British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle's Speedway History

No action for a while for the Diamonds.

Time maybe to look back at the history of Newcastle Speedway. We started at Brough on 17th May 1929. If you are interested follow this link and spend a few hours educating yourselves. My Newcastle Speedway History website is not an official Newcastle Speedway website but hey it is great anyway (well thats my opinion!) go on have a browse :t:

http://newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk

I have another speedway website:-

http://defunctspeedway.co.uk

This site has become my life's work! You will be surprised if you stray onto it. It receives a lot of praise. Ivan Mauger, Dave Gifford Reg Fearman and a whole lot more are devotees of the website

Newcastle/Tyneside Cycle Speedway

If you want to know about the pedal variety of speedway then the following site is for you

http://newcastlecyclespeedway.co.uk

My mate Keith aka Jack o Diamonds and I have put together a history of cycle speedway have a look you will probably recognise a few riders who are at Brough every week

If anyone has photos etc that should be shown on the three websites then please email us via the websites

• Like 3

Great site, if your into that, you must have spent quite a while on it,,, well worth a look.

• Like 1

Great site, if your into that, you must have spent quite a while on it,,, well worth a look.

Yes Ruff D. I have put some hours into all 3 websites..me wife says i should get out more but what does she know :icon_smile_clown:. Looking forward to some track action guess we need to be patient

• Like 2

Excellent body of work,inc.seven pages of dirt track bikes in the defunct tracks section, mainly accurately described.Thanks.

• Like 1

Excellent body of work,inc.seven pages of dirt track bikes in the defunct tracks section, mainly accurately described.Thanks.

Thank you JOS50 I do my best! I love the older bikes

• Like 1

Fantastic work, really excellent :)

• Like 1

Fantastic work, really excellent :)

Quite agree. It is a massive labour of love by John to maintain, and they ensure that the records will be available for ever. Pity anybody starting such a task like John's from scratch.

• Like 2