British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Raiders V Eastbourne Mon 31 St May Approx 4-30 Pm

To be honest after the Redcar match this was a big let down almost boring at times,,I do not see many fans continuing to pay to watch half a team..there are rookies in all the teams this season unfortunately ours are miles behind the rest,,Rob has not had much racing this season yet and I think having two matches in one afternoon may have had an effect on his scoring but no one battled harder,,Ben after looking a bit complacent in heat one when passed by young Dan Bewley who was excellent,,,then pulled his socks up and rode like he can do for the rest of the match!,,Luke Priest got 9 but did not dominate today ..Connor Lock showed in flashes but looked really poor in some races ,,Bowdery showed little or nothing....Leek not so good this week but still picked up a few points...Dan Bewley missed out on a max when outgated by Ben in heat 15,,but did Eastbourne proud,,,Match Score. 37-53.. ,,That is a big loss at home.we need to strengthen somehow ?.........

I love the NL & last year the side was the best thing about Rye but this year we've basically got three heat leaders and a MDL side. I've seen a lot of the NL teams this year and am not sure that there are any that our bottom end will out score.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what Mark Owen is doing?

Think he's taking a break, no way we'd fit him in without dropping Morley or Branford anyway.

Think he's taking a break, no way we'd fit him in without dropping Morley or Branford anyway.

I think we'd struggle to strengthen the lower end without sacrificing one of the top 2 & that's not worth doing.

Pity we couldn't keep hold of Danyon as he had an average below 4 but could end up averaging 9 soon. Just that one position would have made this team very different. The improvement Olly Allen & the Poultec course has had on the riders involved is very encouraging.

I love the NL & last year the side was the best thing about Rye but this year we've basically got three heat leaders and a MDL side. I've seen a lot of the NL teams this year and am not sure that there are any that our bottom end will out score.

Sadly your tail would be average in the MDL this season. Locke & Bowdrey with little / no speedway experience & Banks with little / no commitment.

The buck stops with the promotion though as they picked the riders and chose to let them learn in the NL.

• Like 1

Adam has broken his collar bone according to speedway star. Hope he has a speedy recovery and is back sooner rather than later. Although not until he is fully recovered

Such a shame for Adam with the world u21's coming up and for both Poole and Eastie.Just as it looks the team is getting settled we get hit with an injury again. I suppose we'll go with guests until Adam recovers but the chances of a guest doing what Bewley did yesterday are quite remote week in week out unfortunately. I suppose Adam was due to miss 4 matches anyway between now and June 18th. Anyway wish him a speedy recovery.

Such a shame for Adam with the world u21's coming up and for both Poole and Eastie.Just as it looks the team is getting settled we get hit with an injury again. I suppose we'll go with guests until Adam recovers but the chances of a guest doing what Bewley did yesterday are quite remote week in week out unfortunately. I suppose Adam was due to miss 4 matches anyway between now and June 18th. Anyway wish him a speedy recovery.

Reckon Ellis would've gone through the card yesterday. Big loss for Eastbourne

• Like 1

Reckon Ellis would've gone through the card yesterday. Big loss for Eastbourne

He's only dropped 1 point to an opponent since he's been with us, and has riden brilliantly with Jake Knight. Just got to stay in contention at this point for the playoffs, if we have a full and fully fit team by then who knows what could happen!

Strange comment from the Rye House camp:

It is reported on Speedwgb.co: Rye House manager Peter Schroeck said: “When you look at Eastbourne, they are an established side from last year

Where does he get that from?

Current team is Ellis (new to Eastbourne in 2016), Cottham (only couple of meetings in 2015), Perks (new), Wood (rode all of 2015), Knight (new), Powell (new) Harris (new).

In reality, Wood is the last man standing from 2015.

Strange comment from the Rye House camp:

It is reported on Speedwgb.co: Rye House manager Peter Schroeck said: When you look at Eastbourne, they are an established side from last year

Where does he get that from?

Current team is Ellis (new to Eastbourne in 2016), Cottham (only couple of meetings in 2015), Perks (new), Wood (rode all of 2015), Knight (new), Powell (new) Harris (new).

In reality, Wood is the last man standing from 2015.

Maybe he really meant management team established from last year who know what they're doing? Edited by gazzac

Or the fact all our our riders bar Powell have done a few seasons in the league before

Or the fact all our our riders bar Powell have done a few seasons in the league before

Probably meant that, but lost in translation.

Whatever their club certainly has a winning mentality......wish... wish ...wish.............oh well.....

Edited by waco

Whatever their club certainly has a winning mentality......

As a stand alone club who've dropped down two leagues they need one.

I'm pretty sure we'd be the same if we only had a National League team.

We won't live or die on the fortunes of the Raiders. The Rockets are the number one priority at Rye House.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

As a stand alone club who've dropped down two leagues they need one.

I'm pretty sure we'd be the same if we only had a National League team.

We won't live or die on the fortunes of the Raiders. The Rockets are the number one priority at Rye House.

The problem is that the crowd your getting for the PL is not enough to maintain with out the loss of money, So when your making improvements to the club but the club does not have enough people to support them thats were the problem is. Its all about crowds bum on seats, Yes Eastbourne are in the NL but if they were not there then Eastbourne would have no speedway.

Rye House dont need a NL Team as they know with Coventry and Belle Vue, Kings Lynn, are clubs that run 2 teams lose money. For PL meeting yesterday seems no atmosphere nothing at all. And then to loose in the next meeting that bad really needs some sort of team changes and start again,