British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Workington V Somerset Plkoc 14/5/16 7pm

Minimum last places again from the top 6 again too. As you said, the run goes oooooon!

It's a pleasure to watch them ride every week isn't it? :t:

Very good again from the Rebels. Every rider in the top 5 recording a victory.The run goes on.

Where`s Jenga ?

i am here .

It's a pleasure to watch them ride every week isn't it? :t:

It sure is - I'm happy to admit and I don't think I'm alone in this, that I never expected this team to be as good as it's turning out to be. But not only is it just winning, it's probably the most entertaining team I can recall us having and that takes into account the year we had Grajczonek, Doyle and Morris too.

workington had a few problems tonight

but somerset were a solid team paul starke has come on a lot in a few years rode very well tonight

although workington had problems to be honest on the night the score could have been more in somersets favour

• Like 1

i am here .

You generally have so much to say about everything , was wondering what you thought about this evenings match.

seeing that we stopped behind to watch the junior meeting , i dud not get back in the house until after 10 pm. where you , were already in your house . anyhow , a great meeting and a lot of good racing tonight . both teams gave their all . our bunch of people applauded EVERY rider when he crossed the finish line, home or away . we always do this to show our appreciation of their efforts . my view from the bends 1/2 was that josh was good, as he always is . jake allen is far better than his average, charlie boy was struggling with some sort of machine props in the pits before the meeting and only came to play in his last ride . paul starkie was the best on show for the revels , great we rider .rohan tutgate was looking ok , but had trouble in most of his races , i think that was rohan,s best display at workington .

left a gap cos its starting to get a bit mussed up .

bradders was onnit all night but didnt get the reward he deserved .

zach was good as well , but both the reserves rider points did not come to them.

our team. ricky was not the ricky we all know and struggled a wee bit .

rasser had a huge off night for him .

kenneth ws hampered by an engine blow op before his first heat but improves as the night went on. (prob the best rider ever @ worky )

mason needs to keep off the kebabs and get some form of health regime going . so much better than 1 point .

claus was good tonight , apart when it was clearly visible that he had probs in a race.

adam royno. the turnaround has begun for adam slow start and then got right into it . well done adam

matt willy . the guys a star and very brave . 2 heat wins ( i think ) some great stuff from matt tonight .

so there . a fair assessment of the meeting . if i want to make excesses for us . ere goes .

there was new dirt put down on the track and the home riders could not get to grips with it .

it was our first meeting in 3 weeks .

our riders attention was taken by the new start line girls , where as yours was not ..( they must be gay )

so all in all , a good meeting , no gripes from me . best team on the night won, we didn't .

there , is that ok for you .

most posters have noticed this season that my posts are very different from previous post of old . i try to get a craic going and i now have a good few posters liking my posts . dont make it any harder than it already is ..

thank you and goodnight .

• Like 1

our riders attention was taken by the new start line girls , where as yours was not ..( they must be gay )

LOL (as I'm on the phone and there's no emotiocons or whatever they're called).

Many thanks for the report.

Great to see the boys putting on a good show for the home supporters. Not too shabby a result either.

Agree with Naj that we have a team full of racers. Makes for great viewing week in, week out. Long may it continue.

Edited by Willowman
  • Like 2

seeing that we stopped behind to watch the junior meeting , i dud not get back in the house until after 10 pm. where you , were already in your house . anyhow , a great meeting and a lot of good racing tonight . both teams gave their all . our bunch of people applauded EVERY rider when he crossed the finish line, home or away . we always do this to show our appreciation of their efforts . my view from the bends 1/2 was that josh was good, as he always is . jake allen is far better than his average, charlie boy was struggling with some sort of machine props in the pits before the meeting and only came to play in his last ride . paul starkie was the best on show for the revels , great we rider .rohan tutgate was looking ok , but had trouble in most of his races , i think that was rohan,s best display at workington .

left a gap cos its starting to get a bit mussed up .

bradders was onnit all night but didnt get the reward he deserved .

zach was good as well , but both the reserves rider points did not come to them.

our team. ricky was not the ricky we all know and struggled a wee bit .

rasser had a huge off night for him .

kenneth ws hampered by an engine blow op before his first heat but improves as the night went on. (prob the best rider ever @ worky )

mason needs to keep off the kebabs and get some form of health regime going . so much better than 1 point .

claus was good tonight , apart when it was clearly visible that he had probs in a race.

adam royno. the turnaround has begun for adam slow start and then got right into it . well done adam

matt willy . the guys a star and very brave . 2 heat wins ( i think ) some great stuff from matt tonight .

so there . a fair assessment of the meeting . if i want to make excesses for us . ere goes .

there was new dirt put down on the track and the home riders could not get to grips with it .

it was our first meeting in 3 weeks .

so all in all , a good meeting , no gripes from me . best team on the night won, we didn't .

there , is that ok for you .

most posters have noticed this season that my posts are very different from previous post of old . i try to get a craic going and i now have a good few posters liking my posts . dont make it any harder than it already is ..

thank you and goodnight .

