British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LunnasPerm

Boring

This has got to be a good idea hasn't it? I know Buster has said he's confident of getting a league sponsor for next year but if it fails, this has got to be the way to go, IF they are interested of course!

last night sent a carefully worded msg to both buster and jon cook.....no reply..as yet!

• Like 1

last night sent a carefully worded msg to both buster and jon cook.....no reply..as yet!

When I see Buster at Lynn I will ask him if he has the email, unless you hear before ......
  • Like 1

I love the Sport but as many others frustrated at how things are going and promoters are where I lay the blame at, they are scared of making major changes that could benefit the sport over here and also drag riders from riding in Poland/Sweden back over here instead because Polish/Swedish speedway will collapse eventually with amount of money they throw about.

As others have said Racing will never change, maybe we could do 8 lap races to make create 30 minutes of action in one night instead but it could still be follow the leader stuff as that is Racing, maybe 8 laps would tempt riders not to go all or nothing into first bend and give each other a bit more elbow room as they would have more laps to race and find a way by rider in front so that could lessen injuries over season, who knows but it would be different and why not use KO Cup as a trial run if riders agree also.

But most of all our League structure needs ripping up and putting in bin apart from National League which works perfectly well for the young ones now.

I would pay a marketing team to drive a new league system to Sky Sports and other potential sponsors and I would :

- North/South split of 10 teams in each

- teams would be made of 6 man teams and a junior as back up for any injuries like the number 8.

- no doubling up, no tactical rides ! We can't keep this riders riding for 2/3 different teams, we are already struggling to attract fans and newbies laugh at this.

- if your team is in the North split you would race them teams twice home and away so would be 18 home meetings from that and then you race each of the south teams once 5 home 5 away (23 Home meetings overall) if say Belle Vue (North) faced Poole (South) at Belle Vue in say 2016 in 2017 Belle Vue would travel to Poole.

After regular season is complete you have your North Champions & South Champions who face each other over 2 legs to find the British League champions, give it a fancy name and market it well and just maybe with a bit of risk for once we have a system that not only sells big to Sky Sports but to old and new fans who stay away.

With a proper marketing team put in place and a exciting new league system it may just tempt some riders back over to be apart of it.

I would pay a marketing team to drive a new league system to Sky Sports and other potential sponsors

1. How much are you going to pay this marketing team ?

2. Where are you going to get the money from?

We have been through all this a million times before. Back of fag packet suggestions are never going to work unless you work out what the cost is going to be. The forum is full of great ideas but 99.9% fall down because they are uncosted.

We have been through all this a million times before. Back of fag packet suggestions are never going to work unless you work out what the cost is going to be. The forum is full of great ideas but 99.9% fall down because they are uncosted.

The trouble is that 99.9% of BSPA marketing teams ideas are make on the back of the same fag packet judging by their results.
  • Like 1

That would be for Speedway promoters to work out but if they just do nothing like always then nothing will change and status quo will continue.

It's time for promoters to thing big, not just make crappy changes hoping they will work.

When I see Buster at Lynn I will ask him if he has the email, unless you hear before ......

thank you, no not a word

.......AJK86......As others have said Racing will never change, maybe we could do 8 lap races to make create 30 minutes of action in one night instead but it could still be follow the leader stuff as that is Racing, maybe 8 laps would tempt riders not to go all or nothing into first bend and give each other a bit more elbow room as they would have more laps to race ........

8 laps? :o It wasn't so long ago that riders couldn't even manage to do a few hundred yards after a false start without going back to the pits to top up fuel and sort their bike out so they'd never manage 8 laps. :lol:

I love the Sport but as many others frustrated at how things are going and promoters are where I lay the blame at, they are scared of making major changes that could benefit the sport over here and also drag riders from riding in Poland/Sweden back over here instead because Polish/Swedish speedway will collapse eventually with amount of money they throw about.

As others have said Racing will never change, maybe we could do 8 lap races to make create 30 minutes of action in one night instead but it could still be follow the leader stuff as that is Racing, maybe 8 laps would tempt riders not to go all or nothing into first bend and give each other a bit more elbow room as they would have more laps to race and find a way by rider in front so that could lessen injuries over season, who knows but it would be different and why not use KO Cup as a trial run if riders agree also.

But most of all our League structure needs ripping up and putting in bin apart from National League which works perfectly well for the young ones now.

I would pay a marketing team to drive a new league system to Sky Sports and other potential sponsors and I would :

- North/South split of 10 teams in each

- teams would be made of 6 man teams and a junior as back up for any injuries like the number 8.

- no doubling up, no tactical rides ! We can't keep this riders riding for 2/3 different teams, we are already struggling to attract fans and newbies laugh at this.

- if your team is in the North split you would race them teams twice home and away so would be 18 home meetings from that and then you race each of the south teams once 5 home 5 away (23 Home meetings overall) if say Belle Vue (North) faced Poole (South) at Belle Vue in say 2016 in 2017 Belle Vue would travel to Poole.

After regular season is complete you have your North Champions & South Champions who face each other over 2 legs to find the British League champions, give it a fancy name and market it well and just maybe with a bit of risk for once we have a system that not only sells big to Sky Sports but to old and new fans who stay away.

With a proper marketing team put in place and a exciting new league system it may just tempt some riders back over to be apart of it.

How are Berwick,Redcar,Sheffield or any other team currently in the Premier league going to afford paying the top stars who ride in Sweden and Poland.

• Like 1