British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Coventry V Lakeside This Friday (20/5) & Return Clash Saturday

Wolves were lucky Leicester had Davy watt otherwise it would of been a home win.

Bees only getting 33 was disappointing as they should of been better than that score.

Yes of course.

Ulamek would have got double figures to have made all the difference.

The same Ulamek that has scored no more than 6 at home this year?

Absolutely priceless, thanks for the laugh.

:rofl: :rofl:

Scoring from Harris getting worrying, 5 at home & then only 4 at Lakeside? Not like the bomber we're used to seeing.

Scoring from Harris getting worrying, 5 at home & then only 4 at Lakeside? Not like the bomber we're used to seeing.

He always seems to have a small run of poor form in an EL season, soon snaps out of it though.

• Like 1

Nobody will get points at Lakeside. Having been there tonight I've got to say I agree with Chris Holder. That place flies in the face of eveything a speedway track should be.

Off to Peterborough tomorrow to cleanse my eyes with some proper speedway.

He was expecting a speedway track I think! Looked close to tears in the pits the poor lad.

I don't agree.

Been to 25 meetings at 17 different tracks this season and easily the best was Lakeside v Poole.

In addition, with one exception Coventry have been pretty rubbish away from home all season whatever the shape of track.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

Anyone think Harris desire to ride PL and his sudden loss of scoring is linked?! Another Andersen situation all over again. At least we know the management will have a close eye on it 😷

For those (two?) who don't approve of the track - get up a petition to have it shut down as unsuitable to the true meaning of speedway.

So - one down. Then Coventry lose their track to housing - two down :rolleyes: That'll sort it.

He's not enjoying his speedway at the moment. It's reflected abroad which is why they are now not using him. It's showing in the EL and it definitely showed in what was one of his worst GP meetings.

It's a huge shame as he started the season really well both here & abroad but seems to have lost all confidence since being knocked out of qualifier. People constantly putting him down about the GP can't help.

I think a year away from the focus of the GP would help him though.

Lakeside is a marmite track, it was always going to be a struggle without Garrity. It was good to read Woryna improved as he had more rides, it can't be easy as we noticed with Craig Cook to learn the best lines without running into the fence. An up and down night for most of the others but thinking Harris is looking at a PL place so is doing poor !! get real give him some respect. He has the ability to do very well in this league, unfortunately I think Chris has a lot on his plate with poor form, gp's , out of qualifiers, unhappy with certain things for both club and BSPA, no Poland or Sweden.

I see no reason if a team wanted Harris in the PL why he couldn't do it, it would take a huge chunk of the teams average but would be a crowd puller, next year will Cook double up again if he can't get a ride in Poland ? Yes !!. These guys need to make a living, how can they survive on EL alone. They need a plan B and it's not a lack of ambition doubling up its earning money and paying bills.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 3

If Chris Harris does not make the top eight in the GPs this year, I fear that we will lose the place for a British rider. If we do it may be a long while before another Brit is good enough to make the GPs. I do not see us getting a wild card pick either.

Riding Elite League only no longer pays enough money, so if no foreign bookings then no option but to try to get into the Premier League.

Yes of course.

Ulamek would have got double figures to have made all the difference.

The same Ulamek that has scored no more than 6 at home this year?

Absolutely priceless, thanks for the laugh.

:rofl: :rofl:

You didn't even make it to support your team, after 12 heats it was level, had lions had R/R instead of watt then it could of been a lions win.

Maybe you should attend meetings before making silly posts.

Back on thread,I hope bomber isn't trying to lower is average

• Like 1

Well there couldn't have been two more opposite meetings. Results were as expected I think. King is much improved and just as he does bombers form completely crashes in alarming fashion..!!! Don't know whats going on there but seems to be lacking confidence in his machinery.

Well there couldn't have been two more opposite meetings. Results were as expected I think. King is much improved and just as he does bombers form completely crashes in alarming fashion..!!! Don't know whats going on there but seems to be lacking confidence in his machinery.

bomber is probably on a set fee per meetings so 15pts or 4pts it makes no difference to his pay, he could be lowering his average or riding under protest, his comments on Friday night it's him or me could have something to do with it.

Somethings not right with bomber and I don't think it's bike problems.

Sad to say Bomber is past his best.

He borders on the embarrassing in GP's and has done for some years.

At his best few better to watch, but seems to change his 'surrounding cast' too frequently.

• Like 2

bomber is probably on a set fee per meetings so 15pts or 4pts it makes no difference to his pay, he could be lowering his average or riding under protest, his comments on Friday night it's him or me could have something to do with it.

Somethings not right with bomber and I don't think it's bike problems.

He has already said it's not to do with the club so he wouldn't be riding for the Bees under protest or lowering his average. Chris is so frustrating as every season he seems to start with new machinery and new staff. When he's riding so well at the end of a season why does he have to change everything and start from scratch? He's been doing this for years.