British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nw42

Belle Vue V Leicester Friday 8th April.

How can the Belle Vue sycophants like Phil the Ace , still support the management. Taking money off fans when they knew full well that no meetings were going to take place is criminal. I will no longer be going to watch Belle Vue whilst these Muppets are in charge, and I reckon a lot of fans will take the same course of action.

• Like 4

How can the Belle Vue sycophants like Phil the Ace , still support the management. Taking money off fans when they knew full well that no meetings were going to take place is criminal. I will no longer be going to watch Belle Vue whilst these Muppets are in charge, and I reckon a lot of fans will take the same course of action.

Just seeing the bigger picture mate.

I'm unhappy about the whole saga like you.

The track came through two extensive practice sessions, the most recent being on Wednesday. This shows that there was no question of taking money and knowing meetings would not go ahead. As explained it was following the recent inclement weather that the problems reappeared on Thursday.

As for the press statement on Thursday, they had to give a reason for the postponement but would have had to be very careful about what they said. They could not day anything which might prejudice any action the Council may have wanted to take. What they said was neutral and not untrue but clearly not the whole truth. The problems were related to the inclement weather and forecasts for Friday were inconsistent, some forecasting rain between 4 and 5pm and one forecasting rain from 11am to 5pm.

Phil the Ace a sycophant? You have the wrong BV fan there.

The track came through two extensive practice sessions, the most recent being on Wednesday. This shows that there was no question of taking money and knowing meetings would not go ahead. As explained it was following the recent inclement weather that the problems reappeared on Thursday.

Really..

As for the press statement on Thursday, they had to give a reason for the postponement but would have had to be very careful about what they said. They could not day anything which might prejudice any action the Council may have wanted to take. What they said was neutral and not untrue but clearly not the whole truth. The problems were related to the inclement weather and forecasts for Friday were inconsistent, some forecasting rain between 4 and 5pm and one forecasting rain from 11am to 5pm.

Give us a break with your sticking up for them ...they just lied again...are just going to keep finding feeble excuses for them ?

Edited by orion

Phil the Ace a sycophant? You have the wrong BV fan there.

Not these days he isn't. A total management man these days on the forums.

Edited by woodenspoon

Another one defending the cocktail of lies told to us by the Belle Vue promotion. The more you defend them the sillier you look !

• Like 3

So no rain from 5pm onwards was forecast ? Seeing belle vue said how good the drainage was even if there was abit of rain it wouldn't matter plus the riders have expensive dirt deflectors so what was the real reason as I am not convinced it was the weather,there must be more to it. Edited by robert72

After years of loyal support, through thick and mainly thin with the 'Muppets' in charge at the dog track (and maybe before?), you've now decided that you're not going to go anymore, even after the contractors have finally sorted the track.

Sounds to me like you are cutting your nose to spite your face, but if it makes you feel better then its probably for the best.

To be honest I'm gutted someone so important, a proper stalwart fan, has gone public with their decision to stay away until the current promotion leaves but thanks for coming anyway, your support and enthusiasm will be sadly missed.

But the track isn't sorted is it.

But the track isn't sorted is it.

yes of course, it was sorted for the opening meeting … I mean last week so that they could practice… I mean this week when it flew through practice with flying colours … I mean for the Leicester meeting …. err, hang on

How did you work that out?

How many meeting have been completed 0

The start of the press release interests me "Manchester City Council and BV Arena Limited have confirmed the intention to carry on"

this tells you alot of the troubles we are going through

Phil read it again it does not say carry on it says carry out urgent repair work

Why do you need a reply they have already released all those details.

Because I want a reply from them to confirm if they have received my tickets! Having emailed them several times with no reply is bloody disgusting. Are they not going to refund me ? Have the other 5,000 odd fans been refunded? Just an incompetent load of to****s is all I can think of.

Not one Belle Vue official, promoter, press officer, David Gordon, none of them will reply to me. Or is this normal procedure?

My patience is running thin with speedway in this country. I am beginning to think watching on kodi and the mobdro app is a far better option with the polish meetings offering a much better service. Nice comfy bed for me to sit and watch in. Nice cup of tea. Hot food. Good crowds. No travelling. No effing traffic jams. And I can save my money and give my boys extra pocket money.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates