British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

Just got back from a great meeting, like a broken record just look at the reserve scores. We all rode well and they had 2 riders going well and we only just won. Riders all riding in wrong team positions.

Just a question about about reserve scoring huge points, are they on the same pay rate as they were in the main team and also who foots the wage bill for this? Does anybody know how it's worked out?

Oh and a side note, why on earth were we back to 1 gate to get out, and the viewing area above the pits closed again, I didn't go to the Swindon meeting but I understand it was open then?

Edited by Coventry_Bee

Just got back from a great meeting, like a broken record just look at the reserve scores. We all rode well and they had 2 riders going well and we only just won. Riders all riding in wrong team positions.

Just a question about about reserve scoring huge points, are they on the same pay rate as they were in the main team and also who foots the wage bill for this? Does anybody know how it's worked out?

You have not got a cats chance in hell of finding out riders points money and who pays!!!! IMO they just ride for nothing to entertain us!!!!!

I see King came to the party tonight an the top three got the 30+ points they are going to need to give us any chance of scraping a win. With the other four its just so difficult to get over the line. Has to be sorted if we're going to climb the table. Still a wins a win and I'll take it.

I'm not interested in who earns what, my question is what promotion pay for Masters wages tonight?

Masters was on a 6 minute time allowance!! :lol:

The decision was shocking. He should have been excluded. The clock was put on late and then when he missed it and they put it on again, they turned it off. He had about 6 minutes in the end!

Before I went tonight, looking at the two team line ups, I thought we would lose again.

However even with a shocker from the bees reserves we managed to win it. KK was brilliant & good to see King back scoring. The team spirit looked better in the pits.

Shame the crowd wasn't as good as it could have been but I'm glad I went.

Some really good racing and a good meeting. I found some of Lindgren's moves very dangerous.

The reserves are a concern for bees

I did hear from a reliable source tonight that Horton had contacted Lindback, Kildemand, Zengota and Smolinski and none of them want to ride in the uk.

Edited by mdmc82

I'm not interested in who earns what, my question is what promotion pay for Masters wages tonight?

peanuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Told ya

• Like 1

I assume Coventry pay the away riders standard points money for the meeting and Wolves pay their riders their agreed points money.Thats how it used to be. Edited by Fromafar

Really enjoyed that tonight; actually it was so good that I'll have to go back as a neutral and watch another!

Fair result, would have taken a point if offered it after heat 10 with the scores level.

Good to see King find his form once more although from a Wolves perspective he might have done the decent thing and left it a week...

I've always felt with Kasprzak that, as goes his first heat, so goes his meeting, so feared the worst tonight and it duly arrived. Never a hardship watching Harris ride while Woryna looked tidy and a real trier, just exposed as a second string.

I think tonight told us that Coventry aren't quite as bad as they have looked so far; similarly with Wolves except not quite as good.

From the outside looking in I felt Masters' rides could have been handled more imaginatively. Morris could have replaced Howarth (tapes) in heat three with Masters given the Morris ride in the subsequent heat to face Woryna/Bates rather than King/Harris.

Similarly, Masters could have replaced Bech in heat 11 against Kasprzak/Garrity rather than in heat 13 to face Kasprzak/Harris. It would have meant him going out four times in five races but hey, he's a young professional sportsman and that's what they're paid for.

There may have been other factors and I accept that hanging Morris out to dry in heat three would hardly be a confidence booster for him; perhaps he wouldn't then have produced the fine ride under immense pressure that he did in heat 12.

I've left Lindgren to the end; had a lively discussion about him at close of play with a couple of Coventry fans and a neutral. The neutral felt his riding had gone beyond hard to unfair and that he had 'shown the back wheel' on seven occasions. We agreed to differ.

On the last race, I felt instinctively that the correct decision was made but was on bend one/two so a long way off. Credit to Harris for taking up the challenge; I reckon 95 per cent would have slowed and tried to cut back rather than keep it wound on.

Lindgren has certainly had his moments at Brandon; Wolves fans will recall an epic last lap charge to claim a league draw while the home support will point to a last bend fall that also wrecked Peter Karlsson's race and cost victory in a Midland League match.

For me, Lindgren's heat 14 ride tonight was one that goes straight into that ultra-slim volume for fans: 'Were you there that night when...?' To put it simply, I feel privileged to have seen it.

Edit: One thing the neutral and I did agree on was that the powers that be have well and truly dropped the biggest of bricks this season. The rolling averages that place Masters (presumably briefly) at reserve are just one of those quirks that you get in a balanced team that's aiming for strength in depth. But a system that allows a reserve to score heavily with easier rides and then expect him to cut it at heat leader is certifiable. How can we help the development of Kyle Howarth? I know, tell him to face King/Harris in his first race, Kasprzak/Harris in his second, Kasprzak/Garrity in his third and King/Woryna in his fourth. Utterly, utterly barking.

Edited by Fourentee
  • Like 7

After tonights meeting, according to my maths, Josh Bates goes into the 1-5 from next week and Kacper drops to reserve. Should actually give us a bit of a sting in reserve if he takes to Lakeside (don't laugh!) or BV (far more likely)

Already argued and point proven correct.

Unless my eyes deceive me he rode the 1st GP this season and already named in 2nd GP.

Dear oh dear.

Looks like your posts are getting worse one after the other.

As a reserve yes, wasnt Ales dryml reserve for a few years? Was he world class too?

Hes way past his best and that point cannot be argued.

• Like 1

We have even seen with Doyley this year an odd blip is possible well beaten in heat 1 at home to Wolves also dropped points at Leicester.This format is harder if FL can get back to his real Monmore best 12 plus everyweek he could be back in business and get in that top 16 again.

Anybody would be crazy to not believe fast Freddie isn't capable of stepping back up again as class just doesn't disappear.

Well unless your name is Pinny of course.

As a reserve yes, wasnt Ales dryml reserve for a few years? Was he world class too?

Hes way past his best and that point cannot be argued.

A point you have argued 3 times and already dismissed as nonsense.

A rider that's riding quick and committed , doing well in a GP round and averaging over 9 in a tough race format isn't past his best.

More to come quite clearly.

Point dismissed 3 times as nonsense which on his performances this season prove my point.

Troll off.

Chris Simpson has offered to come back and help with music. Please can Horton take him up on it! Locomotion & old versions of shoop shoop song were a music low tonight.

Chris Simpson made the presentation and music more current and helped create the atmosphere. I would personally prefer him on the mic anyday than Yorke.

• Like 3

The decision was shocking. He should have been excluded. The clock was put on late and then when he missed it and they put it on again, they turned it off. He had about 6 minutes in the end!

Before I went tonight, looking at the two team line ups, I thought we would lose again.

However even with a shocker from the bees reserves we managed to win it. KK was brilliant & good to see King back scoring. The team spirit looked better in the pits.

Some really good racing and a good meeting. I found some of Lindgren's moves very dangerous.

I did hear from a reliable source tonight that Horton had contacted Lindback, Kildemand, Zengota and Smolinski and none of them want to ride in the uk.

If Kildemand wanting to ride in Britain don't you think Swindon would've used him?.

• Like 1