British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Bellevue Wed 18thmay

BIRMINGHAM: Zach Wajtknecht, Danyon Hume, Tom Bacon, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

BELLE VUE: Matt Williamson, David Holt, Rob Shuttleworth, Tom Woolley, Lee Payne, Andy Mellish, Dan Bewley

Gonna say a ten point home win. But what a line up for the future team gb zach JPB Bewley Smith all below the national drinking age.

• Like 1

Gonna say a ten point home win. But what a line up for the future team gb zach JPB Bewley Smith all below the national drinking age.

Really feel you should add Danyon Hume to that list.

He's come on leaps and bounds this season so far.

• Like 1

Weather fine at the minute, hoping it stays that way. This has the makings of a good match. Saw Dan Bewley last week and was very impressed, such a talent.

Weather fine at the minute, hoping it stays that way. This has the makings of a good match. Saw Dan Bewley last week and was very impressed, such a talent.

If he's not been there before he needs to be told about how fast to come out of bends3/4 or he could be sending start marshalls scattering after clouting the fence

Really feel you should add Danyon Hume to that list.

He's come on leaps and bounds this season so far.

Don't know how but i forgot Danyon, who would of thought he could beat number 1s for fun.
  • Like 1

Some close racing but sadly the track was poor (to be fair to the curator, he would have had to deal with rain, sun and wind) and there was little passing, nor did anyone really look like doing so.

Another hugely impressive performance from Bewley, and I was once again impressed by Hume.

So Perry off to hospital tonight and Ritchings tweeting saying he's gonna go in because he was struggling to hold on..... Could be turbulent times ahead for those Brummies

Good to see a club make the effort to get a match on despite the rain and poor forecast (EL promoters take not).

Track obviously slick and dusty (feel they could have watered from 7PM onwards as dark clouds passing over).

A slick track played into the hands of the away side however take nothing away from Bewley who was awesome for a relative newcomer.

Hope it's good news for Tom as that was a heavy get off.

So Perry off to hospital tonight and Ritchings tweeting saying he's gonna go in because he was struggling to hold on..... Could be turbulent times ahead for those Brummies

Gloating at misfortune---not a nice trait but not totally unexpected!

Firstly fingers crossed Tom is okay, looked an awkward tumble and was given gas and air on the track, will be a loss if hes out for a while, hope he isnt.

A few people have mentioned the slick and dusty track and early on it was very dusty without a doubt. I dont have any complaints, if anything I would the praise the trackman for getting this meeting on. Someone posted on Tuesday that the weather forecast for today was absymal so if your a speedway promotion looking to avoid a costly rain off, what are you going to do?. Your going make the slick and pack it down so there is every hope of it taking place. We got a meeting at the end of the day and its not ideal to have a dusty track but just one of them things when in the hours before the match the sun and wind affect it,

Its a win and some good performances but I dont think we were firing on all cylinders. I was massively impressed with Danyon once again, I dont know why he wasn't selected for Heat 15 which I felt he deserved. Tom Bacon had a good meeting aswell, its good to see him getting it togethor at Perry Barr.

Second time Ive seen Bewley and impressed once again, he is one heck of a gater at this level. Well done on your point, hope we can take some off you in August! :rofl:

• Like 1

Tom Perry update taken from his Facebook page:

"At Russell's hall hospital, quick update on Tom, broken collarbone, dislocated shoulder and swollen knee. Looks like operation in the morning to plate it. Be back soon"

Best wishes to Tom for a successful operation and a quick recovery.

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

Gloating at misfortune---not a nice trait but not totally unexpected!

How can I gloat at that? Just stating that you could have the same problems as us. I hope they are both back soon. Can't exactly gloat when your own team has lost 3 riders already to injury which has ruined our start