British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick Vs Glasgow Saturday 23rd April Lc

Took a walk round into the grandstand after the meeting to sit and watch the junior racing and saw Stuart Robson, Kevin Doolan and Liam Carr all posing for photos and speaking away to the young supporters, brilliant work.

That's really good to hear about the riders. Something that used to happen 'back in the day' and seemed to be dying out. Especially LIam Carr, who has a meeting the next day for Coventry Storm - Oh, hole on a minute, that was at the NSS against Belle Vue Colts and, of course, has been postponed . Silly me.

Good to hear that Berwick seem to have put a decent 1 - 7 together and the track has produced some entertaining racing. Maybe it isn't all doom and gloom in British speedway at the moment - well, apart from at Edinburgh maybe, after their performance at Workington. No comment needed eh, Scotsman :wink: .

Hope that the entertainment continues for you guys. Always enjoyed visiting Berwick, back to Wayne Brown's time at the club.

I hold my hands up.. Thank you Simon Nielsen...and cheers to Robbo too on a very good return from No.1. Hopefully not so good when you come with Rye please :lol:

Sounds like a fair result overall though.. And I too must admit my pleasure at seeing the score at Workington :approve::lol:

• Like 2

Lucky garcia turned up.

Weegies humped otherwise.

Not sure how we got on at Berwick last week?

More to the point lmao, How did you's go at Workington Hehehe

Must say the best meeting at Berwick for ages on and of the track,plenty of GREAT racing and plenty friendly banter.Well done to our guest riders both of whom performed better than i expected,Theo had an of night but hes been outstanding so far still not sure about Anders seems to be lacking power.Glasgows big guns did what was expected,always thought Coty was very unlucky last year with slow engines very good last night.Danny last night never seen anyone try as hard as him for his 1 point deffo one for the future.Everybody knows i like a moan on here i agree with the ref when he put the 2 minutes on before heat 12 and had to cancel it for the Tractors after 2 races surely could have waited till after heat 14.Both sets of riders and fans made for an EXCELLENT nights entertainment draw a fair result Haste Ye Back

• Like 3

Great meeting, best Hone meeting in a while, congratulations Glasgow, if it's not going to be us I'm glad it's you's lot and not our rivals in the centre of us, thank you Simon Nielsen and Stuart Robson! much better guests than the Fish was on Sunday, you should never trust a moanarch. Glasgow fans were brilliant and lots of friendly banter, Mellgren for me is a let down, if he says he's out for a month why does he come back after a week, was obviously either not fit or not with it, he can gate well but doesn't seem up for racing, just riding.

• Like 1

Full marks to pits people. Despite Glasgow running r/r and utilising Coty to the max, the whole match was finished in 90 minutes. Track preparation was great, evidenced by Stuart Robson recording fastest time of the year and the amount of passing, and after the football was on, too. Glasgow supporters in fine form, matched by Berwick's third bend crew. Just a great night out at speedway.

• Like 6

Full marks to pits people. Despite Glasgow running r/r and utilising Coty to the max, the whole match was finished in 90 minutes. Track preparation was great, evidenced by Stuart Robson recording fastest time of the year and the amount of passing, and after the football was on, too. Glasgow supporters in fine form, matched by Berwick's third bend crew. Just a great night out at speedway.

True there is usually passing going on in football matches

On what was another cold night , it good to have the meeting pushed through without any major incidents or delays .Great racing throughout the meeting. For Berwick a big thank you to both of our guests top performances from both , an off par night from Theo & Kevin didn't hep our cause and it looks like Anders is still a bit off the pace making the same mistake twice when under pressure didn't help his scoring , hopefully when he's fully fit we'll see a different Anders . Seb doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders yet although there where some signs last night of the old Seb. Richie was a big miss for Glasgow and if Coty keeps putting in those types of performances it wont be long until he's in the main body of the team .So with the league cup and " friendlies " done and dusted and all the cobwebs blown off its time to get down to league business hopefully with 7 fit riders on track .

Not always succesful though :P

Passing !! Have you watched Scottish Div 3 football ?

Edited by DSC67

the east fife fans ended up in North Berwick yesterday...think what the football's like if they're the fans

In the early days at at Rye House we used to get reports of missing away riders having turned up at Rye in Sussex instead. Mind you, not many outside the London area knew where the hell our old track at Rayleigh was.

Passing !! Have you watched Scottish Div 3 football ?

Had the misfortune to attend a couple of Berwick Rangers home games over Xmas/New Year 2014. Utter tosh. The only highlight was the pre match battered haggis & chips and half time Scotch pie

Edited by Shads