British Speedway Forum
robert72

David Hemsley Has Resigned As Promoter Of Leicester Speedway

Big Al- No Mr Darcy and Mr Machin are not responsible for the rider debts. It is what the BSPA bond is for why would they pay somebody else debts .

The problems at Leicester is the reason that there has been only one Sky meeting as every Intention of there being two meetings at Beaumont Park but as the club are not getting any of the Sky payments or shared event pot why would they have Sky in the stadium running on an off night and lower crowd.

It is the same with NLRC that's was due to be at Leicester in September the BSPA cannot really run a shared event at a non member track

• Like 1

It is the same with NLRC that's was due to be at Leicester in September the BSPA cannot really run a shared event at a non member track

What do you mean "Was" meant to be ??

• Like 1

Big Al- No Mr Darcy and Mr Machin are not responsible for the rider debts. It is what the BSPA bond is for why would they pay somebody else debts .

The problems at Leicester is the reason that there has been only one Sky meeting as every Intention of there being two meetings at Beaumont Park but as the club are not getting any of the Sky payments or shared event pot why would they have Sky in the stadium running on an off night and lower crowd.

Well Flagrag to me it seems like DH is spitting out his dummy because of all of the perceived "injustices" he believes to have been perpetrated against him/Leicester. Trying to mitigate his losses by withholding payments due to riders whilst his company is apparently still trading. This seems to include attempting to "use" the bond money as a way of paying the riders, whereas that money is probably only for use in circumstances where the Company has become legally insolvent/has ceased trading.

Meanwhile, the riders are trapped in the middle and are left with no option but to keep turning up because if they didn't, they'd be banned.

Seems that if Leicester Speedway Ltd went into Administration that would resolve many of the problems but at the moment it looks like that would not be in DH's own interests and so he is trying to keep it afloat, including trying to use every trick in the book!

Trouble is the Show just rolls on, Matt wants even more Superstars to ride in his Willywonka Land, while his opposition can't even afford a bucket of shale, in the end every EL Meeting will be Poole v Wolves, as they are the only ones remotely run as a proper business.

It's a total embarrassment to British speedway and the blame lies with DH,BSPA,SCB and unless resolved another speedway venue will be lost.

• Like 2

I'm sure they'll find some way of running this season-ending meeting regardless. After that who knows what's going to happen!

I hope a prospective promoter will come forward to take over the running of the club next year. The need to change their race night to a Thursday.

Still showing as Leicester 17/9

Hemsley actually Owns very little . most of the buildings on the site are portable . So if the rumours are correct about him being chased by the council for the improvements to the area around the stadium are correct .the council could cancel his lease . leaving it open for a promoter with the right set of promises to take on the lease , l would think the council would be keen to see speedway continue and not wind up with egg on their faces for backing the project in the first place , so that leaves the stuff Hemsley does own or owes money on . Independent arbitration could easily set a realistic non Hemsley cuckooland price , failing that the new promotion could insist he removes them and just replace them with new Stuff . all the people Hemsley has pissed off over his timethere are still around, and once he was gone former sponsors and the army of volunteers who built the place would soon re-surface

You have got to remember that there are two Hemsley controlled companies involved in this. Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd who lease the land that the track is on and the surrounding land, including the Speedway Bar and car park, from the City Council, and Leicester Speedway Ltd. who run the speedway and, presumably, sub lease the track from Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. So I assume that the Council are chasing Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. and not the company running the speedway.

You have got to remember that there are two Hemsley controlled companies involved in this. Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd who lease the land that the track is on and the surrounding land, including the Speedway Bar and car park, from the City Council, and Leicester Speedway Ltd. who run the speedway and, presumably, sub lease the track from Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. So I assume that the Council are chasing Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd. and not the company running the speedway.

Legally I think that's correct. But BSC Ltd has to my knowledge never traded from day one, and Leicester Speedway Ltd has been acting (and allowed to act) as though it is both the leaseholder and speedway operator.

Far be it from me to suggest the Council has allowed this to happen, either by failing to understand the difference between the two companies or by just plain turning a blind eye to it.

Whatever, the inevitable seems as if it could now be happening,chickens finally coming home to roost, and the Council may become leaseholder and landlord if they go about it in the correct way.

Legally I think that's correct. But BSC Ltd has to my knowledge never traded from day one, and Leicester Speedway Ltd has been acting (and allowed to act) as though it is both the leaseholder and speedway operator.

Far be it from me to suggest the Council has allowed this to happen, either by failing to understand the difference between the two companies or by just plain turning a blind eye to it.

Whatever, the inevitable seems as if it could now be happening,chickens finally coming home to roost, and the Council may become leaseholder and landlord if they go about it in the correct way.

Just in case you have missed it Mr Hemsley resigned yesterday as Director of Leicester Speedway Ltd. The Company Secretary also resigned yesterday. This leaves Yulia Hemsley as the sole director of Leicester Speedway Ltd. Mr Hemsley remains the sole director of Beaumont Sports Complex Ltd.