British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Kyle Newman

BSPA EL averages....Newman 6.00 (as a EDR and a Heat Leader)

Garrity 5.16 (as a 2nd string)

Next............!!

Yep Newman been mopping up all season in reserve for the 6th year running and then spends a whole week at heat leader and is just marginally ahead of Garrity. So thank you for proving the point that Garrity is the better rider. Oh and check out the premier league if you need any more evidence

Garrity is an accident waiting on a bike over riding. One ride away from a big smash. It will happen soon enough sorry to say. Has guts but looks awful on the bike and isnt smooth at all.

Mark my words a prang will happen soon enough.

Bit like Nicki Pedersen used to be, and currently a bit like Peter Kildemand. I guess Newman is better than them as well because 'they are an accident waiting to happen' . Your post is irrelevant as to who is the better rider. come back when Newman has made a few British Finals or got to Cardiff as reserve or averages over 6 from second string or is a premier league heat leader. Until he does all of those isn't as good as Garrity. More stylish doesn't make you the better rider

Yup, had a big one tonight at Leicester, got hooked up with Paul Starke, both ended in the fist bend fence, Garritys bike flew into the air, and just missed Garrity on its re-entry, bounced again before falling on him... Down a good while, trashed his lid, withdrew from remainder of the meeting.... Paul Starke seemed ok...

Hope he is OK. But there you go it proves my case. Fast bikes with not enough talent to ride them properly. Always will be an accident waiting to happen.

Garrity is an accident waiting on a bike over riding. One ride away from a big smash. It will happen soon enough sorry to say. Has guts but looks awful on the bike and isnt smooth at all.

Mark my words a prang will happen soon enough.

Which is odd. Because Newman has missed more meetings due to injury/illness than Jason has in the last 3 seasons.

Which is odd. Because Newman has missed more meetings due to injury/illness than Jason has in the last 3 seasons.

Hardly his fault he is currently out. And his illness this year was just plain unfortunate.

Hardly his fault he is currently out. And his illness this year was just plain unfortunate.

Hardly Garrity's fault that he had mechanical problems during that race in the British Final that caused his crash and injured his arm.

Regardless of who has come off the most and yes they both have had injuries, if you take off the Poole tinted glasses, can you honestly say at this point in time in PL & EL Newman is going better than Garrity?

Newman has hardly beaten anybody of note this season (even our reserves beat him). With the exception of draft riders, Newman has beaten only

(H)Lawson,Morris

(A) Lawson,Josh.G

Whilst so far this season Garrity has beaten

(H) Doyle, Andersen, Cook, Nicholls, R Worrall, Bridger, Bech, Kylmakorpi, Josh.G, Buzz, Thorsell, Masters,

(A) Kurtz, Buzz, Cook, Nicholls, Karlsson, Kylmakorpi, Masters, Summers

As for PL, I think the averages speak for themselves.

Newman's 2014 end average was 6.51, two years on and it's now 6.76 and he's a 2nd string. That's hardly any progression in almost 2 years.

Garrity's 2014 average was 6.75 however his average is now 8.44 and he rides as a heatleader.

Edited by mdmc82

Why do we always compare Newman and Garrity, it's stupid tbh. Now how about comparing the Poole and Coventry teams and see how we get on. :D

Why do we always compare Newman and Garrity, it's stupid tbh. Now how about comparing the Poole and Coventry teams and see how we get on. :D

I agree that they should no longer be compared. Newman should now be compared with other reserves like Worrall, Wright, Ellis, Starke, Auty

Even of that list I wouldn't say Newman is the strongest anymore.

I agree that they should no longer be compared. Newman should now be compared with other reserves like Worrall, Wright, Ellis, Starke, Auty

Even of that list I wouldn't say Newman is the strongest anymore.

Every rider has a bad season, I'm not sure what is with the obsession with going on about Newman's day and night is?!

Who cares. Stevie Worrall is better than both :)

i think newman is the one thats gone backwards this year

people were expecting him to clean up at reserve and he's been totlly outshone by ellis , an NL rider last yr

• Like 1

i think newman is the one thats gone backwards this year

people were expecting him to clean up at reserve and he's been totlly outshone by ellis , an NL rider last yr

He hasnt so much gone backwards as simply stood still.

In the premier league he has dropped to a second string and in the elite league he has seen riders like Garitty and Worrall leave him behind and riders like Ellis and Starke improve up to and possibly past his level.

It tells a tell that for 6 seasons now Newman has been a reserve in a league that is getting weaker each season, so you would have expected him to have move on by now.

Good little rider but never going to amount to being any better than he is now really

• Like 1

I had big hopes for him when he first started to race, he looked like a rider who would make the top flight of riders in a couple or so seasons, but I am afraid that he has just stagnated, at best he will just be a reserve who can win meetings for Poole, unless it puts in a lot more effort and gets far better than he is now. Not sure if he has it though.

i also thought the same....

but here we are 6 yrs later and he has stagnated , not improved as expected

poole thou are quite happy for him to stay as a strong reserve , maybe he is too

i also thought the same....

but here we are 6 yrs later and he has stagnated , not improved as expected

poole thou are quite happy for him to stay as a strong reserve , maybe he is too

I wonder if they will still stick with him next year if the draft gets scrapped and you don't have to have a Brit at reserve. Can't see them doing so when there are better riders out there

I had big hopes for him when he first started to race, he looked like a rider who would make the top flight of riders in a couple or so seasons, but I am afraid that he has just stagnated, at best he will just be a reserve who can win meetings for Poole, unless it puts in a lot more effort and gets far better than he is now. Not sure if he has it though.

And clearly you dont read threads either.

I wonder if they will still stick with him next year if the draft gets scrapped and you don't have to have a Brit at reserve. Can't see them doing so when there are better riders out there

Namely ?

Tell GAVIN that, clearly he's missed it...The last groin injury could have killed him, but i suspect that has not occured to you

Didnt Matt Ford say himself that he thinks Newman and Ellis will get into the top 5 during the season?

Yep, baring injuries..

Edited by Starman2006