British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Redcar V Newcastle League Cup Thursday 2nd June 2016

Its the day before and I couldn't find a thread so I am starting one.

Redcar

Lasse Bjerre ???

Jacob Bukhave
Hugh Skidmore

Jonas B Andersen
David Bellego
???
Lee Payne

Newcastle

Richie Worrall (Guesting for Robert Lambert)

Victor Palovaara (Rider Replacement)

Matej Kus

Stuart Robson (Guesting for Ludde Lindgren)

Steve Worrall

Fernando Garcia (Guesting for Lewis Rose)

Danny Phillips

When starting a thread I like to name the riders taking part, but often this is very difficult with riders popping up for guest bookings and then ruling themselves out with injuries etc
Redcar may have a couple of issues with their team for Thursday 2nd June. Newcastle go into this match minus 4 riders. The Diamonds have brought in as guests two Newcastle friendly riders Richie Worrall at no 1 and long time Newcastle rider Stuart Robson at number 4. On paper the two guests should do their selection justice and help the diamonds cause. Garcia comes in as a guest for high scoring reserve Lewis Rose. IF Rose was available he may have netted 10 points so come on Fernando get into double figures for the diamonds and get youself down for other guest bookings throughout the year at Newcastle

I wonder why speedway is losing all credibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I believe this match has been forced upon the teams to get it in before cut off dates. Newcastle certainly would rather not have to find 3 guests and run R/R, putting the chances of qualifying into the hands of others ( Im 100% confident in the guests chosen ) rather than their own riders.

Fingers crossed for some good racing and some reasonable weather.

Edited by Parsy72

We are stuck with this situation I am afraid!

I wonder why the Elite League has precedence over the Premier League etc but we just have to play by the rules and in this case we are 4 riders short and the league cup meeting cannot be put back again so we go into this one with 3 guests and R/R

Ullrich is guesting at 1 for Lasse for Redcar.

This is crazy and double standards by the BSPA.

Godfrey was speaking about Cookie not going to Peterboro due to 4 fixture clashes over the season where Peterboro would need guests, not being in the best interests of british speedway.

Newcastle are then forced to go to Redcar with 4 guests in one nght. Redcar need a guest due to Lasse prepping for a Danish meeting on Friday which Ullrich is in but missing practice.

Where the hell is the staging of this meeting in the best interests of british speedway ?

Redcar had a blank Thursday a few weeks ago and all riders were available, or is that the real issue ?

• Like 1

Redcar had a blank Thursday a few weeks ago and all riders were available, or is that the real issue ?

What date was that, as I can't see a 'blank' in the fixtures?

Thursday 5th May

Correct! Missed that one (one of those days!).

I'm guessing there must be a reason (although I'm buggered if I know what it is!!).

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Correct! Missed that one (one of those days!).

I'm guessing there must be a reason (although I'm buggered if I know what it is!!).

Bjerre, Andersen and Nielsen all in National Qualifier meeting in Outrup. Now you know Steve. Enjoy! ;)

• Like 1

Bjerre, Andersen and Nielsen all in National Qualifier meeting in Outrup. Now you know Steve. Enjoy! ;)

But it's OK for Newcastle to have to bring in 3 guests! :P

The 3 Bears probably fell foul of the Goldilocks rule when looking for guests...average too high...average too low...average just right (but too expensive for Brian!) :D

Edited by Bear_Bottom

So the squad rule comes in for Elite League clubs so they can replace riders if they need to, yet they still take priority of riders over PL clubs that don't have squads... This makes no sense to me, if the EL takes priority then the PL should surely be the league with squads?? I know it comes down to money but the EL manages it, PL teams should take priority of the riders and EL should use their squads (Dennis Jonsson @ Lakeside for example) (Ben Barker @ Coventry) (Kai Huckenbeck @ King's Lynn) No one @ any PL club...

Just a quick rant :P Haha, I'm bored at work

ANYWAYYY... Even though I can't make this meeting tomorrow I can really see the Diamonds getting a win here with Richie, Robbo and Garcia as great guests :t: And Matej Kus, Steve Worrall and Danny Phillips all having PLENTY of experience around Redcar

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Plus Bellego was also riding that night in a European qualifier.The home promoter has the advantage of having to offer dates to the away promoter and he would never offer 5th May with 4 riders not available. I would think he would have offered (as the Ipswich meeting was moved on 19th to accommodate the 2 L C rain offs) the 19th May and 2nd June to both Workington and Newcastle. Workington took 19th May. With it being a L C meeting Newcastle could not be left any longer than 2nd June due to the cut off which i think was originally set as 31st May.

Edited by Sly Fox

Redcar could easily of moved the fixture to another date this week as they have access to the track but that would always be highly unlikely to help there neighbours out. I remember Newcastle moving the start time back to 7pm for kus to arrive but what goes around comes around ;)

• Like 3