British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

How Far Do You Have To Travel?

I don't really support any particular club to be honest, I just pick my meetings. But always go to a minimum of 4 meetings a week average mileage per week is around 500 miles

Four meetings, every single week? Wow, that's impressive.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you spend on the speedway? Between petrol, entry, a programme and food, you must spend hundreds on the sport every month.

Good on you. Do you with family or friends?

Four meetings, every single week? Wow, that's impressive.

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you spend on the speedway? Between petrol, entry, a programme and food, you must spend hundreds on the sport every month.

Good on you. Do you with family or friends? My partner attends most meetings with me when she can get time of work, otherwise I travel alone. Regarding costs bloody Hell, I shudder to think what with fuel, admission, plus all the GP's I attend and also I'm a big memorabilia collector. So as you can imagine speedway swallows up a right few quid a year. Almost as much as my wine!!

• Like 1

My partner attends most meetings with me when she can get time of work, otherwise I travel alone. Regarding costs bloody Hell, I shudder to think what with fuel, admission, plus all the GP's I attend and also I'm a big memorabilia collector. So as you can imagine speedway swallows up a right few quid a year. Almost as much as my wine!!

Speedway and wine, plus your partner shares the same hobby.

You, my friend, have the life. I salute you.

• Like 4

5 miles to King's Lynn for me. Currently I'm doing 5mtrs to my dinning table to check social media for updates as I can't be bothered to leave the house for that pile of poop.

Only 2.6 miles from where I live and Perry Barr, sometimes I go to Monmore Green which is about 11 miles.

Currently my two closest tracks are Somerset and Swindon. Somerset is about 40 miles away with equates to a near 90 minute journey on a Friday evening but can be home in a little over 30 minutes. Swindon takes about an hour. Coventry for a home meeting is about a 120 mile one way trip and I try and allow 2.5 hours to get there.

My shortest journey to a speedway track, apart from pre-Newport and then the last year I've always lived within about 5 miles of a track (Newport or Coventry) but the closest was Cardiff, ok it took me 6 hour and 15 minutes to walk from door to track but I was in the pub for 6 hours of that! Have to get a bus and a train this year though, oh the shame, slumming it with the riff-raff!

It's a full day out for us to see The Pirates. 3 hours to get there and twenty minutes less to get home as very little traffic.

I had hoped Halifax Tiger would respond to this, because I guess Chris is travelling 8-10000 miles per year to watch speedway?

During a season I will travel from Uttoxeter to Buxton regularly (until last meeting!), Sheffield frequently, Scunthorpe often, Mildenhall sometimes, Leicester possibly, Coventry reluctantly, Plymouth once, Birmingham once, Wolves once, Kings Lynn once and Stoke never, ever, ever under any circumstances whatsoever.

It probably is about that, yes.

The closest tracks to me are Belle Vue, Sheffield & Buxton but I count Redcar & Scunthorpe as local too. Stoke would be but I also don't go there.

Belle Vue is about 40 minutes away, Sheffield 50 minutes, Buxton & Scunthorpe 75 minutes and Redcar 90 minutes.

Coventry 'reluctantly'. Love it :D:approve:

Speedway and wine, plus your partner shares the same hobby.

Mine loathes speedway......but it doesn't stop her coming if I go away on tour.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

Living in Kent it takes about 30 minutes to Kent Kings.

It should be roughly the same to Lakeside but usually on a Friday takes about 1.5 to 2 hours ???????

Same here AJ, I live in Kent, around 30 minutes to Central Park, Have only attended Lakeside once this year and that was the Easter Friday meeting, it only took me 10 minutes, but its not usually like that on a Friday night

it also takes about 1 hour to Rye

I travel about 90 miles to Belle Vue. There are closer tracks but I've always supported the Aces.

• Like 1

I live in between leicester and coventry . 12 miles to brandon 12 miles to leicester about 15 minutes down or up the M69 for either .

The Abbey on Blunsdon Hill(a.k.a The Stade de Lite) is about 2 miles from me, 5 minute drive. Used to follow Worky, near 40-mile drive from Carlisle, and firstly New Cross, 20-minute walk from Peckham, or 5-minutes in the sidecar!

Swindon get fans from mainly out of town, most of Wiltshire, and places such as Bristol, Bath, Southampton, Reading, Oxford, Cheltenham, Gloucester....

Edited by Downsman
  • Like 1

11 miles to ashfield from home. Sunday traffic can sometime be a pain but there are so many routes it can be avoided if your on the ball.