British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Somerset Pl Thurs April 28th

Jake, Brad and Zach will not have seen any of the Prem tracks, did ok against P/Boro, more of the same please.

Better keep this one in the old 'Clipboard' for pasting throughout the season!

• Like 1

Tough decision this one.

I've seen Somerzet on most of their recent visits to Foxhole, always expecting good close matches.

Pretty much every time I have been disappointed and Rebs have been humped!!

Thursday is yet another of those matches, but it's also the final episode of this series of Line of Duty.

Probably the best tv drama series in years.

Decisions decisions.

Yes I could record LofD and watch it another day but that's not the same is it?

All bar the 500 at Ippo will already know the outcome by then and the online discussions about what it all actually meant will have finished.

I can't even rely on the weather to help me out. Looks like it will be dry tomorrow but cold again of course.

Hell what to do?

• Like 1

Tough decision this one.

I've seen Somerzet on most of their recent visits to Foxhole, always expecting good close matches.

Thursday is yet another of those matches, but it's also the final episode of this series of Line of Duty.

Decisions decisions.

All bar the 500 at Ippo will already know the outcome by then and the online discussions about what it all actually meant will have finished.

I can't even rely on the weather to help me out. Looks like it will be dry tomorrow but cold again of course.

Hell what to do?

Stay at home please? That way you'll miss a cracking meeting where the Rebels conquer their bogey track and thrash the Witches. And then I'm "back in the room". Come on you Rebels and give Ipswich a run for their money and the fans a meeting.
  • Like 1

Tough decision this one.

Decisions decisions.

Hell what to do?

You are joking right? People really go on forums and discuss made up tv programmes?

Not necessarily forums.

Sometimes the writers talk (online) about what the plot actually meant!!

You obviously don't watch Line of Duty?

I don't watch any tv apart from sport and the odd real life programme

I'm a proper freak. I've never seen the news or read a newspaper either. It's probably why I'm a speedway supporter, cos i don't fit in with the norm.

• Like 2

I dont see a comfortable night for the Witches but I do expect we will run out winners by about 10 in the end.

Think Rohan will be 'pumped' to do well. A crafty twitch from the witch on 1or4 when he is looking across them could cause him.problems???

• Like 1

I dont see a comfortable night for the Witches but I do expect we will run out winners by about 10 in the end.

Think Rohan will be 'pumped' to do well. A crafty twitch from the witch on 1or4 when he is looking across them could cause him.problems???

How about a led in the grips of the handlebars that can be switched on so the person looking across sees the light and the tapes get touched?! Wink

• Like 2

Not necessarily forums.

Sometimes the writers talk (online) about what the plot actually meant!!

You obviously don't watch Line of Duty?

I'm hooked on LoD Scotsman. Personally think its the best British TV produced for a long time and have loved the way that they've tied in the second series with the first. Is there a way to do both? Attend the speedway and watch LoD on a Tablet or something? Could be best of both worlds and if the speedway wasn't that entertaining, with Paco going back to Paco 2016 Mark 1, rather than the Twin who turned up for the Panthers match, you'd have LoD to provide the entertainment?

Really keen to go to this and watch Romance's Return (reckon he'll break the tapes in his first through nerves/enthusiasm and then score well after that) - and to say hi to you guys too, but I'm having transport issues at the moment and I'm not convinced that the Foxhall climate will be overly conducive on Thursday evening (rain from 8 pm forecast on AccuWeather with a real feel of just above freezing).

Edited by macca56

Glad to have you on board the LofD bus. It really is an epic series. I fear for Steve Arnott tomorrow!

Yes I could probably watch it online at foxholes but you can't really afford to miss a minute of it let alone 15. And it's a 90 minute episode so I would end up locked in the car park!

I'm still torn but given the temperature at the moment I think I may be leaning slightly towards staying at home in the warm.

I was hoping the Sky meeting tonight would have built my enthusiasm to go along to ippo tomorrow but I fear the weather ensured the opposite effect.

Where is it you live?

Yes, not in Paco Mark 1's fan club yet, but definitely LofD.

Hadn't realised it was a 90 minute final episode - that may have swung it for me. A real shame Romance's Return clashes. That and Rye House were the two league encounters I was looking forward to (plus the Scots teams of course). Plus I could keep an eye on the Europa League match - not that I'm a Liverpool fan.

Totally agreed about the meeting tonight. Was sitting down looking forward to it (had even tweeted that, and I haven't tweeted for a couple of years) and, Pow, postponed. Nuts!

I am currently living on the South West side of Ippo, not far from the Copdock (A12/A14) roundabout. If the track was where the football ground is, I could just about walk there, but it ain't. (I may be the only speedway fan who ended up moving to the town where he followed most of his speedway - though I'm not living here now because of that - it was a job situation kind of thing.)

Edited by macca56

Well it is looking more likely that I'll stick with the television tomorrow but going forward if you are stuck for transport to get to foxholes and it's a meeting that I'm going to, I could give you a lift - I come up the A12 to that roundabout.

Watching TV instead of live sport? Unbelievable!