British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

I understand what you are saying but seeing riders bounce around bends 3 & 4 was dangerous (Andersen & Pedersen). Also a couple of ruts on the inside.

New Post:

Well done to Hans, Bjarne, & JK last night. Those 3 riders tried their best knowing how difficult the conditions were.

C Holder please can we just sack the bloke. Chris does not want to ride for Poole. MF really needs to come to a mutual agreement. Half a straight behind S Worrall in his own backyard sums it up.

Luckily we signed Bjarne otherwise last night it would of been a hammering with Davey and Chris in the same team on that track.

Its funny how we all see things differently.

Hans and Bjarne got themselves into situations they didn't have the ability to control the bike, Poor Pedersen's head was bouncing around all over the place so god knows what vision he had of the track.

You want Chris Holder sacked !, this after Davey Watt. I think success has gone to people's heads down south !! Chris Holder who has had so many bad injuries on a track he wasn't happy with, he wasn't going to put himself where Hans and Bjarne did. He wanted to be in his own bed last night and not another hospital bed,

Like it or not it's in his head about these injuries to him and Darcy and it wont go away. The bloke who has done so much for Poole speedway down the years, has had a nightmare 2/3 years and has fans like you calling for his head.

Nice work

• Like 5

Of course as Poole fans we are disappointed that our team isn't performing well and Chris Holder isn't at his best for us but sacking him is way over the top. We need to get behind him and support him, he will come good and as long as we get in to the play offs he will show his best i am sure. A rider that i was unsure about before the season started and i still am is Brady Kurtz, i still think we would be better off with Kasper Gomolski.

Why wasn't he allowed to do what he wanted to do? I thought they ripped the track up not that long ago to sort it out.

I don't know why. I could be down to money. Even Matt Ford isn't made of money. What I do know is that major track work often can't be done for 5p. I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read posts from the keyboard warriors who sit on front of their TV screens and think a bit of blading or something is going to sort a track out and the track man/promoter is too dim to realise it.

I don't know if it is down to money or some other reason, but the reality of modern Speedwáy is that good quality shale doesn't come cheap and good tracks don't come easy. I don't know why Poole is in the condition it's in but I very much doubt whether it's a simple matter to resolve. I am not Matt Fords biggest fan but I doubt whether even he sets out to have a poor track, especially for a TV meeting with sponsors present. There might well be a significant reason for it.

That said, it could be the best track in the world, and we would still have the usual suspects on here moaning about it.

I honestly believe that Kurtz would have benefited with another year in the PL. I applaud him for his desire & commitment to step up to the EL & I do think he as a big future. But another year under the careful guidance of Garry May, who I think is the best manager in the UK! would have done him the world of good.

• Like 2

I honestly believe that Kurtz would have benefited with another year in the PL. I applaud him for his desire & commitment to step up to the EL & I do think he as a big future. But another year under the careful guidance of Garry May, who I think is the best manager in the UK! would have done him the world of good.

I'l tell Garry that. that will please him no end... :D Now for my part i think Brady has done the right thing..

• Like 1

I'l tell Garry that. that will please him no end... :D Now for my part i think Brady has done the right thing..

Just think if he had doubled up would have been better

Just think if he had doubled up would have been better

Maybe but Chris holder took the challenge, it might just take Brady a little longer to adapt and start to show his potential. You can forget last night...

Maybe but Chris holder took the challenge, it might just take Brady a little longer to adapt and start to show his potential. You can forget last night...

Mate i'm a big Brady fan, you know that
  • Like 1

Mate i'm a big Brady fan, you know that

Yep i do. just give the lad a chance.

Seen it before with Kurtz. only seems to know one way and that is wind the throttle on and just go for it. He doesnt yet have the skill to master slightly different types of tracks but it might come in time and he needs to be given that time. If Poole get rid of him that seem ludicrous to me.

It was no shock to me that the riders that rode well are the boys with experiance Nicholls, Andersen and Pedersen.

