British Speedway Forum
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon 4/6/16

Absolutely, we won right? No guests? 6 man team, I'll take that.

Out group at Poole all had a bloody good laugh when we discovered this bloke sitting in Front of us was you. Thought you were going to burst into tears as we ripped you apart, then slunk off before the final heat with your head bowed so low it was almost between your legs.

Well done Swindon on a well deserved win over Leicester. You fans must be so proud of the way it was done.

T

I was critical of Joe Screen missing a Poole meeting "injured " and then scoring an 18 point maximum in Denmark the next night, and I was critical of the Dak North situation but if those facts are true i.e. Rosco tweets Tungate out for two weeks then the following night he gets a maximum for Somerset then TBF there do seem to be parallels between the three cases. Not going overboard about it yet but it does hum a bit and an explanation would be useful, otherwise conclusions will be drawn.

Can anyone post a copy of Rosco's tweet ?

He didn't get a maximum at Somerset. He scored 2,2,0,0.

And he tweeted afterwards that his shoulder was still paying him up and he needed to rest it.

He also pulled out of his last 2 rides at Swindon te night before.

Don't let Steve lead you on. He's just trying it on.

Out group at Poole all had a bloody good laugh when we discovered this bloke sitting in Front of us was you. Thought you were going to burst into tears as we ripped you apart, then slunk off before the final heat with your head bowed so low it was almost between your legs.

Well done Swindon on a well deserved win over Leicester. You fans must be so proud of the way it was done.

In the words of Mrs Brown "That's nice...fe**in eejit".

T

I was critical of Joe Screen missing a Poole meeting "injured " and then scoring an 18 point maximum in Denmark the next night, and I was critical of the Dak North situation but if those facts are true i.e. Rosco tweets Tungate out for two weeks then the following night he gets a maximum for Somerset then TBF there do seem to be parallels between the three cases. Not going overboard about it yet but it does hum a bit and an explanation would be useful, otherwise conclusions will be drawn.

Can anyone post a copy of Rosco's tweet ?

Think you will find Tungate only got 4 for Somerset last night, not a maximum as you say, he had his shoulder strapped up.

He didn't get a maximum at Somerset. He scored 2,2,0,0.

And he tweeted afterwards that his shoulder was still paying him up and he needed to rest it.

He also pulled out of his last 2 rides at Swindon te night before.

Don't let Steve lead you on. He's just trying it on.

Rubbish. If you read the updates it says Tungate was right on the exhaust pipe of the opposition when he ran his last last.

Truth is Swindon didnt want him tonight and by riding last night he wrecked Swindons excuse of an injury, and though they still played that card, their hand was seen.

Rubbish. If you read the updates it says Tungate was right on the exhaust pipe of the opposition when he ran his last last.

Truth is Swindon didnt want him tonight and by riding last night he wrecked Swindons excuse of an injury, and though they still played that card, their hand was seen.

Apologies. I thought you were having a laugh. I over estimated you.

• Like 1

Apologies. I thought you were having a laugh. I over estimated you.

You really believe Swindons win tonight was fair and Ok?

• Like 1

Don't feed the Troll.

• Like 2

Just finished 18 holes at Broome Manor golf course and saw Tungate on the 17th. Asked him how his shoulder was. The good news is he expects to back for Somerset in their next meeting.

52 on the back nine

Shocking

The Robins always go away from BP with thier tails between thier legs at BP, not seen them win there yet, but this year they have Doyle. So they could just pull off a win. Doyle sahould not be riding though on a Saturday as he always said it was to much trouble having to fly over to Poland after the meeting, I think it was just a mater that Swindon where offering him more monet that he would have been getting if he stayed at BP this year.

I make that the third win now, perhaps you need to read your history, going by your logic as I didn't attend thursday Leicester can't have won. :drink:

You really believe Swindons win tonight was fair and Ok?

I see nothing to suggest otherwise.

Tungate withdrew from Thursday's meeting, possibly costing Swindon the match. It's clear he has a problem or that wouldn't have happened.

I can't comment on the extent of the injury as I know nothing on that. The same as you.

You have to feel sorry for young Tunners. Going to score an absolute hatful and robbed of the chance.

He then has to contend with Dr Shovlar, making unsubstantiated and nefarious accusations and calling in to question his honesty.

As if we would do that...😇

• Like 2

I see nothing to suggest otherwise.

Tungate withdrew from Thursday's meeting, possibly costing Swindon the match. It's clear he has a problem or that wouldn't have happened.

I can't comment on the extent of the injury as I know nothing on that. The same as you.

But clearly his so called injury wasnt enough to stop him riding all his heats last night, so it follows that he was fit to ride tonight. But Rosco had already said he was injured on Thursday and would be out.

But clearly his so called injury wasnt enough to stop him riding all his heats last night, so it follows that he was fit to ride tonight. But Rosco had already said he was injured on Thursday and would be out.

The most likely truth is that he shouldn't have ridden last night.

Who can say what effect his absence had anyway. He is - just as we were warned when we signed him - very hot and cold.

He has been a match winner in some matches this year and frustratingly poor in others.

His score at Leicester early in the year, btw, was 7, albeit from a second string berth.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Swindon can't stop Tungate riding for Somerset, if doing so aggravated his already injured shoulder I don't see the problem, if he'd scored a max and then not ridden this evening, questions would need answers.

• Like 1