British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Eastbourne 01/06

Perks has gone down in my opinion after that display in front of all the youngsters the promotion had tempted in during the half-term holidays. Shouting and swearing at Darryl after Heat 14 and making rude hand gestures too. What a sterling example he was to the children there. He needs to wind his neck in. Oh and learn to turn left on the first bend.

I am sorry Lord of the shale i think you could say that Richings was the one who was shouting across the pits to Perks as Perks was smilling as Ritchings who was swearing and shoutung mainly in anger, Also the fact that it was the school holidays and Richings was going crazy in the pits has not made any difference as there were no children in the pits as its not allowed also the fact that the nearest spectators are 50ft away from the riders and you cant see the riders becase of the layout of the pits? you cant hear the abuse from Ritchings because of the PA system i suggest you get your fact correct before you put it out on the forums, Also please use facts and not fiction as you said Perks has gone down in your opinion, and it this only your opinion and what you wanted to see as none of it is fact.

Fact 1 no kids in the pits

Fact 2 Richings shouts at Perks

Fact 3 PA system cancelling out whats being said either way

Fact 4 you cant see Ritchings from the Pit shouting and presume it was Perk

Fact 5 Perks had no reason to be upset as he had done nothing wrong in his eyes so why shout at anyone.

so if you want to twist the truth i think you should get your facts 100% correct

How do you know perks was smiling?

I no he was as i was informed by a person who was there. And the funny thing it was a cradley supporter who informed me as well as an Eastbourne Supporter and both of them had the same story. Ritchings was the loud mouth not perks for a change.

I thought we rode alright tonight, ...

Really? Sorry if I left less impressed than you.

Zach has flat-lined compared to last season. He is our #1 and at home that means he has to win races. He's not doing it nearly often enough.

Hume looked like he was riding a bucking bronco in a couple of his races before he pulled a win out of the bag,

Reidar Replacement - didn't score what Tom Perry would have scored.

Darryl - par for the course and bags of effort for not enough reward.

Jack Smith - reasonable showing and signs of improvement compared to the start of the season, albeit inconsistent

JPB - Was overtaken too often. Are his bikes in need of some more power? He has the style and the confidence but seemingly down on horsepower.

Arthur Daley - not fair to comment.

BSPA - at the root of the Brummies problems. Fans want their riders to cheer for, even if they are only temporary. If we are going to be forced to field guests and RR all the time, we might as well go back to the EL.

The Brummies are 3rd or 4th in the league material on this showing. I doubt if they will get away points at Eastbourne or Kent both of whom have scored league points at Perry Barr, and crucially, in 2-legged finals, both of those teams will ensure that the Brummies will get runners-up medals at best. I'm sure that it won't be long before someone else visits Perry Barr and has 60 points stuffed past them, and the Brummies will look like world beaters again, but when that happens, all it will show is the gulf in class between the top 3 or 4 teams in the NL and the bottom 3 or 4.

• Like 1

I'm sorry as well catinthehat.this all took place out on the track. At no point did I say it happened in the pits.

However this is a forum.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Zach has flat-lined compared to last season. He is our #1 and at home that means he has to win races. He's not doing it nearly often enough.

Hume looked like he was riding a bucking bronco in a couple of his races before he pulled a win out of the bag,

Jack Smith - reasonable showing and signs of improvement compared to the start of the season, albeit inconsistent

JPB - Was overtaken too often. Are his bikes in need of some more power? He has the style and the confidence but seemingly down on horsepower.

BSPA - at the root of the Brummies problems. Fans want their riders to cheer for, even if they are only temporary. If we are going to be forced to field guests and RR all the time, we might as well go back to the EL.

The Brummies are 3rd or 4th in the league material on this showing. I doubt if they will get away points at Eastbourne or Kent both of whom have scored league points at Perry Barr, and crucially, in 2-legged finals, both of those teams will ensure that the Brummies will get runners-up medals at best. I'm sure that it won't be long before someone else visits Perry Barr and has 60 points stuffed past them, and the Brummies will look like world beaters again, but when that happens, all it will show is the gulf in class between the top 3 or 4 teams in the NL and the bottom 3 or 4.

