British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

Many on here see Robert Lambert as the next superstar but I have not seen much to show thats the case. Hope I am wrong.

I can see what you mean by that. To me and I've said it in the past that I think Robert is a carbon copy of Chris Harris. Can't gate for toffee and it will hold him back.

When Wroclaw were in town, young Pole Drabik is a similar age and a mile ahead in development.

• Like 1

but its so very easy for a reserve like newman to get into the top 5 , a few scores of 8/9 which he will do this year with his goggles off will get him there....newmans average was in the reserve berth last year was around the 8 point mark, so you can see its easy gettin there as all of poole 1-5 wont average over 8 ...the problem is staying there as when newman goes up his scores with no doubt drop and the rider that went down to reserve will then be getting 10/11 or so and go straight back up , meaning newman could yoyo all season ...thats not progression its just the way the rules work out this year....

Newman will be a heatleader in 3 or 4 meetings time. How much will that push him? While Garrity gets the easy pickings at second string!

I can see what you mean by that. To me and I've said it in the past that I think Robert is a carbon copy of Chris Harris. Can't gate for toffee and it will hold him back.

When Wroclaw were in town, young Pole Drabik is a similar age and a mile ahead in development.

Lamberts progress makes Harris look pathetic. Harris averages were 4.24, 7.26 (all from reserve) and then 7.5 before making the jump to 9.3. He had still not raced EL at that point (guest bookings aside), it was another 2 season before he averaged about 6.5 in the EL (mainly from reserve) and it took until he was 22 to become an EL heat leader. Lambert, in an admittedly weaker EL has done it at 17!

You're right about his gating but if he doesn't exceed everything Harris has then what a massive failure based on his progress to date. Not that what a rider is doing at 16/17/18 is a real guide as to how a rider will end up - look at Risager!

Can u explain his PL form Shovlar?

It's a strange one, he should really be averaging 8 like Garrity in the PL.

Newman will be a heatleader in 3 or 4 meetings time. How much will that push him? While Garrity gets the easy pickings at second string!

Lamberts progress makes Harris look pathetic. Harris averages were 4.24, 7.26 (all from reserve) and then 7.5 before making the jump to 9.3. He had still not raced EL at that point (guest bookings aside), it was another 2 season before he averaged about 6.5 in the EL (mainly from reserve) and it took until he was 22 to become an EL heat leader. Lambert, in an admittedly weaker EL has done it at 17!

You're right about his gating but if he doesn't exceed everything Harris has then what a massive failure based on his progress to date. Not that what a rider is doing at 16/17/18 is a real guide as to how a rider will end up - look at Risager!

newman a heatleader..... only on paper from beating draft riders , that is not a true reflection, he will be on a fake high average and poole total average would be well over 50 from starting the season at 39....thats just the way the rules are this season ,a few of the draft riders will have higher averages than there ability due to the draft system....that doesnt suddenly make them heat leaders....

as for how much will it push him, i dont think it will push him at all.....he wont suddenly become a better rider overnight just because he has been beating fellow draft riders for 3/4 weeks and moved up on a ridiculously high average due to him only beating draft riders.....

• Like 1

So in your book he can't win! He beat Swiderski and Lawson from the back. Riders of much more experience. But he should be beating them with ease? Surely thats a sign of a rider improving? What has he got to do to show he is improving, win the British Final, get the Cardiff Wildcard and go through the card to win the British GP?

He is no second coming but is capable in the future of being a good second string or third heat leader. Many on here see Robert Lambert as the next superstar but I have not seen much to show thats the case. Hope I am wrong.

When Newman moves up he will take scalps. He will abeat riders like MadsK, Morris, Garrity, Swiderski, Josh G, Frike, King etc.

You should be cheering on any young determined Brit regardless of who he rides for. I even wish Garrity to improve (except when he rides against us)

Newman is extremely determined and when I spoke to him pre season he was disappointed with his form last year and saw 2016 as a big year for him. It seems to me and many on here you are hoping he will fail so you can say, "I told you so". And thats no way to support local home grown riders.

Leave him alone Steve, the boy is totally deluded, you know his hate for anything Poole. Doesn't matter what you say, if you say its black he will say its white. Thats the way he is. Quite sad really.

And i would ignore mr moan clearly he has issues with Poole as well. I hear they are both going on a long vacation together permanantly, so they don't get caught up in the crossfire when we win the league again in October.., Don't forget your medications boys..

Edited by Starman2006

So in your book he can't win! He beat Swiderski and Lawson from the back. Riders of much more experience. But he should be beating them with ease? Surely thats a sign of a rider improving? What has he got to do to show he is improving, win the British Final, get the Cardiff Wildcard and go through the card to win the British GP?

He is no second coming but is capable in the future of being a good second string or third heat leader. Many on here see Robert Lambert as the next superstar but I have not seen much to show thats the case. Hope I am wrong.

When Newman moves up he will take scalps. He will abeat riders like MadsK, Morris, Garrity, Swiderski, Josh G, Frike, King etc.

You should be cheering on any young determined Brit regardless of who he rides for. I even wish Garrity to improve (except when he rides against us)

Newman is extremely determined and when I spoke to him pre season he was disappointed with his form last year and saw 2016 as a big year for him. It seems to me and many on here you are hoping he will fail so you can say, "I told you so". And thats no way to support local home grown riders.

i don't hope Kyle Newman fails in his quest to become a better rider at all. We all want to see Brits progress. I just don't think all the hysteria about him scoring heavily from reserve is justified he is pretty much doing what he should be for his age and the amount of time he has ridden in the Poole team at reserve. He is progressing but slowly. Let's see him make British Finals and then judge him.

