British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Could Woffy Be Making An El Return?

Think it is still in UK, somewhere like Sheffield, maybe?

Hem lives about 15 miles away from where I am. He is as far as I know still living in Derby

If he was a Joe Bloggs then fair enough. I struggle to understand why you think it acceptable that he as British World Champion is snubbing the British Public? If he was tired, then give up Sweden for gods sake!

Because he has decided it's better for his career not to ride here, what's not to understand? I have no idea why he's not riding here and i don't really care to be honest. I would guess he earns more in Sweden than he can here. Edited by liam
  • Like 2

So it's all about money for tai then, the British fans don't come into his thoughts, makes it even worse

Why should he? Its about making the best for yourself,

Why should he? Its about making the best for yourself,

Without fans your a nobody and wouldn't be making a very good living riding a bike.

I do not know the exact figures that was offered to Tai as it was a combined deal that was put together but do know exactly what Sky were prepared to do to try and get him in the EL in 2016. As this has been raised here today I have actually had a chat and coffee this afternoon with the man that did put it together to make sure I had understood correctly.

The BSPA were obviously fully behind this even as far as CVS agreeing to him going to any club on loan for the best interest of the sport in the UK

It would be wrong and unjust to post the finances involved but was more than worth the riders while to do in most people's minds. You also have to remember this was a form of sponsorship so was on top of his usual points,travelling and appearance fee which being WC he is entitled to ask for top money.

Steve Shovlar - You are correct I don't drive a van but do have some nice big satellite dishes on my office roof and enough decoders to fit out a small town with Sky TV 🤓

• Like 4

Without fans your a nobody and wouldn't be making a very good living riding a bike.

what the 1000 odd that go to monmore..... tai got more fans in poland ,

• Like 1

If he was a Joe Bloggs then fair enough. I struggle to understand why you think it acceptable that he as British World Champion is snubbing the British Public? If he was tired, then give up Sweden for gods sake!

Why?

Sweden fits perfectly in a regular schedule allowing him to race against the worlds best.

Of course its 'acceptable'.

We can all watch him in Swedish matches, Polish matches and in GP's if we wish.

It's time some deluded fans understood the British system is well past its sell by date.

Really? Nicki Pedersen seems to do well :)

• Like 3

But now he is its his responsibility he maximises his earning potential and if he earns more for less meetings abroad good luck to him, I honestly don't believe if someone was offered more money for less they work they would turn but people expect Sports men and women to

As for sky money he obviously didn't deem it enough to do all the travelling and put up withal the crap that comes with riding in the Elite League that's his prerogative and doesn't really change anything,

• Like 2

Why?

Sweden fits perfectly in a regular schedule allowing him to race against the worlds best.

Of course its 'acceptable'.

We can all watch him in Swedish matches, Polish matches and in GP's if we wish.

It's time some deluded fans understood the British system is well past its sell by date.

Really? Nicki Pedersen seems to do well :)

Nicki Pedersen is in different class to tai, Nicki is pure box office and when he retires the sport would be in a worse state.

• Like 1

You think he should give up Sweden rather than the UK?? You really need to understand more how the sport works if you think that your statement is correct.

Look at the facts:

Sweden pays more

Sweden is on a set night

Sweden he is competing at a much higher level than our Elite League.

Why would he give that up and that chance to become a world champion??? Ah you think he owes to the British fans? No he doesnt, he wants to be number one in the world and riding in the UK doesnt help him.

Have a look as to how many in the GP ride here?? Even Iversen wants to knock it on the head. Holder could do without it as well.

Nicki Pedersen is in different class to tai, Nicki is pure box office and when he retires the sport would be in a worse state.

Right hang on.

You say Tai riding in the UK would put bums on seats??

Now you say Nicki is box office and different class.

Which is it? Is Tai box office in one country and not another?

Your agenda is quite pathetic and your trolling posts tiresome.

Tai is a 2 time World Champion and he wants to be a 3 time World Champion and people knock him for it. Your quite sad

• Like 1

apart from non brit final appearance (no point going over that again), agree with you gavan

• Like 1

So Gavan you say he doesn't owe British fans , how stupid you are thinking that way.

He also owes British Speedway too.

Edited by robert72

You think he should give up Sweden rather than the UK?? You really need to understand more how the sport works if you think that your statement is correct.

Look at the facts:

Sweden pays more

Sweden is on a set night

Sweden he is competing at a much higher level than our Elite League.

Why would he give that up and that chance to become a world champion??? Ah you think he owes to the British fans? No he doesnt, he wants to be number one in the world and riding in the UK doesnt help him.

Have a look as to how many in the GP ride here?? Even Iversen wants to knock it on the head. Holder could do without it as well.

Right hang on.

You say Tai riding in the UK would put bums on seats??

Now you say Nicki is box office and different class.

Which is it? Is Tai box office in one country and not another?

Your agenda is quite pathetic and your trolling posts tiresome.

Tai is a 2 time World Champion and he wants to be a 3 time World Champion and people knock him for it. Your quite sad

Think that sums it all up quite well, nothing more to say on this now.

So Gavan you say he doesn't owe British fans , how stupid you are thinking that way.

no, he owes nobody nothing, hes been paid for his services by Wolverhampton, nobody owes nobody nothing. don't see what he owes fans either, when you have a talent, you can dictate a bit more. its no secret I'm disappointed bout british final,hence not purchasing his merchandise, so I'm sure fans will make up their own minds on that option

no pal you are stupid for thinking the way you do???

He owes British fans nothing why the hell can you not see that and he certainly owes British Speedway nothing.

Your views are very very strange.

Because he is British he MUST ride over here!!! You are one sandwich short mate

• Like 2