I think you are being a tad harsh here UK M, you have a young Team, and they are bound to be inconsistent, yes you badly missed Perry rr scored what ? 5 points, and its pretty fair to say Bacon would probably have scored more than RTD. You will likely finish Top of the League as for 2 Leg Finals it all comes down to on the night, but probably you have a fairer Track to ride than the Two Teams that you mentioned.

• Like 2

I wouldn't complain about waj he is second season speedway and is a solid number 1. 10 points is more than some of the other number 1s in the league and he is coping much better than I expected him to

• Like 1

You nearly always come out with overly critical comments. Sometimes I wonder if you actually do want this Birmingham team to succeed.

• Like 2

I'm sorry as well catinthehat.this all took place out on the track. At no point did I say it happened in the pits.

However this is a forum.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

If this was on the track as you say i have talked to one of the riders mechanics and at no point did perks start any of the the shouting he returned what ritchings started, then it was Ritchings who was the leader of the foul mouth followed by Perks.

Ritchings then then tried to crash into Perks as the end of the race (ReRun) i am told that Martin Dugard went into the pits with Graham Dury to calm Ritchings down and have a quite word with him in the interest of the sport. So i guess the shouting was from both of them and the foul mouth was also from them both but insigated by Ritchings. But this was all following the crash who he was the unfortunate to be collected by Jack Smiths bike.

But i guess tempers flare and i was also told that a lot of the fans were also swearing at Perks (including the Kids lol) so i guess the kids picked up the bad language quite quickly :rofl:

Hope both teams are at full strength come the playoffs, whether that be riders coming back from injury or strengthening up at reserve etc as I imagine there won't be much between both teams home and away. Although perhaps Kent could have a say in proceedings, still convinced these 2 will be riding for the NL title.

As i've said many times Eastbourne will win the NL over 2 legs this year against any team due to home track advantage.When all the jiggery pokery is done with line ups going into the play offs it's nailed on in my opinion.

I think if we win it this year it'll be because of team spirit rather than home track advantage .Over the years Easties home advantage has always been counter balanced with poor away results because of the difference between our track and others. Be interesting to see the aggregate score in the league matches with Kent, think it'll be fairly even?

If this was on the track as you say i have talked to one of the riders mechanics and at no point did perks start any of the the shouting he returned what ritchings started, then it was Ritchings who was the leader of the foul mouth followed by Perks.

Ritchings then then tried to crash into Perks as the end of the race (ReRun) i am told that Martin Dugard went into the pits with Graham Dury to calm Ritchings down and have a quite word with him in the interest of the sport. So i guess the shouting was from both of them and the foul mouth was also from them both but insigated by Ritchings. But this was all following the crash who he was the unfortunate to be collected by Jack Smiths bike.

But i guess tempers flare and i was also told that a lot of the fans were also swearing at Perks (including the Kids lol) so i guess the kids picked up the bad language quite quickly :rofl:

Was going to keep out of this but in the interests of Clarity.

It was started by Perks on the track. ritchings reacted to what Perks said. Perks also acted in a way that I am not going to share that may have already wound people up at the end of the first running of the heat. Probably six of one and half a dozen of the other but definatley started by Perks.

Was going to keep out of this but in the interests of Clarity.

It was started by Perks on the track. ritchings reacted to what Perks said. Perks also acted in a way that I am not going to share that may have already wound people up at the end of the first running of the heat. Probably six of one and half a dozen of the other but definatley started by Perks.

Started by Perks driving the other three into the fence. Not surprising that Richings was angered! A man standing next to me, who seemed to be a new fan, commented on this.

Surely they should have shut off then rather than keep going? He was probably trying to move them out wide to let Powell through