Kylmakorpi rode ok but had bike issues.

Holder , well we all know his head isnt in the right place to race speedway in the UK. People keep moaning about Tai not racing here, but surely its worse what Holder is doing and hardly trying letting down the fans. Couple that with the fact that his home track is the worst and most dangerous in the league and the injuries he has suffered and Ward has suffered means he isnt going to bust a gut. He needs to be true to himself and true to the Poole fans and drop the Elite League and concentrate on trying to win another world crown.

Newman totally lost as a heat leader and although it was his second meeting back i thought he would have attacked the track a bit more than he did.

Ellis had a few bike issues so harsh to judge him on this showing.

Simply shows how farcical the draft system is. Poole have 2 reserves flying, who then become heat leaders and are at the back in most races which drains their confidence for when they drop back down again.

For Belle Vue Cook had a poor night and a dodgy ref to contend with

Zagar can look a world beater in 1 race and then out the back in another. He is someone else that i think doesnt put in 100% in our league at all times.

Nicholls showed what can happen if you attack the track. I read one Poole fan wrote on here that Holder should have been embarrassed to be beaten by Scott in heat 14??? Holder was scared to go out wide and Nicholls just went by easily. Nicholls on that track was hot favourite for that race.

Richie Worrall struggled but Max Fricke looked class

Steve Worrall showing again he is the best reserve in the league for me.

Seen it before with Kurtz. only seems to know one way and that is wind the throttle on and just go for it. He doesnt yet have the skill to master slightly different types of tracks but it might come in time and he needs to be given that time. If Poole get rid of him that seem ludicrous to me.

It was no shock to me that the riders that rode well are the boys with experiance Nicholls, Andersen and Pedersen.

Kylmakorpi rode ok but had bike issues.

Holder , well we all know his head isnt in the right place to race speedway in the UK. People keep moaning about Tai not racing here, but surely its worse what Holder is doing and hardly trying letting down the fans. Couple that with the fact that his home track is the worst and most dangerous in the league and the injuries he has suffered and Ward has suffered means he isnt going to bust a gut. He needs to be true to himself and true to the Poole fans and drop the Elite League and concentrate on trying to win another world crown.

Newman totally lost as a heat leader and although it was his second meeting back i thought he would have attacked the track a bit more than he did.

Ellis had a few bike issues so harsh to judge him on this showing.

Simply shows how farcical the draft system is. Poole have 2 reserves flying, who then become heat leaders and are at the back in most races which drains their confidence for when they drop back down again.

For Belle Vue Cook had a poor night and a dodgy ref to contend with

Zagar can look a world beater in 1 race and then out the back in another. He is someone else that i think doesnt put in 100% in our league at all times.

Nicholls showed what can happen if you attack the track. I read one Poole fan wrote on here that Holder should have been embarrassed to be beaten by Scott in heat 14??? Holder was scared to go out wide and Nicholls just went by easily. Nicholls on that track was hot favourite for that race.

Richie Worrall struggled but Max Fricke looked class

Steve Worrall showing again he is the best reserve in the league for me.

To be fair Nicholls was very good value and i hope he maintains his form because we would have a chance in the world cup if he did especially when he and Cook will have home advantage.

According to the BSPA Rolling Green Sheet Averages Richie Worrall's average is 4.10 and Steve Worrall's is 4.85. Why was SW not in the 1 to 5 and RW not down at reseve?

Of course as Poole fans we are disappointed that our team isn't performing well and Chris Holder isn't at his best for us but sacking him is way over the top. We need to get behind him and support him, he will come good and as long as we get in to the play offs he will show his best i am sure. A rider that i was unsure about before the season started and i still am is Brady Kurtz, i still think we would be better off with Kasper Gomolski.

You have a very good rider in Kurtz i would not worry to much.A rider who will improve in time, i believe Kurtz/J.Holder are both long term investments.I think both have quality would love to have Jack as a future rider at Swindon.