British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Rye House V Peterborough Pl Saturday 16th April

Don't go shovelling your rubbish in Scunthorpe's direction. It was obvious from his visit last year with a Danish touring team that Karger was not up to PL standard. You brought him in on an assessed average. You deal with it.

You seem to be confusing a comment about Kasper Lykke with Peter Karger

• Like 1

It's easy to be confused at this time of night, especially when you've had your bedtime cocoa and began to wind down

Thanks, but it was a comment about two different riders that should have been separated by a paragraph, but no thanks on either of them.

I didn't even mention Karger so no need for separate paragraphs. Didn't want to mention Karger as I had an pleasant evening.

Don't be so touchy it was not meant as a dig at Scunny, in fact it was more recognition that its about the best racing track in the country and the fans oupp there would enjoy Kaspers all or nothing efforts.

• Like 3

Would he? You know his mind that well do you? Time will tell of course. Plenty of points money to be earned with both teams. Maybe more at Scunthorpe? Who knows what sponsorship may have been lined up and whose recommendation Ty will have followed - him being an Australian and all that.

More Australians have rode for the Panthers over the years than Scorpions have had hot dinners and a few of them became world stars (Crump & Sullivan ) to start with and your telling us Aussies would rather go to Scunthorpe . They will go where the best deal is and also be looking to see what if any sponsorship goes with it may be they would also be expecting a transport deal as well

Great result last night with some good racing. NBJ is going to be a great signing this year and pleased to see Grondel score so well.I like the improvements to the stadium that the new management have done so far. Well done Panthers.

• Like 1

Some very good racing last night,,excitement up to the last heat where in my opinion had Kennet picked heat 15 instead of 2and 4 in the first race the result may have been different

Edited by waco

Some very good racing last night,,excitement up to the last heat where in my opinion had Kennet picked heat 15 instead of 2and 4 in the first race the result may have been different

He probably backed himself to beat him into the first turn. If he hadn't been squeezed up right against the fence exiting the second turn perhaps... who knows. Ultimately we lost because they had a reserve that can beat heat leaders and second strings consistently.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

More Australians have rode for the Panthers over the years than Scorpions have had hot dinners and a few of them became world stars (Crump & Sullivan ) to start with and your telling us Aussies would rather go to Scunthorpe . They will go where the best deal is and also be looking to see what if any sponsorship goes with it may be they would also be expecting a transport deal as well

And i have had more hot meals than salads. What has Crump and Sullivan, etc. riding in their time got to do with the club that Ty Proctor end up at? How many Aussies are currently in the Panters team and how many in the Scorps? Was Taylor Poole not due to join Scunthorpe before he decided to retire? What was it that an ex World Champion who was spannering for an Aussie rider at a recent meeting in East Anglia saying about Tyron's likely destination in the Trowel & Hammer pub this week? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Maybe we will have to wait and see which direction Ty turns out of the airport on 17th May. The arrogance of some Panters fans in assuming they will get first dibs on a rider as they are bigger than another club never ceases to amaze.

Anyway, enjoyed the meeting yesterday after diverting there from my planned trip to Arlington and now off to West Row. Son of Dave / nephew of Gordon is flying this season. Really pleased for him and good to see the young Pinjar Flyer scoring points. Paid 18 versus Paid 8 from Reserve was the decider. Appears the real Grondal turned up last night after his performance at Foxhall (not his favourite track) on Thursday. Both sets of supporters have entertaining sides there and have much to look forward to this season. Enjoy your speedway.

Would he? You know his mind that well do you? Time will tell of course. Plenty of points money to be earned with both teams. Maybe more at Scunthorpe? Who knows what sponsorship may have been lined up and whose recommendation Ty will have followed - him being an Australian and all that.

And i have had more hot meals than salads. What has Crump and Sullivan, etc. riding in their time got to do with the club that Ty Proctor end up at? How many Aussies are currently in the Panters team and how many in the Scorps? Was Taylor Poole not due to join Scunthorpe before he decided to retire? What was it that an ex World Champion who was spannering for an Aussie rider at a recent meeting in East Anglia saying about Tyron's likely destination in the Trowel & Hammer pub this week? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Maybe we will have to wait and see which direction Ty turns out of the airport on 17th May. The arrogance of some Panters fans in assuming they will get first dibs on a rider as they are bigger than another club never ceases to amaze.

Anyway, enjoyed the meeting yesterday after diverting there from my planned trip to Arlington and now off to West Row. Son of Dave / nephew of Gordon is flying this season. Really pleased for him and good to see the young Pinjar Flyer scoring points. Paid 18 versus Paid 8 from Reserve was the decider. Appears the real Grondal turned up last night after his performance at Foxhall (not his favourite track) on Thursday. Both sets of supporters have entertaining sides there and have much to look forward to this season. Enjoy your speedway.

Talk about over-reaction. NEP said it right, riders will ultimately go where they want and where the best deal is.

• Like 2

Shads i was more refering to the fact that had we had choice of gates in heat 15 the result of that race may have been different... I have always been of the opinion that choice of gates in heat 15 is far more important than race one ..I know Kennet likes gate 4 in the first race ,but the chances are that the opposition would pick one and three anyway,, they do most places...I agree about Grondal when he goes up to the top 5 they will not be as strong, ,met them to early in the season i think?

Edited by waco

Talk about over-reaction. NEP said it right, riders will ultimately go where they want and where the best deal is.

Talk about sticking your nose in where its not wanted. As you say, riders will ultimately go where they want, where the best deal is for them and, maybe where they feel most comfortable, welcome and where a sponsor's licence is available. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

Talk about sticking your nose in where its not wanted.

You're a Scunny fan on a Rye/Peterborough thread. Pot-kettle-black

• Like 5

You're a Scunny fan on a Rye/Peterborough thread. Pot-kettle-black

Not even a Scunny fan, try a Monarch, so even more so.