British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

If you went to the supermarket and bought a packet of soap powder and on that packet was a voucher for £5 off your next purchase of soap powder and then three days later you buy another packet of soap powder and hand in your voucher the cashier says sorry the powder has been reduced £5 so we cant accept your voucher what would you say...I think you would say the voucher was worthless...

I'm a season ticket holder and I couldn't care less about people being let in for a tenner.

You accept that this will happen when you buy an ST at the start of the year. Factoring in the Storm meetings I'm getting into all meetings at a discounted rate.

The fact that hardly anybody took up the offer from the Storm perspective justifies the decision to extend the deal to everyone.

And now people won't go out of principle.

As I've said before. Any old excuse. Enjoy your evening in whingers.

Excellent post.

It's time some folks realised the sport is struggling. TV meetings in front of a sparse crowd only add to its woes. Horton is doing everything he can to ensure a decent crowd. He offered a promotion, the overwhelming majority weren't interested so he's offered another one.

Speedway fans are the sports own worst enemies at times.

• Like 6

Excellent post.

It's time some folks realised the sport is struggling. TV meetings in front of a sparse crowd only add to its woes. Horton is doing everything he can to ensure a decent crowd. He offered a promotion, the overwhelming majority weren't interested so he's offered another one.

Speedway fans are the sports own worst enemies at times.

Its my opinion that Mick knew he was going to reduce the price but waited until the storm meeting had passed before making it known... Micks perfectly entitled to make any offer he wants but come on ! the existing offer hadn`t run out...

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

So do you think it right that Mick should say that if you go to a Storm meeting you`ll get in to a Bees meeting for £10 when in actual fact Mick is going to charge £10 anyway..isn`t that deception ?

Wouldn't care less. I'd have paid what I was told I would be paying. Why are people getting so upset that others are getting a discount too?

if you went to currys to buy a tv and the bloke said if you buy this 50 inch today you can get this small portable one for half price...

then you go to currys the next day and the portable is in a half price sale would you be peed off.??

Why would it matter? In what way would I have lost out? If anything I'd be pleased that others could benefit too.

A bigger issue for me is not the cost of entry, it's Wolves #7. Ash Morris replaced Max Clegg. I have 2 issues here, 1. Ash Morris has a higher PL average and draft position so he CANNOT guest for him. 2. How the bloody hell are you allowed a guest for a rider who is riding in the NL?

Its my opinion that Mick knew he was going to reduce the price but waited until the storm meeting had passed before making it known... Micks perfectly entitled to make any offer he wants but come on ! the existing offer hadn`t run out...

The existing offer still stands, you are still getting £10 entrance.

Are you seriously suggesting that you went to a speedway meeting, against your will, paying £12.. to save £7? Seriously?

What is clear from this thread is that there are some who have

1: No care for the sport of speedway

2: No care for Coventry speedway.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

The existing offer still stands, you are still getting £10 entrance.

Are you seriously suggesting that you went to a speedway meeting, against your will, paying £12.. to save £7? Seriously?

What is clear from this thread is that there are some who have

1: No care for the sport of speedway

2: No care for Coventry speedway.

No it doesn`t . Mick gave the inference that if you went to the storm meeting you would pay less than the rest of em.. everybody was under the impression that the full price was going to be charged so some went to the storm meeting in good faith only to find they had been duped...its not about the money its about the right way of going about a business and to me it leaves a sour taste..

• Like 4

No it doesn`t . Mick gave the inference that if you went to the storm meeting you would pay less than the rest of em.. everybody was under the impression that the full price was going to be charged so some went to the storm meeting in good faith only to find they had been duped...its not about the money its about the right way of going about a business and to me it leaves a sour taste..

I agree totally with what you are saying, I wasn't going to go but now I'm tempted, but it's not about the money, it's about the promotion it being able to hide away like last week and face up and listen to people's grievances.

Stop being so bloody glum.

You will win tomorrow. Trust me

Ha ha ha! That's funny :D How are Coventry going to win if Masters is at reserve?!

Wouldn't care less. I'd have paid what I was told I would be paying. Why are people getting so upset that others are getting a discount too?

Why would it matter? In what way would I have lost out? If anything I'd be pleased that others could benefit too.

A bigger issue for me is not the cost of entry, it's Wolves #7. Ash Morris replaced Max Clegg. I have 2 issues here, 1. Ash Morris has a higher PL average and draft position so he CANNOT guest for him. 2. How the bloody hell are you allowed a guest for a rider who is riding in the NL?

When you find out, let us know! Is it anything to do with this squad thingmejig ? I shall be attending tomorrow, my first away match in approx 5 years to sadly say bye to Brandon, so thanks to Mick for the reduced price!

Ha ha ha! That's funny :D How are Coventry going to win if Masters is at reserve?!

We're not, keeping it within a 10 point defeat will be a victory for us, along with Garrity having two bikes will be a first also.

• Like 1

if you went to currys to buy a tv and the bloke said if you buy this 50 inch today you can get this small portable one for half price...

then you go to currys the next day and the portable is in a half price sale would you be peed off.??

I feel sorry for the poor bloke he was tempted to buy something he might not have done because a carrot was dangled. BUT looking on the bright side he`ll know better next time. !

Why is it that Coventry fans are without any doubt whatsoever, the biggest load of moaning, whining, bleating fans on the bsf?

They go on and on about anything they can moan at. They refuse to go and support their team, meaning finances wont allow the promotion scope to make changes.

Then the Coventry promotion offer entry tomorrow night for a tenner, and fans won't go because they went to a nl meeting to get the discount and now it is open to everyone! You really couldnt make it up. The Coventry cant do right for doing wrong!

I just get the feeling some so called Coventry fans here will be happy if Coventry dont see out the season.

• Like 8

When you find out, let us know! Is it anything to do with this squad thingmejig ? I shall be attending tomorrow, my first away match in approx 5 years to sadly say bye to Brandon, so thanks to Mick for the reduced price!

Turns out he's part of your squad. Which means I want to know how the bloody hell that works. Coventry (quite rightly really) couldn't use Squad rider Ben Barker for Woryna as his average was higher but Wolves can use their squad rider replace Clegg despite having a higher average and a higher draft ranking!

Why is it that Coventry fans are without any doubt whatsoever, the biggest load of moaning, whining, bleating fans on the bsf?

They go on and on about anything they can moan at. They refuse to go and support their team, meaning finances wont allow the promotion scope to make changes.

Easy to that if your near the top of the league all the time ..the one bad season Poole had the fans turned there back on the side ....Poole fans are likely to be the most fickle there is .

• Like 1