British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Rye V Ipswich Sat 14th 7 Pm

I am not really one to call for changes but it would be very difficult to argue against someone who did.

It is close to the point where something needs to happen even if only to show they give a stuff.

Trouble is there is no obvious choice as to who would/should go due to near all round inconsistency.

The counter to it of course is "look at Paco". Early doors he was suspect no1 for the chop but now is doing all asked of him and more.

Just shows how easy it is to say on here but how difficult it is in reality.

• Like 2

If the team if not going to change... Then why not change the riding order.

1 King

2 Kerr

3 Risager

4 Sarjaent

5 Covatti

6 Castagna

7 Ritchings / Hume

Try something... Anything....

• Like 1

I am not really one to call for changes but it would be very difficult to argue against someone who did.

It is close to the point where something needs to happen even if only to show they give a stuff.

Trouble is there is no obvious choice as to who would/should go due to near all round inconsistency.

The counter to it of course is "look at Paco". Early doors he was suspect no1 for the chop but now is doing all asked of him and more.

Just shows how easy it is to say on here but how difficult it is in reality.

Only Castagna & Risager can look on tonight with any pride. What on earths happened to Danny King?

Track seemed fine. What was wrong with it?

I didn't go, but it looked pretty decent from the pics from the Ipswich twitter feed! Certainly looked to have more material than we currently have at Foxhall that's for sure.

One more thing, last season some of you lot were blaming Phil for the teams performances, why aren't the same people blaming RH?

i think the situation was more about short term personality clashes rather than simply results.

All back on an even keel now with Phil back with camera in hand on the centre green and the past in the past and best left there IMO.

• Like 1

I didn't go, but it looked pretty decent from the pics from the Ipswich twitter feed! Certainly looked to have more material than we currently have at Foxhall that's for sure.

Rye is never gonna have deep shale like some of the larger, wider tracks. It is what it is. I do know they've been working hard on it for most of the week. At least the dust was kept down and that banking on the second bend has produced an interesting cut back that Kasper Lykke used a few times

Rye is never gonna have deep shale like some of the larger, wider tracks. It is what it is. I do know they've been working hard on it for most of the week. At least the dust was kept down and that banking on the second bend has produced an interesting cut back that Kasper Lykke used a few times

Ben used it a couple of times to pass Sarjeant when he went off 15m.

Rockets put it all together tonight,53-37 Kennet another max and nice to let two other guys have heat 15 ..Lanham rode with a bit of fire in his belly and so did Heeps,,but for me the rider of the night was Kasper Lykke his passing moves were out of this world,, and he has turned the corner now im sure..Robson was steady but without a race win,,Karger nearly wiped Morley out ,off the 4th bend in race two and then blocked him at every move,...,and then got passed by National league rider Danyon Hume in his last ride and then fell off on his own....Morley was so fired up after his tapes exclusion he rode a blinder to pass Sarjeant from a 15 mtr handicap..A good team performance from the Rockets though it has to be said Ipswich were poor ,to many in and out performers ....But definately some very exciting racing tonight...

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

If the team if not going to change... Then why not change the riding order.

1 King

2 Kerr

3 Risager

4 Sarjaent

5 Covatti

6 Castagna

7 Ritchings / Hume

Try something... Anything....[/quote

1 past sell by date

2 always was a big gamble

3 nuff said

4 unmanageable

5 one trick pony

6 doesn't do what it says on the tin

7 too fat/too inexperienced

• Like 1

Track seemed fine. What was wrong with it?

It's like the Ipswich track no dirt on it. The only rider who could seem to be able to pass was Lykke but then again Danes do like slick tracks. When the likes of Covatti & King can't make any ground up on the likes of Lanham it just sums it up.

Anyway good luck to the Rockets in the next round, a match made in hell for you Shads.

The meeting started off bad for the Witches, can't believe they forgot to put Sarj's dirt deflector on and just got worse. Definitely a night to forget for Sarj. Morten kept up his consistent start to the season and Danyon didn't disgrace himself, but the rest just too inconsistent again.

Good to meet Baldyman & Pob and we all agree changes need to be made but probably won't be, but we'll keep going as we love our speedway.

Ben used it a couple of times to pass Sarjeant when he went off 15m.

I think you will find that Sarj's bike was slowing and looked like it blew up which caused his crash which is why Ben went past.

I think you will find that Sarj's bike was slowing and looked like it blew up which caused his crash which is why Ben went past.

Sounded like it was revving wildly just before he fell.

Edited by Shads

Sounded like it was revving wildly just before he fell.

Indeed, and the reason he fell in his last ride was because he threw his bike at Karger's back wheel and missed.

• Like 1

Well what can you say about that? Not alot really apart from Rockets wanted it more. Well done to them solid team effort from them . Track not a lot of dirt on it but it's the same for both teams .

Couple of days ago few Rye House fans moaning about Kasper ? Very strange thought he was your standout rider of the night . Some nice cut backs up the inside along the back straight shame the Witches didn't take notice the 1st time he did it .

Kennet Witches must be sick of the sight of him but class apart over the tie.

Not a bad nights racing but how much lower can the Witches sink this season , changes to be made maybe but who else is out there to come in .

Very long season ahead fir the suffering Witches fans I think .

Karger nearly wiped Morley out ,off the 4th bend in race two and then blocked him at every move

He's riding for his career , obviously his points are more important to him than the team end result.

Junior

• Like 1