Leave him alone Steve, the boy is totally deluded, you know his hate for anything Poole. Doesn't matter what you say, if you say its black he will say its white. Thats the way he is. Quite sad really.

And i would ignore mr moan clearly he has issues with Poole as well. I hear they are both going on a long vacation together permanantly, so they don't get caught up in the crossfire when we win the league again in October.., Don't forget your medications boys..

keep it quiet you moron it's called having a discussion and has nothing to do with anti poole, go back to being a grown up paperboy and let the adults chat

Can u explain his PL form Shovlar?

Not sure anyone can with a great deal of certainity; some riders just perform better in one league than another for all sorts of varying reasons. Poole do also have a history of getting the best out of a rider points wise.

If you ignore all the good riders Newman beats and the points he scores he is actually crap if you really think about it.

• Like 1

If you ignore all the good riders Newman beats and the points he scores he is actually crap if you really think about it.

Okay.......

That makes no sense!

Ambition and progress is not asking for something and being given it. It's wanting something and working for it, which is what Kyle is doing. Hes trying to get into the 1-5 with a team of very good riders. Meanwhile Garrity has been given the place but has 3 worse riders than him in the team so is not likely to be in reserve. Doesn't make him better than Newman, just better than the other riders in the Bees team - others, weaker riders who are in the Bees team because Garrity wouldn't start in reserve.

Jason has no proven anything or earned anything. And staying in the 1-5 of the Bees team will be nothing special, he'll just be staying ahead of two PL second strings. Meanwhile for Kyle to do it, with his lack of ambition, he has to get ahead of an Aussie Champion, a Polish SWC rider, a rider who finished top 3 of the season before lasts EL averages, a recent World Champion and someone who has been a heat leader in the EL for about 12 years! And Adam Ellis of course. Yeah, what a fool Newman is, trying to stay ahead of any 2 of that lot!

If Garrity had started in reserve the Bees could have had Stead and Barker at 2 and 4 and THEN he would have show ambition if he'd fought to get ahead of them. But no.

Couldn't have put it better myself :t:

Okay.......

That makes no sense!

Emm anyway.

Newman Is being assessed by one person in particular in this strange paradox where he should be things and assessed as a rider based on how it is perceived people react to his performances.

People are seemingly hysterical about Newman, they aren’t, and even if they are.....well.......and..... what does it change re how he performs on track?

He (Newman) seemingly should beat certain riders anyway, why he “should” beat riders who are theoretically better than him I don’t know. He “should” be getting maximums until they face Belle Vue, that would mean him going undefeated against riders like Masters, Lindgren, Mads K, Schlein, Ulamek… on what logical basis “should” Newman go undefeated against that standard of rider?

He now should be judged based on how he performs in British Finals, again, why I don’t know, maybe he just isn’t going to be a rider who performs in British Finals, and again, in the grand scheme of things, if he doesn’t…..well what of it? And if he does perform well in the British Final I assume he “should” do that anyway.

I don’t ever remember Newman being hyped up as a rider who would go on to win world titles, British Finals etc…the majority of his career he has had quite a low profile, possibly he has already overachieved in performing as he is and should be praised for that, assessing him against false opposition is hardly fair. If you are of the theory that riders “should “ score EL Maximums every week and perform in British Finals you could make a case for the vast majority of British riders who have ever bothered with the sport being crap, when in reality they aren’t but instead just perform at different levels.

Emm anyway.

Newman Is being assessed by one person in particular in this strange paradox where he should be things and assessed as a rider based on how it is perceived people react to his performances.

People are seemingly hysterical about Newman, they aren’t, and even if they are.....well.......and..... what does it change re how he performs on track?

He (Newman) seemingly should beat certain riders anyway, why he “should” beat riders who are theoretically better than him I don’t know. He “should” be getting maximums until they face Belle Vue, that would mean him going undefeated against riders like Masters, Lindgren, Mads K, Schlein, Ulamek… on what logical basis “should” Newman go undefeated against that standard of rider?

He now should be judged based on how he performs in British Finals, again, why I don’t know, maybe he just isn’t going to be a rider who performs in British Finals, and again, in the grand scheme of things, if he doesn’t…..well what of it? And if he does perform well in the British Final I assume he “should” do that anyway.

I don’t ever remember Newman being hyped up as a rider who would go on to win world titles, British Finals etc…the majority of his career he has had quite a low profile, possibly he has already overachieved in performing as he is and should be praised for that, assessing him against false opposition is hardly fair. If you are of the theory that riders “should “ score EL Maximums every week and perform in British Finals you could make a case for the vast majority of British riders who have ever bothered with the sport being crap, when in reality they aren’t but instead just perform at different levels.

Here we go again, more indecipherable nonsense. Or is it sarcasm...? Nobody cares. Lisa is correct.

Edited by chris4gillian

Here we go again, more indecipherable nonsense. Or is it sarcasm...? Nobody cares. Lisa is correct.

Yet again attempting to claim what others think in an attempt to validate your thoughts….and now not only following others but actively seeking out posts from people….baaa

Edited by sparkafag

What part of this post makes sense then?

'if you ignore all the good riders he beats' why ignore just the good?

'ignore the points he scores' which would mean no points

If you said that about every rider then you could say they were 'crap' as you put it.

As I say makes no sense...

What part of this post makes sense then?

'if you ignore all the good riders he beats' why ignore just the good?

'ignore the points he scores' which would mean no points

If you said that about every rider then you could say they were 'crap' as you put it.

As I say makes no sense...

Give it time

• Like 2