British Speedway Forum
LagutaRacingFan

Panthers Vs Tigers 8/5/16

Wondered what the hold up was?

Well, a couple of things didn't help. Having to use the alternative car-park in the field wasted a few minutes. And the entrance huts were the usual shambles.

I realise that the women in there are probably just volunteers, but they're as slow as ar5eholes! (Did they use to work in the Grasmere van? :lol: )

When I got there at about 7:15pm [edit 4.45pm] - which is plenty of time to make the start - the hut on the right had already started to cash up! Yet nobody told the steward who was still telling people to join that queue. Inside the other hut there were three (maybe four?) women chatting away like it was a coffee morning. No wonder they fumble around with change, asking you to repeat what you want, forget to give you the ticket, and so on.

There were loads of people still in the queue/s and it was slow progress - I think only one was actually serving people. A woman with a walkie-talkie was relaying this to somebody and maybe that had something to do with the delayed start.

Was that the correct thing do do? There's an argument both ways. In an ideal world everybody would get to the EoES by, say, 30 mins before the start. But life simply ain't like that. And not everybody wants to sit around for an hour before the meeting starts. It's bad enough that it usually takes two hours to get through 15 minutes of actual racing.

It was a decent crowd, but not huge. If we ever do start to get bigger crowds again they need to make sure it's a lot more efficient and slick at the entrances.

p.s.

I wish they'd bring back the 'pay online' thing.

i cant believe you wrote that COMmEnT . you are clearly more deluded than i thought. you stick with the , we must have cook routine and see where that get you .your wish list of riders must by now be the whole of the PL. and some world class super stars . get off the blue smarties and get back in the real world .. next thing we know , you will have father christmas riding at 7 on a 3 point average .. waken up man , stop talking sh7te . i know i used to type sh7te on here , but i have now grown out of it ..

kenneth was so unhappy at workington last season, that he signed a 2016 contract on thee last day in the 2015 season , along with the other unhappy one riicky wells .

mason campton also pledged his future to workingtin in 2016 .as did the rest of the team ,supporter,management and our new/old friend hoggy .

a word of advice for peterborough .. stay clear of proctor, he will drag your club down even further into the doldrums ......

although i do find your posts quite amusing for a 12 year old .. remember , no more blue smarties ...

Yes MorrisseyFan is a d!ckhead, but he's spot on about K.Hansen.

Maybe he is happy at Workington - but anybody who actually saw him, and especially heard him, at last night's meeting would tell you where he'd rather be. He made it clear he'd love to be back at Panthers and even said "maybe next year..."

And I don't recall ever seeing a guest celebrate heat wins with such exuberance and making it clear to the fans, by pointing to his race-jacket, that he was delighted to be doing it for Panthers.

I think most Panthers fans would love to see him riding for us again. It's not just the points that he scored last night, which were obviously the key to the victory. It's the way he attacks the track, storming around the boards - we love riders like Buczkowski for the same reason - and the team spirit he shows.

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 2

......PE7Panther............ When I got there at about 7:15pm - which is plenty of time to make the start - the hut on the right had already started to cash up!

In an ideal world everybody would get to the EoES by, say, 7pm.

Blimey! I was on my way home then. :D

• Like 1

Just transpose that to next week - bet you've not spotted that?

Just spotted that it's off :shock:

kenneth was so unhappy at workington last season, that he signed a 2016 contract on the last day in the 2015 season

Always good to get yourself sorted asap so you can see Hansen's logic. However, he said the problem is that we'd never asked, so if we showed some interest then you could have trouble saying the same next year.

Edited by Crump99

something tells me we will not have any trouble with .K.K.H. next year . neither will peterborough ..

something tells me we will not have any trouble with .K.K.H. next year . neither will peterborough ..

You can get medication for those voices in your head.

there speaks a person of experience.. .

there speaks a person of experience.. .

How did you know that I am a doctor :shock:

a venereologist?

With that logic you're probably more in need than jenga.

re. "When I got there at about 7:15pm....."

ooops! sorry for being a dozy tw4t! :wink: but you know what I meant.... I hope.

Anyway, a quick edit done :t:

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

How did you know that I am a doctor :shock:

i heard you were a proper gynecologist .

Certainly better than being a Merchant Banker like yourself, and well done for returning the thread to the playgound after it had got back on track so to speak :rolleyes:

Edited by Crump99

i met a depressed gynecologist once - he said having to go to work filled him with dread. He felt everyday was just like staring into an abyss....
  • Like 1