British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins B Fixture 01/06/16

Poole get good crowds would they support a national league side?

We had one in the NDL, 0-9, 0-10 -11 and it wasn't viable so a hault was called to it. Although it did bring on riders like Kyle Garrity and Howorth.

supporters need a weekly fix, start straying with long gaps will and have alienated fans.

But what you going to fill the gaps with. Fans no longer want challenge meetings.

Edited by Starman2006

Can't understand why the league fixtures aren't every week for every team. It's happening at my club Ipswich far to much this season having 2 or 3 Thursday's without a meeting then running one on a Saturday!! In June and July ALL clubs should have a home meeting every week as the weather should be ok most weeks. Lack of meetings in the summer months leaves a fixture jam at the end of the season with clubs struggling to fulfil fixtures before the cut off. Happens every season yet still clubs have weeks without a home meeting!!!

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

It pretty disappointing to me that we have so few matches in June. I'll go to pretty much anything speedway staged at Poole.

I also miss international test series, the good old 7 v 7 style with a PROPER race format that didn't create unsustainable averages for reserves. How hard would it be to set up a three match test series between Team GB and Australia at Poole, Swindon and say Coventry (they need revenue from the sounds of it!).

With so many riders complaining about a lack of race fitness due to rain-offs, why not sort something like this out?

There was some talk about a Team GB v Aussie mini series but not sure if its happening?

Darcy's meeting will take place (in August I believe) on one of the currently spare dates. Other than those, once we are into July then I don't see many 'open' dates other than the usual WC week?!

Perhaps its to get a feel for a 'one league' set-up with more fixtures or running a reduced EL schedule plus a PL (not NL) team?!

Edited by Skidder1

It was a struggle to get a decent enough field of quality riders. Many of the top boys already have a full diary and even if they are able to fit it in their money demands might make it unviable for the promotion and the fans?!

• Like 2

There was some talk about a Team GB v Aussie mini series but not sure if its happening?

Darcy's meeting will take place (in August I believe) on one of the currently spare dates. Other than those, once we are into July then I don't see many 'open' dates other than the usual WC week?!

Perhaps its to get a feel for a 'one league' set-up with more fixtures or running a reduced EL schedule plus a PL (not NL) team?!

BV vs Swindon you mean :wink:

• Like 1

It pretty disappointing to me that we have so few matches in June. I'll go to pretty much anything speedway staged at Poole.

I also miss international test series, the good old 7 v 7 style with a PROPER race format that didn't create unsustainable averages for reserves. How hard would it be to set up a three match test series between Team GB and Australia at Poole, Swindon and say Coventry (they need revenue from the sounds of it!).

With so many riders complaining about a lack of race fitness due to rain-offs, why not sort something like this out?

Was only thinking about a GB - Aus test last night at Swindon while watching 7 Aussie riders from two teams.

There are probably more Aussie riders in the UK at the moment than there are back in Aus.

One meeting at Poole, one at Swindon and one or two elsewhere.

If the top riders are tied up on the continent in June then run an under 25 or whatever.

Poole has no more meeting in June and Swindon has two individual weeks with no meetings.

There won't be any new meetings in June. Anything not currently in the fixture list will be late in the season, if at all!!!

Preparing for the seven meeting plus play-off format arriving next year?

If anyone can't see that the decision of the most successful track in the country not to run meetings for four weeks in June constitutes a major crisis for the sport then they really aren't paying attention.

We've gone from 26-30 home meetings a season to a bare 14-15. Now where is the EL heading, 0?