Surely the whole point of putting new dirt/shale on the track, is to get to grips with it? If you get my drift ;-)

What happened to Bradders? His bike and helmet is a right off...engine seized?

he was trying hard to pass matt wiliamson in heat 8 i think it was maybe too hard

either clipped his back wheel or just over cooked it on 4th bend

Edited by scarra
  • Like 1

Surely the whole point of putting new dirt/shale on the track, is to get to grips with it? If you get my drift ;-)

What happened to Bradders? His bike and helmet is a right off...engine seized?

as in my post , i was not making excuses for the defeat. just pointing out as to what excuse we could use . i think you read it in the wrong context . i will write another post in dumb print lol .

i am trying to be nice in my posts , so please dont fish . thank you .

scarra answers your question on dean , ok .

as in my post , i was not making excuses for the defeat. just pointing out as to what excuse we could use . i think you read it in the wrong context . i will write another post in dumb print lol .

i am trying to be nice in my posts , so please dont fish . thank you .

scarra answers your question on dean , ok .

Sorry fella...wasn't fishing, in fact I was replying with a humorous quip myself...hence the 'wink' at the end of my comment.

A play on words so to speak.

Seems you misunderstood my humour ;-)

All good :-)

Sorry fella...wasn't fishing, in fact I was replying with a humorous quip myself...hence the 'wink' at the end of my comment.

A play on words so to speak.

Seems you misunderstood my humour ;-)

All good :-)

You got the Somerset bug then Gresh? This year's team is excitement personified (a good old Tony Millard quote!!)

• Like 1

You got the Somerset bug then Gresh? This year's team is excitement personified (a good old Tony Millard quote!!)

I'm enjoying my visits to Somerset.

The racing hasn't let me down yet, and it's been very Entertaining.

Enjoying watching the team race as a team...some great spirit being shown.

Haven't enjoyed watching a rider like Bradder's for a long time. In fact since Andrew Silver. He definitely has something about him.

I hope he keeps improving and fulfils his obvious potential.

If there was any improvement needed on what i'm watching, it would be a little more dirt/shale added to the corners and more watering.

That's just my personal preference though.

Somerset is a little like the Abbey, in as much as it gets wind across it...dries out really quickly, and can quickly become a dustbowl.

But yes...I've got the bug and looking forward to the Plymouth meeting...weather permitting.

• Like 1

Only the second match I've seen this year and, despite the score, it wasn't a bad one at all!! :t:

Whereas after the first leg I thought the result would hinge on the performance of the reserves it actually turned on the performances of the middle order, Somerset had one, we didn't?

Always looked the team most likely, Somerset, to win last night, had the capabilities to get the results from each heat as and when required, the heat winner could have come from anywhere and we just couldn't match that?

Yeah, we had a few mishaps along the way but, we can't make the usual excuses, if's and but's could have seen us squeeze a very narrow win and preserve the home record but to be fair, if that had happened Somerset would have been more than justified in having a grievance, they were just better all round and fully deserved the win not just on the night but overall!! :t:

Here's hoping we can put this behind us now and move onwards and upwards, need to get some consistency back as a team and that will only happen if we are racing matches not sitting at home with our feet up, looked well rusty yesterday and it showed? :oops:

• Like 1

i think a small amount of the blame has to fall with the fixture list and how it pans out . why start the season in march , have a few meetings and then (we) have a 3 week waiting time for our next meeting at home and now (at this moment in time) we dont have one the following Saturday .

is there that much of a rider shortage that at a certain time in the season our riders are riding for different clubs . speedway is a summer sport , so lets start it in the summer season and compact it into an Adrenalin powered blast . keep all those gp qualifiers ect for the top guys and let the pl and nl get on with entertain g fans . fans in big coats cant get excited abut the sport , all wrapped up like a mommy .

still trying to be nice .

• Like 2