British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Belle Vue V Poole 27/4/16 Ela. The Big One.

Not sure how true it is but I just head that the contractors have been chased for compensation for the first night of speedway being cancelled and they have now walked off site, thats why the next 2 meetings have been put on hold until this is problem is going to be resolved? Looking at what they do at Cardiff in a week which includes putting in Electrics and a safety fence and a full track in a week I cant see any reason why relaying one bend is proving to be such a big problem unless they have stuck Oil by mistake. The big question is whats going on do we know how far anything has gone and how far away they are from getting the track ready.

Not sure if this is true but we could have done with quality inside information like this over the last few years.

Having only joined last week we can look forward to more of your knowledgeable posts.

Not sure how true it is but I just head that the contractors have been chased for compensation for the first night of speedway being cancelled and they have now walked off site, that’s why the next 2 meetings have been put on hold until this is problem is going to be resolved? Looking at what they do at Cardiff in a week which includes putting in Electrics and a safety fence and a full track in a week I can’t see any reason why relaying one bend is proving to be such a big problem unless they have stuck Oil by mistake. The big question is what’s going on do we know how far anything has gone and how far away they are from getting the track ready.

Is it possible for the guy who earlier flew the drone over the stadium to check out the above claim, or show the work being carried out on bends 3 and 4. From what I heard from a fan in the crowd at last nights meeting they have dug out the track and the ground below the track as it was the condition of the ground before the track base was laid that was the problem.

I can only tell you what i have heard, but i am sure that the problem is a lot bigger then we all know as you can dig out the ground and put in type 1 by the lorry load and pack it down hard with a roller to give you a base, your going to aske me how i know all this its because i work for a Tarmac company and i order all the type 1 and i mean we do Tons of it during the week if you order it with dust will make it even better as it will hold together but will allow water to pass between the stone,

so not sure why they are having a problem as if it was us who was doing the job we would like to think we could lay that area in a week, so not sure what the problem is? to patch it up would be wrong and less cost effective then to rip it out and start again.

I can only tell you what i have heard, but i am sure that the problem is a lot bigger then we all know as you can dig out the ground and put in type 1 by the lorry load and pack it down hard with a roller to give you a base, your going to aske me how i know all this its because i work for a Tarmac company and i order all the type 1 and i mean we do Tons of it during the week if you order it with dust will make it even better as it will hold together but will allow water to pass between the stone,

so not sure why they are having a problem as if it was us who was doing the job we would like to think we could lay that area in a week, so not sure what the problem is? to patch it up would be wrong and less cost effective then to rip it out and start again.

Right ok,

They found a rather large piece of tarmac under the base that was left in by the contractors. The tarmac was what used to be the hockey pitches. This was stopping the rain/damp from dropping In to the drainage. The tarmac was storing the water between the track and base. This is now a 24 hour extra job to just crumble the tarmac, remove it and finish off.

What they thought was the problem actually wasn't. This big section of tarmac left was the main problem. At least it's now solved. Again though this is more evidence for the council and belle vue to do battle with ISG.

All being well a full blown practice and a meeting will be held at the track this week.

Let's hope we do the we can put this to bed

Is it possible for the guy who earlier flew the drone over the stadium to check out the above claim, or show the work being carried out on bends 3 and 4. From what I heard from a fan in the crowd at last nights meeting they have dug out the track and the ground below the track as it was the condition of the ground before the track base was laid that was the problem.

What he says is totally not true. 100 million % not true. FACT

If I get chance I will pop down to stadium and take pics/videos of the work ongoing.

Add me on Facebook to see these. "Phillip John mullard" is my name on it

Edited by Phil The Ace

Right ok,

They found a rather large piece of tarmac under the base that was left in by the contractors. The tarmac was what used to be the hockey pitches. This was stopping the rain/damp from dropping In to the drainage. The tarmac was storing the water between the track and base. This is now a 24 hour extra job to just crumble the tarmac, remove it and finish off.

What they thought was the problem actually wasn't. This big section of tarmac left was the main problem. At least it's now solved. Again though this is more evidence for the council and belle vue to do battle with ISG.

All being well a full blown practice and a meeting will be held at the track this week.

Let's hope we do the we can put this to bed

What he says is totally not true. 100 million % not true. FACT

If I get chance I will pop down to stadium and take pics/videos of the work ongoing.

Add me on Facebook to see these. "Phillip John mullard" is my name on it

I just stated what someone said ie that the ground below the surface, before the track was laid, was not in the condition it should have been. That means no lumps of tarmac, concrete, clay etc or other material that may hold back water.

You have stated that a large piece of tarmac from the original hockey pitches was stopping the water reaching the drainage.

I see the two statements meaning the same, and not 100 million % not true FACT

When you take the pictures it will be interesting to see how deep the track and ground below the track has been dug out, as it seems that the ground below the track would not allow the water to drain away.

I think Phil was referring to mrscambelt saying the contractors were off site.

It's incredible that this could happen. I thought The Aces would have more luck moving to a new track but it still seems to follow us. The management must be going spare.

I just stated what someone said ie that the ground below the surface, before the track was laid, was not in the condition it should have been. That means no lumps of tarmac, concrete, clay etc or other material that may hold back water.

You have stated that a large piece of tarmac from the original hockey pitches was stopping the water reaching the drainage.

I see the two statements meaning the same, and not 100 million % not true FACT

When you take the pictures it will be interesting to see how deep the track and ground below the track has been dug out, as it seems that the ground below the track would not allow the water to drain away.

What I was pointing out About "FACT" that he said the contractors have left the site and that's why the 2 fixtures were postponed. This is totally u true. The contractors have never walked out.

How far they dug up I haven't the foggiest. Bend 4 was fully down yesterday with shale and everything. Bend 3 should be completed on sunday/Monday.

I think Phil was referring to mrscambelt saying the contractors were off site.

It's incredible that this could happen. I thought The Aces would have more luck moving to a new track but it still seems to follow us. The management must be going spare.

Yes you are right. I wasn't querying olarov post at all Edited by Phil The Ace

What I was pointing out About "FACT" that he said the contractors have left the site and that's why the 2 fixtures were postponed. This is totally u true. The contractors have never walked out.

How far they dug up I haven't the foggiest. Bend 4 was fully down yesterday with shale and everything. Bend 3 should be completed on sunday/Monday.

Yes you are right. I wasn't querying olarov post at all

Fine, I was also told the repairs should be finished quickly so hopefully a test meeting can take place soon.

That's good news then.

Almost there.

Just goes to show how inaccurate the Chinese whispers are.I heard from a mate etc do no good whatsoever.The truth always comes out in the end.Let's hope we can finally see some racing soon and move on.

As bad as this has all been, once it's done it will be fantastic for British Speedway. Onward and upwards.

• Like 3