purely etiquette unless written into the rules in the last 10 years, there's nothing to stop him rejoining the race if the bike restarts unless the rider infringes any other track rules, ie leaves the track, impedes another rider, is lapped etc

Spot on, and this is an important point everyone is missing. The other two riders BOTH have to take evasive actions, if you impede another rider you run the risk of being excluded. As it happened, all three riders were impeded, with one of them dramatically so.

100% Dudeks fault.

Is this debate still rumbling on???

Chris4gillian and you are so alike it's amazing :D in fact almost like the same poster .

Hahahahah 5 pages on a referee decision in Poland!!!! Hey BTW. Shouldn't Jerzy Szczackiel have been excluded for that rolling start in the 1973 World Final runoff with Mauger?

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Hahahahah 5 pages on a referee decision in Poland!!!! Hey BTW. Shouldn't Jerzy Szczackiel have been excluded for that rolling start in the 1973 World Final runoff with Mauger?

Hahaha! Posting on a thread you seemingly have no interest in!