British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 26/05/16

The younger riders in particular will vouch for the help encouragement and lend of a motor when they needed it most, Troys career at Swindon had it's ups and downs but i think on the whole more ups, he was most certainly an interesting member of the side and although i wish him well generally i hope he fails miserably against us!

Most of his interviews were fine in fact good to listen to but his honesty could get the better of him, didnt or doesnt really know when to lets say use diplomacy!

Too honest eh ...... we'll see how he fits in at Lynn, still shocked he's gonna be racing for us again ....

So what did Troy say that caused such an issue ?

I'm not a Swindon fan but was at the first Abbey farewell meeting and was also shocked by Bratchelors comments made openly to a massive crowd that day. Basically it was along the lines of he didn't try during Swindon's home leg of the play offs as the track was crap and after what happened to Ward he wasn't prepared to put his safety on the line.

Which is fair enough. However speedway is a dangerous sport and the riders put themselves on the line every time they arrive at the tapes no matter whether the track is dry or wet. It was basically a huge 'up yours' to the fans that day and he didn't get a warm reception for his comments..

Too honest eh ...... we'll see how he fits in at Lynn, still shocked he's gonna be racing for us again ....

I can't see Buster of Rob Lyon putting up with his 'honesty' :wink: Personally I think Rosco treats the riders too much like mates and not enough like employees there to do a job.

• Like 1

I'm not a Swindon fan but was at the first Abbey farewell meeting and was also shocked by Bratchelors comments made openly to a massive crowd that day. Basically it was along the lines of he didn't try during Swindon's home leg of the play offs as the track was crap and after what happened to Ward he wasn't prepared to put his safety on the line.

Which is fair enough. However speedway is a dangerous sport and the riders put themselves on the line every time they arrive at the tapes no matter whether the track is dry or wet. It was basically a huge 'up yours' to the fans that day and he didn't get a warm reception for his comments..

That says more about the Swindon fans than Troy imo.

I find it quite shameful that he's not allowed to have emotions.

People cope in different ways to bad news & Ward wasn't just a team mate but a friend.

Batchelor's honesty should have been appreciated rather than lambasted regarding his performance.

Maybe the issue should have been taken up with the team manager for allowing Troy to ride in the first place if his mental state isn't on the racing. That's a dangerous situation to place other riders in in the first instance.

• Like 1

Honesty is generally good, rather have that than keeping schtum but complaining that you are being sworn about when not performing (Bjerre).

Least Troy told the fans how it was. If he had come out with a load of BS about his Bike playing up etc etc, would that have been ok ?

Least Troy told the fans how it was. If he had come out with a load of BS about his Bike playing up etc etc, would that have been ok ?

There's a line at times between being honest and antagonising. A simple "The track wasn't how we're used to it, we didn't turn up on the nights we needed to" and possibly an apology/admission might have gone down better than what came across (whether he's right or not) as a "didn't fancy it, like it or lump it". That said, I think he's a worthwhile signing and will do well for the Stars. Would have had him back at Swindon as on the whole he's scored well enough and maintained heatleader position in the race format as it is. Just lets himself down on occasion

Looking ahead to this match, I'd like to think we'll take another Elite League point or two on a track which should suit our team.

Edited by Reliant Robin

I believe Nick Morris is closer to Ward and although he was clearly affected didn't bleat and moan like Batchelor, I expect a GP rider to have some balls and professionalism and a get on with it attitude. To be honest, Batch doesn't need a lot of encouragement to throw a strop. We still remember when he was replaced by Zagar and how he behaved when he lost his team place due to injury. He then thought he had some sort of divine right to a place despite his replacement smashing in double figure scores for fun.

I like honesty, its refreshing, however, particulalrly as a captain sometimes, you have to keep it zipped. I was at Belle Vue for the 1st leg of the play off and he was rubbish. End of. He wasn't much better in the return leg.

If he was as affected, as much as he said he was by Darcy's injury, then he should have been 'honest' and said so to Rosco. How is Rosco supposed to know his number one isn't up to it?

I believe Nick Morris is closer to Ward and although he was clearly affected didn't bleat and moan like Batchelor, I expect a GP rider to have some balls and professionalism and a get on with it attitude. To be honest, Batch doesn't need a lot of encouragement to throw a strop. We still remember when he was replaced by Zagar and how he behaved when he lost his team place due to injury. He then thought he had some sort of divine right to a place despite his replacement smashing in double figure scores for fun.

I like honesty, its refreshing, however, particulalrly as a captain sometimes, you have to keep it zipped. I was at Belle Vue for the 1st leg of the play off and he was rubbish. End of. He wasn't much better in the return leg.

If he was as affected, as much as he said he was by Darcy's injury, then he should have been 'honest' and said so to Rosco. How is Rosco supposed to know his number one isn't up to it?

So, I take it you have no concept that everybody's different and we all should be as hard as nails like you?

• Like 1

So, I take it you have no concept that everybody's different and we all should be as hard as nails like you?

Exactly what I thought reading that. Thinking back to Darcy's meeting at Poole, Troy definitely lost his cool on the night, everyone is different, what makes us all unique eh 😊

I actually stated his honesty can land him in trouble i didnt actually state i thought he was as Trees put it 'too honest'! People need to read posts before making stuff up, you know , lack of honesty!

Edited by hagonshocker

KING’S LYNN: Freddie Lindgren, Mads Korneliussen, Robert Lambert, Kai Huckenbeck, Troy Batchelor, Carl Wilkinson, Lewis Rose.
SWINDON: Jason Doyle, Charles Wright, Rohan Tungate, Nick Morris, Josh Grajczonek, Justin Sedgmen, Stefan Nielsen.

Freddie is riding well but there are not many that can match NKI around Saddlebow

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2679

That says more about the Swindon fans than Troy imo.

I find it quite shameful that he's not allowed to have emotions.

People cope in different ways to bad news & Ward wasn't just a team mate but a friend.

Batchelor's honesty should have been appreciated rather than lambasted regarding his performance.

Maybe the issue should have been taken up with the team manager for allowing Troy to ride in the first place if his mental state isn't on the racing. That's a dangerous situation to place other riders in in the first instance.

That's rather harsh on the majority of Swindon fans...it was the way he put it across very much like F**k you all and if im honest ive still kind of stuck with him my son still wears his Pit jacket to Blunsdon this year but your another one who needs to know the complete story and have your facts correct before labelling Swindon fans like that

• Like 1

Huckenbeck (4.00) has a lower average than Wilkinson (4.32), so why is wilko at reserve?

Huckenbeck (4.00) has a lower average than Wilkinson (4.32), so why is wilko at reserve?

From what i can work out its because Huckenbeck is the foreign #8 position, which can only replace riders in the top 5.

• Like 1

That's rather harsh on the majority of Swindon fans...it was the way he put it across very much like F**k you all and if im honest ive still kind of stuck with him my son still wears his Pit jacket to Blunsdon this year but your another one who needs to know the complete story and have your facts correct before labelling Swindon fans like that

Was he getting stick prior to the interview from the Swindon faithful for his performance? Quite likely and his response was reasonable if you ask me.

He was like that when he was at King's Lynn in the Premier League. He got stick from the fans then, he'd always respond when chatting with Mike Bennett. Think it gives him much more respect to have the balls to front up imo.