British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Eastbourne 01/06

BIRMINGHAM: Zach Wajtknecht, Tom Bacon R/R, Danyon Hume, Darryl Ritchings, Danny Ayres, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Stephen Whitehouse (No.8)

EASTBOURNE: Matt Williamson, Gary Cottham, Georgie Wood, Ellis Perks, Jake Knight, Luke Harris, Charley Powell.

Looking forward to this, great choice of guest for Brummies. Ayres really good when Kent were here. Kids under 16 go free when with a paying adult. Hope it's a good crowd.

It will be r/r for Gary Cottham, I hope Luke Bowen was considered at No 1, he scored 14 at Brum where Williamson only got 8.

I'll say Brummies 53 Eagles 37, but we will beat them by more at Eastbourne and win the play off two years on the trot !!

It will be r/r for Gary Cottham, I hope Luke Bowen was considered at No 1, he scored 14 at Brum where Williamson only got 8.

I'll say Brummies 53 Eagles 37, but we will beat them by more at Eastbourne and win the play off two years on the trot !!

two years on the trot ???????

two years on the trot ???????

He is referring to the gold cup final last year which effectively was a play off.

We knew weeks ago we would be without Adam Ellis and would get a right thumping but it might not be so bad now. The top four look reasonably balanced with Williamson and Perks having Perry Barr as their home last year with Cradley. Both sides will be r/r for their fifth rider which gives 11 scheduled rides to the reserve pair and that is where eagles should get a tonking.

However Martin has done a lot of work on them and their equipment, as a result their improvement over the last few matches as been very noticeable. This is the real test as to their development and with Harris also being a Heathen last year I have a feeling they may not be a total walk over for the Brummies pair.

52-38 to Birmingham would be a good result for the eagles.

As regards the play offs, they have to get there first and if they do it will be a different team by then so no point in speculating which is why I am so opposed to play- offs.

• Like 1

Fantastic result for the Eagles, more than could have been expected.

Well done to brum on a fine win understrength

Well done to eastbourne on a fine effort

This match shows the massive chasm between the reserves in the league, eastbournes arent in the same class as brums yet looked worldbeaters against cradleys and ryes.

Hope all riders are safe and sound

• Like 1

I have to say we were lucky to get away with that tonight - well deserved point for the eagles. Hoping Jack Smith escaped serious injury after that horrendous heat 14 "off"...............we have enough wounded at the moment.

Brums reserves are different gravy to everyone elses in the NL, both of them can win races at every other Track, as you saw tonight yours cant, and Cradleys couldnt against you guys on Saturday, nor could they at Coventry a few weeks ago. Brum badly weakened by having to use rr for Tom Perry, and RTD didnt score as many points as Tom Bacon probably would have got, but hey they still won, and a hard earned point for the Eagles.

Edited by greyhoundp

Ultimately we have some of the better of the worst reserves which will do us until later in the season. After that Brennan and E. Spiller can take over if needed which it probably will be and they should make the playoffs interesting should we make it. If we don't they will be saved for next season.

Cracking meeting after the first 4 heats tonight, think both teams will be happy with what they got under the circumstances. Eastbourne thoroughly deserved their point but were severely hampered at reserve compared to us, whereas the absence of Tom Bacon and a bit of an off night for Hume hindered the Brummies. Jane Knight rider of the night for me, very impressive.

Horrible crash in heat 14, thought for a minute that bike was heading straight for me....hope Jack Smith is OK, amazing both riders got to their feet.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

Glad we got the win, I had no idea Danny Ayres missing until just before the start time. I think that weakened us considerably, his rider replacement only got 5+2. He was immense when Kent were here. That said well done for Eastbourne getting a point.

The Jackson Smith first bend crash was absolutely horrific and I'm glad he and Darryl walked away from that. He went into the fence with such force that his bike was lodged on the top safety fence with the wheels in the air, two panels of air fence destroyed aswell. Thank god for air fences.

I thought we rode alright tonight, Jackson and Darryl rode really well. We definitely had the upper hand with the reserves. Shocked with Charley Powell, he actually looked decent here last year in his guest showings. Williamson rode better tonight then he did for Belle Vue the other week and Jake Knight was impressive.

Finally credit to the Eastbourne fans that made the trip up and were very vocal. Saw the same people as last year but also some more, great support. Always liked your fans, you made me feel welcome when I went there in the El days. Good run club aswell.

• Like 1

Perks has gone down in my opinion after that display in front of all the youngsters the promotion had tempted in during the half-term holidays. Shouting and swearing at Darryl after Heat 14 and making rude hand gestures too. What a sterling example he was to the children there. He needs to wind his neck in. Oh and learn to turn left on the first bend.

• Like 1

Perks is a twit seen him last season spitting his dummy out on more then one occasion last season

Fantastic result for the Eagles, more than could have been expected.

Have to disagree with you there. You should have won with Birmingham having to ride with one hand behind there back.