British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Kings Lynn 19.5.16

Kings Lynn visit the Abbey with some ex Robins in their team.

We did not get the full amount of rain forecast for today so the track should be ok.

Troy is riding for Lynn for the first time this season and will no doubt want to show us what we are missing.

Lewis rode well for Swindon last year and like Troy will want to do well.

Mads always gets a good welcome back.

NKI should have some good races against our heat leaders.

The main change for Swindon is that Rohan is back in the 1 - 5 at number 3, with Nick at 4, so a strong pairing and Justin moves to reserve.

I can only see a Roobins win but Kings Lynn are capable of getting a point.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2681

Edited by A ORLOV

Huge weather front moving inland tomorrow afternoon from the west....

When it's in Wales, it will drop a fair amount of rain.....

But, once it's into England, it will dissipate quickly down to showers, which will be few and far between, if at all over Swindon come race time, ish....

If you look at the size of the rain band now (for its position tomorrow) you'll think immediately a rain off.

But, if you look at its projected path and intensity, it's virtually nothing when it gets to Wiltshire.. So I would say with confidence, no problems weather wise at the Abbey tonight....

Weather lovely and sunny at the moment but needs to be kept an eye on, as SS says speedway should be ok.

Have they actually started work on the new track at Swindon yet ? I thought they were supposed to move in the middle of this year

As for tonight Comfy Home win. Swindon to wrap up all the points by the end of Heat.

Have they actually started work on the new track at Swindon yet ? I thought they were supposed to move in the middle of this year

As for tonight Comfy Home win. Swindon to wrap up all the points by the end of Heat.

No not even close to starting

We'll Give you the answer after the break. :lol::lol:

• Like 2

We'll Give you the answer after the break. :lol::lol:

Or after heat 15 :shock:

Weather nice and sunny for a while now but possible rain shower around 8pm.

This needs to go ahead so we can get above Wolves in the league table :wink:

No not even close to starting

Track or stadium?

I heard the stadium has started

Track or stadium?

I heard the stadium has started

Neither, certain "know alls" who have mates that know what is happening keep saying it has started or is just about to start are talking cr#p.

The only thing that appears to have happened is that the contractors have cut down some scrub and trees, this was done before the nesting season, and a massive heap of dirt has been moved from other parts of the housing site and dumped in one corner of the car park.

Edited by A ORLOV

Robins in good form at the moment but this could be a potential banana skin. Just hope that the team remain consistent as this was my fear that they would occasionally perform poorly from time to time.

As Orlovski says, Lynn have some decent riders who can certainly ride the Abbey. Mads is a case in point. Whenever he returns, he seems to go well. I know it was a few years back now, but I recall a brilliant maximum from him (although I don't recall him coming out for heat 15 in that match).

NKI is always good for double figures and Batchelor will be desperate to put one over us. Looks like the weather will remain dry so you will be ok tonight Troy..... No excuses for you.... But then again.....

Or after heat 15 :shock:

Weather nice and sunny for a while now but possible rain shower around 8pm.

This needs to go ahead so we can get above Wolves in the league table :wink:

Rain at 8.30, they'll get to heat 10 and that's about that, don't want to get their bikes and racewear to wet, got important meetings in Poland at weekend, fans mugged off again, more swear to never go again, the downward spiral of UK speedway continues..

Sorry The tea leaves were sending out mixed messages... All clear now... Its heat 11

• Like 1

A home win i think,but it could be a dangerous match for the Robins.Puk, Batch,Lambert, Mads, can all score points around the Abbey Wilkinson will race for everything a proper racer. Huckenbeck looks a decent rider and Lewis could chip in to with vital points important races with Nielsen in two heats looking forward to it.

Edited by Sidney the robin

If the stadium hasn't been started at the Abbey How did they get the timings so far out ? I take they wont have to move from the existing site until the new one is up and ready.

Neither, certain "know alls" who have mates that know what is happening keep saying it has started or is just about to start are talking cr#p.

The only thing that appears to have happened is that the contractors have cut down some scrub and trees, this was done before the nesting season, and a massive heap of dirt has been moved from other parts of the housing site and dumped in one corner of the car park.

I have no knowledge either way but Terry Russell was at Kent on Monday evening with Roger Cearns and I was stood next to them when Roger asked how the new stadium was coming along, Terry's response was that it had started and was coming along nicely.

I heard him say it, not saying it has, just what was said